Windows 10: how to get rid of Black screen after update

Discus and support how to get rid of Black screen after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; get rid of black screen after latest update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TrevorRichards1, Jun 20, 2019.

1. how to get rid of Black screen after update

get rid of black screen after latest update

:)

TrevorRichards1, Jun 20, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jun 20, 2019
  4. how to get rid of Black screen after update

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

how to get rid of Black screen after update

1. how to get rid of Black screen after update - Similar Threads - rid Black screen

2. How to get rid on black screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid on black screen?: I have Windows 10. I come to turn on this afternoon after leaving to charge, the power buttons come on and it powers up but the screen is blank. I've tried everything people have suggested online but nothing is working....
  3. How to get rid on black screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid on black screen?: I have Windows 10. I come to turn on this afternoon after leaving to charge, the power buttons come on and it powers up but the screen is blank. I've tried everything people have suggested online but nothing is working....
  4. How to get rid on black screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How ti get rid of black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How ti get rid of black screen: My screen is black on the bottom i dont know how to get rid of it i tried everything i tries restarting but it only became huge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-ti-get-rid-of-black-screen/11e35df9-2430-47c6-9f00-35485863c2d1
  6. How ti get rid of black screen

How ti get rid of black screen: My screen is black on the bottom i dont know how to get rid of it i tried everything i tries restarting but it only became huge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-ti-get-rid-of-black-screen/11e35df9-2430-47c6-9f00-35485863c2d1
  7. How to get rid of this black square icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of this black square icon: A microphone-like icon appear out of nowhere on my screen. I dont even know what it means. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-black-square-icon/3f714516-ccd8-4cf6-9f25-a79b3091a721
  8. How to get rid of this black square icon

How to get rid of this black square icon: A microphone-like icon appear out of nowhere on my screen. I dont even know what it means. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-black-square-icon/3f714516-ccd8-4cf6-9f25-a79b3091a721
  9. How to get rid of this black square icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. how to get rid of this black, yellow, green screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get rid of this black, yellow, green screen: so my screen has been like this for 5 hours and I don't know how to change it back to normal. I need help .-. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-black-yellow-green-screen/98c1f6cc-f37d-4650-8fef-ce44648b3943