Windows 10: How to get rid of drive link in 'this pc'?

Discus and support How to get rid of drive link in 'this pc'? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Recently I had some issues with my external HDD, I decided to format it but first save the data I wanted to keep on another drive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CaffeineAndKush99, Dec 12, 2020.

1. How to get rid of drive link in 'this pc'?

Hello everyone,

Recently I had some issues with my external HDD, I decided to format it but first save the data I wanted to keep on another drive. I succesfully did this and then formatted the drive. I assigned it another letter (A) to make sure it wouldn't be confused with its previous letter (F).

Now when I go into 'this pc' in Windows 10, I still see the F shortcut in my Windows Explorer. When I click it it tells me the drive has probably moved, but thats it. I can't delete the shortcut or anything, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some help!

submitted by /u/CaffeineAndKush99
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CaffeineAndKush99, Dec 12, 2020

2. Can't get rid of a drive

I have a drive that I can't get rid of. It is not listed in the Disk Management app, but it is still listed in the "This PC".

How do I get rid of it? It was a drive at one point in time.

ScottPlummer, Dec 12, 2020
  3. little cat, Dec 12, 2020
  4. How to get rid of drive link in 'this pc'?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

How to get rid of drive link in 'this pc'?

1. How to get rid of drive link in 'this pc'? - Similar Threads - rid drive link

2. How to get rid of One Drive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get rid of One Drive.: I have one computer that is repeatedly requiring me to set up a file in One Drive.On another I am never bothered about One Drive. I am not "signed in," whatever that means.I don't want my files stored anywhere but on my computer and my backup. Is there some way I can remove...
  3. How to get rid of One Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of One Drive.: I have one computer that is repeatedly requiring me to set up a file in One Drive.On another I am never bothered about One Drive. I am not "signed in," whatever that means.I don't want my files stored anywhere but on my computer and my backup. Is there some way I can remove...
  4. How to get rid of One Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to get rid of One drive and correct all system links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of One drive and correct all system links: Hoping someone could help. Just installed window 11 and uninstalled Onedrive. I would like to change the system folders back to normal system default and abbolish all cloud routing/links in the system. I din't ask to install it either grr....
  6. How to get rid of One drive and correct all system links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of One drive and correct all system links: Hoping someone could help. Just installed window 11 and uninstalled Onedrive. I would like to change the system folders back to normal system default and abbolish all cloud routing/links in the system. I din't ask to install it either grr....
  7. Getting rid of a drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting rid of a drive: I have an issue where I upgraded my pc and decided to ditch my hard drive. Now Im trying to redownload mincecraft and am unable to because it was downloaded on my old drive. So when I try to run the setup I select C drive as the location, yet I get a pop up saying E drive is...
  8. How to get rid of One Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to get rid of One Drive: I don't want One Drive. It takes over everything. I want to get my photos it co-opted, transfer to a program that's easy to operate and get rid of One Drive permanently. I don't see any advantage to it at all, except to cause me to tear my hair out. Same w Win 8 and 10....
  9. also how to get rid of one drive ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    also how to get rid of one drive ?: ALSO thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/also-how-to-get-rid-of-one-drive/785dd852-288d-440f-82e3-86e204f5b3b5
  10. HOW TO GET RID OF ONE DRIVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW TO GET RID OF ONE DRIVE: ITS GETTING ON MY NERVES, HOW CAN I GET RID OT IT ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-one-drive/41502b63-4ff8-4b4c-92f7-9484389abc0e"