Windows 10: how to get rid of gray square when i game

Discus and support how to get rid of gray square when i game in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how to get rid of gray square when i click for example when i try to game and the touch and hold for example asphalt 9 when i try to drift i cant cos a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Oliver McLaren, Mar 1, 2024.

1. how to get rid of gray square when i game

how to get rid of gray square when i click for example when i try to game and the touch and hold for example asphalt 9 when i try to drift i cant cos a square pops up if u want i can send pic if i can lol

:)

Oliver McLaren, Mar 1, 2024

2. Gray Square on Desktop - Frozen Cursor

Here's today's update.

Starting with yesterday, uninstalled all of my recent Windows Updates and any other Update from any other application (mostly Adobe) and then I did a clean boot start. Got thru that fairly quickly (remember, I am technically challenged) but I got 'er done
    and when the laptop restarted, the issue was there again. The laptop automatically started to download and install the latest Windows Update and I didn't stop it. I uninstalled a few programs and shortened by startup list of apps, still the square and gray
    circles were there. I then ran a series of malware and virus scans from various apps all resulting with no issues. I also had a 'Fix Me Stick' which I ran and resulted in nothing to fix. So worked through my day, swiping the square and gray circles away from
    my display until I went to bed last night.

This morning, I started up the Dell and began working - but no square and no circles. I worked all day on the laptop using Photoshop, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel and NO SQUARE AND NO CIRCLES ALL DAY!

I do not know what has happened nor what fixed this issue but it suddenly has stopped. I will watch if the 'crop circles and square' returns and if so, I'll update this question again.

Thanks to all who contributed with possible solutions and corrective action steps for me to follow. All contributions and suggestions were and are gratefully accepted and very much appreciated.

Cheers!

Ken

KenKavanagh64, Mar 1, 2024
  3. Gray Square on Desktop - Frozen Cursor

Nick,

I am using a Dell Inspiron 5559 laptop with Windows 10.

I did not install any programs or applications aside from a large Windows update that I have since backed out of.

I assumed that this square was part of the 'magnifier' option however I've checked my settings, restarted my laptop and nothing seems to work. This square appears when I least expect it and the only way to get rid of it is to hold a finger on it and slowly
    move it across the screen and it disappears. Also, I should have noted that there is a gray circle under this gray box and I do the same thing to get rid of that too....and then it reappears after a period of time, could be 10 minutes to an hour....very strange.

4. how to get rid of gray square when i game

Gray Square on Desktop - Frozen Cursor

I have a gray square on the right hand side of my desktop (see pic below) which causes the cursor to blink repeatedly and the mouse does not work. To fix this issue, I have to place a finger in the square and slowly move it away (swipe it away slowly).

This square has just shown up on my laptop (Windows 10) in the past 4 days and I'm stumped as to what is it and how to get rid of it. One weird thing is that if I am in Word and the box shows up, it magnifies my document when I try to swipe it off of the
    screen.

Please advise....

how to get rid of gray square when i game [​IMG]

Thema:

how to get rid of gray square when i game

1. how to get rid of gray square when i game - Similar Threads - rid gray square

2. how to get rid of gray square when i game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to get rid of gray square when i game: how to get rid of gray square when i click for example when i try to game and the touch and hold for example asphalt 9 when i try to drift i cant cos a square pops up if u want i can send pic if i can lol...
  3. how to get rid of gray square when i game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get rid of gray square when i game: how to get rid of gray square when i click for example when i try to game and the touch and hold for example asphalt 9 when i try to drift i cant cos a square pops up if u want i can send pic if i can lol...
  4. How to get rid of this black square icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of this black square icon: A microphone-like icon appear out of nowhere on my screen. I dont even know what it means. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-black-square-icon/3f714516-ccd8-4cf6-9f25-a79b3091a721
  5. How to get rid of this black square icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of this black square icon: A microphone-like icon appear out of nowhere on my screen. I dont even know what it means. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-black-square-icon/3f714516-ccd8-4cf6-9f25-a79b3091a721
  6. How to get rid of this black square icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I get rid of the gray abc key on my screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get rid of the gray abc key on my screen?: I don't know what I did to make a gray abc key show up on my screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-gray-abc-key-on-my-screen/d40e8265-39e2-4d18-bd8b-264232883018
  8. how do I get rid of the blue squares on thumbnails?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I get rid of the blue squares on thumbnails?: I don't know why, but small blue squares with > >have appeared on my thumbnails. They're very annoying - how do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-blue-squares-on-thumbnails/3a7a36ad-0aa3-48bb-9ca6-fa2608b930c1"
  9. How do I get rid of Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get rid of Game Bar?: How can it be removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-game-bar/1ac3615a-ce4f-4f3d-8de2-08f86a078cf2"
  10. How to get rid of strange white square on desktop during startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of strange white square on desktop during startup?: I have some strange square every time I start Windows 10, which will be gone when I click on it. Something is run in the background. I see nothing when Windows is just loading. When ESET anti-virus loads, it's still okay. And then somewhere during that and the last few...