Windows 10: How to get rid of meta?

Discus and support How to get rid of meta? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I never opend instagram,or eny other acc. with meta, yet META installed instagram "non-user" acc.on my pc, happily admitting it's collecting my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Petr Filip3, Jul 8, 2023.

1. How to get rid of meta?

I never opend instagram,or eny other acc. with meta, yet META installed instagram "non-user" acc.on my pc, happily admitting it's collecting my personal info. I found it in microsoft acc. in passwords & personal info with password but no username. I can delete it from that section but I doubt that would do anything. Reading only about five pages of their milion page policy was enough to see that. Does enybody know what to do? Is it just me? Is this normal these days...?Thanks for noticing.

:)

Petr Filip3, Jul 8, 2023
  2. tcebob Win User

What are [[meta]] [[meta-new]] files?

Great suggestion! I suspected Ashampoo Backup. Then ran Everything and found hundreds of [[meta]]s. I noticed that the dates and times of the files coincide with the scheduled backup time (Friday at 1:00). So that's the culprit. I will contact Ashampoo.

tcebob, Jul 8, 2023
  3. tcebob Win User
    What are [[meta]] [[meta-new]] files?

[[meta]]
    or[[meta-new]]

That's exactly what I saw, at the top of the filename list. Not all directories, just system. Nothing happens when I click on them. Now, after a few updates and reboots, they seem to have gone away. So I can't provide a screen shot. As far as I can tell they have nothing to do with a metafile.

tcebob, Jul 8, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

How to get rid of meta?

Meta Connect 2022: Meta Quest Pro, More Social VR and Look Into Future

Source: https://about.fb.com/news/2022/10/me...-connect-2022/

Brink, Jul 8, 2023
Thema:

How to get rid of meta?

1. How to get rid of meta? - Similar Threads - rid meta

2. How do I get rid of the Windows Error making my computer not "activate" Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the Windows Error making my computer not "activate" Windows 10.: I am desperately trying to change the background of my desktop as it is in the "cycling stage" where it randomly picks what background would show. In attempting to personalize the computer it says I must have Windows activated. Despite the fact I have Windows 10 activated and...
  3. How do I get rid of the Windows Error making my computer not "activate" Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the Windows Error making my computer not "activate" Windows 10.: I am desperately trying to change the background of my desktop as it is in the "cycling stage" where it randomly picks what background would show. In attempting to personalize the computer it says I must have Windows activated. Despite the fact I have Windows 10 activated and...
  4. How do I get rid of the Windows Error making my computer not "activate" Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Auto get rid off application that doesn't exist anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto get rid off application that doesn't exist anymore: All files have been deleted and yet the program continues to be visible in applications.https://imgur.com/a/wQfHPyl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-get-rid-off-application-that-doesnt-exist/0956fab3-9787-4474-b9cf-6704d5ed1107
  6. How to get rid of this "Force Delete" option from my show more options menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of this "Force Delete" option from my show more options menu: Hi there, a while ago, there was this file I couldn't delete, so i downloaded this app called ForceDelete. Eventually I got rid of it, but unfortunately, I found that this more options menu item did not get removed when I uninstalled it. How do I get rid of this? Screenshot...
  7. How to get rid of this "Force Delete" option from my show more options menu

How to get rid of this "Force Delete" option from my show more options menu: Hi there, a while ago, there was this file I couldn't delete, so i downloaded this app called ForceDelete. Eventually I got rid of it, but unfortunately, I found that this more options menu item did not get removed when I uninstalled it. How do I get rid of this? Screenshot...
  8. how to get rid of my virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get rid of my virus: i tried everything and nothing working should I reset my pc or do you guys have another way of fixing it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-my-virus/47ff9219-1c4d-47c2-92bd-e976a2528270
  9. How to get rid of meta?

How to get rid of meta?: I never opend instagram,or eny other acc. with meta, yet META installed instagram "non-user" acc.on my pc, happily admitting it's collecting my personal info. I found it in microsoft acc. in passwords & personal info with password but no username. I can delete it from that...
  10. How to get rid of meta?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get rid of meta?: I never opend instagram,or eny other acc. with meta, yet META installed instagram "non-user" acc.on my pc, happily admitting it's collecting my personal info. I found it in microsoft acc. in passwords & personal info with password but no username. I can delete it from that...