Windows 10: how to get rid of ms-resouce:Appname/Text from Start menu??????

Discus and support how to get rid of ms-resouce:Appname/Text from Start menu?????? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After getting all the latest updates for Windows 10 Pro (running ver 1809 OS Build 17763.134) I noticed an additional entry under "Y" named "OTHER" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Artoo Smith, Nov 16, 2018.

1. how to get rid of ms-resouce:Appname/Text from Start menu??????

After getting all the latest updates for Windows 10 Pro (running ver 1809 OS Build 17763.134) I noticed an additional entry under "Y" named "OTHER" and there an entry "ms-resouce:Appname/Text".

How do I remove that item from the start menu????

I did do a google search and tried a few of the fixes but none of them worked.

Artoo

:)

Artoo Smith, Nov 16, 2018
  2. dm33tri Win User

Phantom app in start menu

In the start menu I have item named @{Microsoft.WindowsFeedback_10.0.10586.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy?ms-resource://Microsoft.WindowsFeedback/FeedbackApp.Resources/Appname/Text} which can not be deleted nor launched.

App is not on the get-appxpackage's list also. How do I get rid of it?

dm33tri, Nov 16, 2018
  3. mutant entry in Start: ms-resource:AppName/Text

Hi Watson,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

We would suggest you to follow the below step and let us know if that helps you.

Check for the mutant file "ms-resource:AppName/Text".
    and delete it from the below location.

• C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 16, 2018
  4. how to get rid of ms-resouce:Appname/Text from Start menu??????

ms-smartsearch text box in start menu

I just upgraded to Windows 10, and on the Start Menu, there is a small text box on the left hand side that says "ms-smartsearch." It can't be moved or clicked, and it on the way of some program as I scroll. Seems like it might be a bug. Has anyone else
    experienced this and knlw however to get rid of it?

Nmordwinkin, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

how to get rid of ms-resouce:Appname/Text from Start menu??????

1. how to get rid of ms-resouce:Appname/Text from Start menu?????? - Similar Threads - rid resouce Appname

2. How to get rid of ms-resource:AppListName?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of ms-resource:AppListName?: Why does my Windows people app appear as "ms-resource:AppListName" at the bottom of the programs list and how can I fix it? submitted by /u/CHKN76 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4dv82/how_to_get_rid_of_msresourceapplistname/
  3. How do I get rid of <No Text> in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of <No Text> in Start Menu?: Using Windows 10 ver 1909. As attached, the Start Menu displays a folder called <No Text> which leads to nothing. Nothing like that in All Programs when I navigated there. Then, I did a search on C:, to no avail. Nothing. Google has nothing for me. :-( TIA. 175074
  4. How to get rid of web search results in start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of web search results in start menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/flawr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hv7e5r/how_to_get_rid_of_web_search_results_in_start_menu/
  5. How to get rid of ms-resource:AppListName in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of ms-resource:AppListName in Start Menu: I did an update to Windows 10 and the following ended up at the bottom of my start menu : ms-resource:AppListName I am using : Windows 10 Home version 1909 OS Build 18363.836 When I would click on ms-resource:AppListName with my mouse, nothing would happen and there...
  6. Ms-resource:appname, how to get rid of?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ms-resource:appname, how to get rid of?: I remember trying to get rid of edge and now thats there! When i updated Windows it popped up and i cant remove it.[ATTACH]i tried to reset the app, but it just broke it farther. now it wont show in installed apps in setting! Please help. thank you....
  7. How to remove ms-resource:AppName/Text from Start Menu?

How to remove ms-resource:AppName/Text from Start Menu?: I am using the latest version of Windows (Version 1903, OS internal version 18362.356). I use right click to enter the app setting and I can't uninstall it. This button already exists in multiple versions and will not disappear with the update. Anyone have a...
  8. Start menu invalid item ms-resource:AppName/Text

Start menu invalid item ms-resource:AppName/Text: Thousands of people including me have this ms-resource:AppName/Text item on the start menu since upgrading to win 10 version 1903. I have it on one laptop and not on the other, both updated via windows update. Are Microsoft working on fixing this? Yes I have reported it...
  9. How to get rid of Get rid of ms-resource:appDisplayName "bug" ?

How to get rid of Get rid of ms-resource:appDisplayName "bug" ?: This was already asked on the insiders forum (?) and someone told all of us using final builds to post the question here so... Since RS3 (Is this the proper name for the release?) (don't know what build) update that the start menu has an unremovable...
  10. Get rid of right half of start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Get rid of right half of start menu: Click the start menu button. The left half is the traditional side- the right half is the side with all those live tiles and windows 8.1/windows 10 style touch apps. How do I get rid of that right part? Problem in my googling is that I don't know what it's called. Closest...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ms-resource:appname/text

2. ms-resource appname-text

3. ms-resource:appname/text start menu

4. what is ms-resource:AppName/text,
  5. ms-resource appname/text remove,
  6. what is ms resource appname text,
  7. ms-resourceappname/text after 1809 update,
  8. ms-resource app windows 10,
  9. ms resource appname text,
  10. ms resource appname text remove,
  11. How to remove ms-resource:AppName/Text,