Windows 10: How to Get Rid of New Taskbar Crapware

Discus and support How to Get Rid of New Taskbar Crapware in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm suddenly seeing new crapware on my taskbar amongst other placesand would like to know how to get rid of it.Why is Microsoft changing users PCs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Daniel Pineault, Jun 7, 2021.

1. How to Get Rid of New Taskbar Crapware

I'm suddenly seeing new crapware on my taskbar amongst other placesand would like to know how to get rid of it.Why is Microsoft changing users PCs things without any user consent!Even the icon next to it, why is it always enabled? I don't want it, never asked for it. All the extra processes killing CPU, RAM, Bandwidth without ever asking users, nor offering the option to permanently removing them. Hiding is not a solution, that just masks the issues. Is there a way to remove them completely?

:)

Daniel Pineault, Jun 7, 2021

2. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 7, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 7, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

How to Get Rid of New Taskbar Crapware

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 7, 2021
Thema:

How to Get Rid of New Taskbar Crapware

1. How to Get Rid of New Taskbar Crapware - Similar Threads - Rid Taskbar Crapware

2. How to get rid off the new taskbar feed in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get rid off the new taskbar feed in Windows 10?: After the latest Win10 update there is kind of a newsfeed on the right side of the taskbar. There are no buttons to close it or remove it. How can we get rid of it?...
  3. How do i get rid of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i get rid of the taskbar?: [ATTACH] Help submitted by /u/cool_and_edgy_name [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjg7z3/how_do_i_get_rid_of_the_taskbar/
  4. How to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hmmm3973441 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izbkfd/how_to_get_rid_of_this/
  5. Can't get rid of taskbar divider

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't get rid of taskbar divider: Recently these random lines have appeared next to my windows icon on the taskbar. They aren't causing any problem but it's annoying and I would like to get rid of it. Also this is only happening on my main display and not on my second monitor. [ATTACH]...
  6. How to get rid of unwanted taskbar items?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of unwanted taskbar items?: I have found everything but what I am looking for! UNPIN UNWANTED ICONS FROM TASK BAR I just upgraded two systems to Win 10 this weekend but am having trouble finding out how to remove unwanted icons from the task bar. Desktop Downloads Pictures Documents Music...
  7. How to get rid of the line under the taskbar icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of the line under the taskbar icons ?: When I open a program that I have pinned to the task bar, this line appears under the program icon. Is there any way to remove this feature? [img] 9816
  8. how to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to get rid of this?: Hi guys: after i did a clean install of Win 10 TP, every time i boot too desktop i'm presented with this; see pic attach. 4481
  9. How to get rid of "ENG" in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of "ENG" in the taskbar: I have languages "English (United Kingdom)" and "English (United states)". I suspect this was so that spelling checkers would accept both "colour" and "color", for instance. But this setup inflicts me with "ENG" in the task bar. It was easy to get rid of this in Windows 7,...
  10. New Dell PC: Removing Crapware?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Dell PC: Removing Crapware?: I've got a new Dell PC. What is the best way to remove all the crapware? By this I mean all the Dell Utilities, the McAfee AV, DVD Players etc? I've downloaded a recovery disk, but I think it's still all there. It must be installed from an script, so perhaps this could be...