Windows 10: How to get rid of notifications from web sites that somehow got permission?

Discus and support How to get rid of notifications from web sites that somehow got permission? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How to get rid of notifications from web sites that somehow got permission? I wasn't paying attention and clicked agree to receive notifications from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nancy Frias, Aug 12, 2019.

1. How to get rid of notifications from web sites that somehow got permission?

How to get rid of notifications from web sites that somehow got permission? I wasn't paying attention and clicked agree to receive notifications from them. But they don't show up anywhere under the notification and actions settings window. I don't want to disable ALL notifications, just a few 3rd party vendors who don't show up in the list. Very sneaky and can't believe windows is making it so hard to find and stop them.

Please help!

:)

Nancy Frias, Aug 12, 2019
  2. namsilat Win User

no web site notification

Since about a month ago I stopped receiving notifications from a particular web site that sends them daily. There's no problem receiving notifications from other sites such as Facebook. I am using Chrome so I have been tweaking its notifications in setting, until I tried other browsers such as IE and also received no notifications from this web site. The web site assured me that they are sending out notifications and nobody else has complained about this problem. At this point it looks to be a Windows 10 issue, not a browser issue, so I have been looking at notifications in setting for Windows 10, but there's really nothing there that affects notifications in browsers. Does anybody have any idea or suggestion as to what else that I can check or tweak?

namsilat, Aug 12, 2019
  3. namsilat Win User
    no web site notification

I was thinking about many of those possibilities, so I fast forwarded to another step, I tried on another computer and it also failed to receive notification from this particular web site. At this point I am thinking about port 443 in the router which affects all the computers. If for some reason port 443 is blocked in the router, could I still be able to receive notification from sites like Facebook?

namsilat, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Polarman Win User

How to get rid of notifications from web sites that somehow got permission?

Looking for a particular web site ?

I remember seeing this here but i can't find it using the search thingy.

A guy posted a web site that had a comprensive list of all Windows update 32&64. I used to have it in my favorites before i formatted my HD.

Does someone know it?

They suggested a sticky for it but they never did.

Polarman, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

How to get rid of notifications from web sites that somehow got permission?

1. How to get rid of notifications from web sites that somehow got permission? - Similar Threads - rid notifications web

2. Getting Rid of CERTAIN Notifications in Win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting Rid of CERTAIN Notifications in Win10?: Hello Microsoft Community, When Windows10 starts on my laptop, notifications from OneDrive, ASUS, and others pop up immediately (there are usually two or three of them). Most of these notifications I have already seen and are therefore unimportant. I usually just...
  3. How do I get rid of a web tool bar

How do I get rid of a web tool bar: I just got this toolbar after a software update and want to get rid of it but don't know how. I cannot find a 'web browser' anything when I search it when I go to 'uninstall apps'. The bar has no informational section I can press to search for a name either. Can someone tell...
  4. How can I delete a Edge browser web site notification ?

How can I delete a Edge browser web site notification ?: I can't seem to be able to delete a Edge browser web site notification specifically in group notifications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-can-i-delete-a-edge-browser-web-site/7557f71e-6a60-4865-a9aa-ec276485c59f
  5. how to create short cut from web sites

how to create short cut from web sites: I had Best Buy set up my computer, however, how do i create short cuts. They did not create all the short cut icons I requested. I can pin to my task bar. But i need a short cut Icon on the screen itself. How do i do that....
  6. How to permanently get rid of "This app is incompatible" notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently get rid of "This app is incompatible" notification?: Every time I try to run Fallout 3 I get an annoying notification that the game is incompatible with Windows 10. It doesn't matter whether I run it from FalloutLauncher.exe or Fallout3.exe. The game runs fine, crashes every now and then, but works overall and is more than...
  7. how to get a rid of NORTON security web page

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to get a rid of NORTON security web page: hello every body *Smile recently when i want to visit some web pages on internet i get a alert from norton security company on my browser witch says: " this page is unsecured and you can not access to this page" when i close page and try another time i get the same error.....
  8. Getting Rid of Firewall Notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting Rid of Firewall Notifications: Hi all, I have Windows Firewall disabled. I know this and it has to stay that way. I use a lot of AV apps that will not function with it on, even with exceptions. In any case, I keep getting toast alerts saying it is disabled and I can't get rid of it. I had Action...
  9. no web site notification

in Browsers and Email
    no web site notification: Since about a month ago I stopped receiving notifications from a particular web site that sends them daily. There's no problem receiving notifications from other sites such as Facebook. I am using Chrome so I have been tweaking its notifications in setting, until I tried...
  10. how to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to get rid of this?: Hi guys: after i did a clean install of Win 10 TP, every time i boot too desktop i'm presented with this; see pic attach. 4481