Windows 10: how to get rid of old admin pin that prevents me from doing anything

Discus and support how to get rid of old admin pin that prevents me from doing anything in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello I have a Dell Inspiron 1553 laptop running Windows 10 Home version 1909 that was given to me by my uncle who didn't delete his admin account and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by artislee, Feb 14, 2021.

1. artislee Win User

how to get rid of old admin pin that prevents me from doing anything

Hello I have a Dell Inspiron 1553 laptop running Windows 10 Home version 1909 that was given to me by my uncle who didn't delete his admin account and every time I try to install a program or mess with any settings or change user account settings I get a popup wanting my uncles PIN. I have had no luck in getting ahold of my uncle to get this PIN. Is there any way to bypass this PIN or delete his admin account totally. I have tried to reset it but it asks for his PIN, it wont even let me install the tool for downloading the Windows 10 ISO. I was thinking of trying a windows password recovery software but am not sure how to go about doing this. Could I download the ISO from the web and make a bootable USB and reinstall windows 10 and just start over. Any help will be appreciated.

:)

artislee, Feb 14, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

3. degoman25 Win User
    Admin Pin

When I had my computer set up years ago an admin pin and password was put in place. I don't know what the pin is but I know the password. when I load new software the computer asks for pin which I don't have. it then asks for the password which gets me
    in. Now it is telling me that i missed the pin too many times and wants to lock me out. How do i get rid of the pin?

degoman25, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

1. how to get rid of old admin pin that prevents me from doing anything - Similar Threads - rid old admin

2. How do I get rid of my PIN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of my PIN?: Hello, I have tried removing my PIN several times following countless tutorials but every time it prompts me to input the PIN I just ''removed'', I did disable the ''For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device'', that didn't...
  3. How do I get rid of my PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of my PIN?: Hello, I have tried removing my PIN several times following countless tutorials but every time it prompts me to input the PIN I just ''removed'', I did disable the ''For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device'', that didn't...
  4. How do I get rid of the box "ask me anything?" in Bing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the box "ask me anything?" in Bing?: How do I get rid of the box "ask me anything?" in Bing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-box-ask-me-anything-in/783cdcc9-3c64-42b4-865a-2c710a2f3f55
  5. How do I get rid of the box "ask me anything?" in Bing?

How do I get rid of the box "ask me anything?" in Bing?: How do I get rid of the box "ask me anything?" in Bing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-box-ask-me-anything-in/783cdcc9-3c64-42b4-865a-2c710a2f3f55
  6. PIN prompt prevents me from logging in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN prompt prevents me from logging in.: When I try logging into my Windows 11 computer, I type my password. Then a ‘Create a PIN’ prompt comes up, I click continue. It says something went wrong, and when I click continue without PIN, it sets me back to my lockscreen. I can’t log in, I don’t really care about making...
  7. PIN prompt prevents me from logging in.

PIN prompt prevents me from logging in.: When I try logging into my Windows 11 computer, I type my password. Then a ‘Create a PIN’ prompt comes up, I click continue. It says something went wrong, and when I click continue without PIN, it sets me back to my lockscreen. I can’t log in, I don’t really care about making...
  8. Prevent second admin from removing me as admin.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent second admin from removing me as admin.: I want to make a child family account an admin but I want to prevent him from removing me as admin. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-second-admin-from-removing-me-as-admin/6a14b25e-adb9-41a9-b806-63a90a2890a1
  9. How do I get rid of the old PowerShell

How do I get rid of the old PowerShell: I just install the new PS 6.24 and was able to remove the UWP app. I also unchecked Powershell 2.0 in the CP. How do I get rid of the old Power shell? 151016
  10. How do I get rid of the "desktop" admin that keeps telling me i need admin access?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get rid of the "desktop" admin that keeps telling me i need admin access?: This phantom admin is running my computer and I have no permissions.. I would like to delate him. (I am already an admin but that does not seem to matter...