Windows 10: How to get rid of old USB drivers?

Discus and support How to get rid of old USB drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Rollback is grayed out. I uninstall the device "M25 digital scale" but a re-install picked up the old USB that are not working. They worked for an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joseph Stateson, Nov 20, 2019.

1. How to get rid of old USB drivers?

Rollback is grayed out. I uninstall the device "M25 digital scale" but a re-install picked up the old USB that are not working. They worked for an USB ASIC miner that I used at one time. The scale works perfectly on another win 10 1903 system. What is strange is that the winusb.sys driver (non working) cause the system manager to clearly show the device which allowed me to find the 0x922 and 0x8003 vendor codes. The working drivers "hidclass.sys" did not show the weight scale and I had to switch the device manager from "Device by type" to "device by container" before the weigh scale showed up.

To summarize, the following driver details allow the scale program to work even if not identified

How to get rid of old USB drivers? ff90b05e-1842-497e-aa5c-9847651cd6a0?upload=true.png

the following drivers don't work althogh they identify the scale properly

How to get rid of old USB drivers? 900e5ea7-c526-4e55-bcd3-530376a020e1?upload=true.png

I cannot even delete winusb.sys from that \system32\drivers folder even in elevated permission

will try booting in safe mode and delete them as an uninstall remove drivers did not remove the drivers.

:)

Joseph Stateson, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

I Need SM-USB 007 Driver

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 20, 2019
  3. KenBombik Win User
    USB HDD driver??

Running HP ENVY 750-514 with Windows 10. Internal drive bays are full so am trying to use an external SATA 200Mb Samsung SP2004C drive connected through a USB 3.0 to SATA Hard Drive Adapter (drive has some old data I want to transfer). The drive is recognized
    in ControlPanelDevices but doesn't list in Windows Explorer, therefore it's not accessible.

Device properties list the device as SAMSUNG SP2004C SCSI Disk Device, and list driver details as using DISK.SYS, EhStorClass.sys, or partmgr.sys. But SCSI?? It's a SATA device??

Another drive connected through USB is recognized as Seagate FreeAgent USB Device, and list driver details as using the same three files.

Anyone suggestions please? Thanks.

KenBombik, Nov 20, 2019
  4. How to get rid of old USB drivers?

USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

How to get rid of old USB drivers?

1. How to get rid of old USB drivers? - Similar Threads - rid old USB

2. How to get rid of this

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of this: i'm using vietnamese telex keyboard and every time i want to use shortcut key in adobe this apear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this/6d382a54-716b-4d72-b048-a57c5a79b41c
  3. get rid of old outlook account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    get rid of old outlook account: Hi, I had an outlook account with a group of professionals I no longer work with. I created a new account for our new group. Every time I log in I first get prompted to open the account I no longer have a password for and don't want to use anymore. How do I get rid of...
  4. How to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hmmm3973441 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izbkfd/how_to_get_rid_of_this/
  5. How do I get rid of Driver Support?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I get rid of Driver Support?: I have Driver Suport on my computer, and wish to get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-driver-support/76da698b-456e-4218-bf2e-49e8f1e715d1
  6. how do i get rid of Driver Suport?

how do i get rid of Driver Suport?: I have Driver Suport on my computer, and wish to get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-driver-suport/76da698b-456e-4218-bf2e-49e8f1e715d1
  7. How do I get rid of the old PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the old PowerShell: I just install the new PS 6.24 and was able to remove the UWP app. I also unchecked Powershell 2.0 in the CP. How do I get rid of the old Power shell? 151016
  8. USB old drivers

USB old drivers: One would think all drivers would be updated with1903. But apparently my drivers for usb mass storage devices are all dated 6/31/2006 while the 3.0 hubs are dated 3/18 2019. 133309
  9. How to get rid of someone's old user account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to get rid of someone's old user account?: I have installed Windows 10 on a computer that was given to me by a friend. I have my microsoft user account with my name Claudia's PC. But when I look on my Administrator's folder which I renamed 'Claudia' on my desktop and compare it with when I put that same folder...
  10. how to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to get rid of this?: Hi guys: after i did a clean install of Win 10 TP, every time i boot too desktop i'm presented with this; see pic attach. 4481