Windows 10: HOW TO GET RID OF ONE DRIVE

Discus and support HOW TO GET RID OF ONE DRIVE in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; ITS GETTING ON MY NERVES, HOW CAN I GET RID OT IT ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hughhugg, Mar 6, 2020.

1. hughhugg Win User

HOW TO GET RID OF ONE DRIVE

ITS GETTING ON MY NERVES, HOW CAN I GET RID OT IT ?

:)

hughhugg, Mar 6, 2020
  2. little cat, Mar 6, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 6, 2020
  4. rhegde Win User

Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

1. HOW TO GET RID OF ONE DRIVE - Similar Threads - RID DRIVE

2. How do I get rid of bitlocker on a drive that I moved ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of bitlocker on a drive that I moved ?: I recently had to remove a ssd from one pc where I had problems , to another in order to diagnose if its a good drive . No big deal . I've done this countless times over decades .Problem is today I learned of another annoying and never wanted or asked for feature of this...
  3. How do I get rid of bitlocker on a drive that I moved ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of bitlocker on a drive that I moved ?: I recently had to remove a ssd from one pc where I had problems , to another in order to diagnose if its a good drive . No big deal . I've done this countless times over decades .Problem is today I learned of another annoying and never wanted or asked for feature of this...
  4. how do i get rid of my internal drive showing as a extractable usb?

how do i get rid of my internal drive showing as a extractable usb?: One day my hard drive started showing as a usb and ive tried almost everything to solve it, my sata settings all have hot-plug disabled, all drivers are updated, did the "TreatAsInternalPort" solution, and the CMD commands as well, but nothing gets rid of it.I do have a...
  5. how do i get rid of my internal drive showing as a extractable usb?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get rid of my internal drive showing as a extractable usb?: One day my hard drive started showing as a usb and ive tried almost everything to solve it, my sata settings all have hot-plug disabled, all drivers are updated, did the "TreatAsInternalPort" solution, and the CMD commands as well, but nothing gets rid of it.I do have a...
  6. How do I get rid of Bitlocker on my usb drive without Admin privileges?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Bitlocker on my usb drive without Admin privileges?: I have a USB drive and I wanted to test out what Bitlocker did Without Googling it, chose a password Forgot it for a day, and test it out. I find it annoying that I have to type "password" My literal password to open it. If someone could please help me I would be grateful....
  7. How do I get rid of Bitlocker on my usb drive without Admin privileges?

How do I get rid of Bitlocker on my usb drive without Admin privileges?: I have a USB drive and I wanted to test out what Bitlocker did Without Googling it, chose a password Forgot it for a day, and test it out. I find it annoying that I have to type "password" My literal password to open it. If someone could please help me I would be grateful....
  8. How do I get rid of Bitlocker on my usb drive without Admin privileges?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Unlinking my PC from one drive got rid of my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unlinking my PC from one drive got rid of my files: I was reassured my files would remain if I unlinked my PC from one drive, but now all things in all file locations have been replaced with "Shortcut to X OneDrive - Personal" and I cannot open that. How do I get my files back and permanently get rid of one drive. ***** moved...
  10. How do you get rid of Home, Gallery and One Drive from the folders, without CMD or Regedit?

How do you get rid of Home, Gallery and One Drive from the folders, without CMD or Regedit?: I have used pin to quick access for 10+ years to access the folders that i frequently visit as soon as file explorer opens. but now i must scroll through all of one drive to get down to quick access - i don't even use one drive.It is a work PC and admin don't allow registry...