Windows 10: How to get rid of previous settings

Discus and support How to get rid of previous settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, So I bought a used laptop and recently ran into some issues while installing a program. I did some research and it turns out that the laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by elpepe, Apr 27, 2020.

1. elpepe Win User

How to get rid of previous settings

Hello,
    So I bought a used laptop and recently ran into some issues while installing a program. I did some research and it turns out that the laptop seems to still have the previous setting stored. I get the following message when I try to access the "controlled Folder Access".

Any idea of how to make this accessible again?

How to get rid of previous settings [​IMG]

:)

elpepe, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Sajer Win User
    Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

*Think

As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber it with administrative authority, it won't budge. One fix suggests that you can use disk cleanup to get rid of it by selecting previous installation files. Heh. Yeah. Just TRY and find that option in Win 10.

Ok. Somebody hopefully has managed to resolve this inigma. Step by step, please. How to get rid of previous settings :)

Sajer, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

1. How to get rid of previous settings - Similar Threads - rid previous settings

2. How to get rid of this

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of this: i'm using vietnamese telex keyboard and every time i want to use shortcut key in adobe this apear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this/6d382a54-716b-4d72-b048-a57c5a79b41c
  3. how to get rid of 'this setting is managed by your administrator'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to get rid of 'this setting is managed by your administrator': So recently i found out that some of my settings are greyed out and has the error this setting is managed by our administrator or organization. its frustrating cuz i cannot access most of the settings. my firewall settings antivirus settings background settings and lost of...
  4. Anyone know how to get rid of Settings header

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone know how to get rid of Settings header: Just noticed this big tab in the settings home screen, does anyone know how to disable it, Windows 10 build 662, it's so in your face *Sad [img] 169702
  5. How to get rid of the set up Windows screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of the set up Windows screen?: I went to the notification screen and clicked on the box to shut it off. But I'm worried that I'll come back. Especially since it said that it will come back in three days. And when it says skip for three days, does that mean that I have set it up in three days, or do I have...
  6. How to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hmmm3973441 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izbkfd/how_to_get_rid_of_this/
  7. How do I fix this? Is there a setting to get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix this? Is there a setting to get rid of it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EmuMania [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gq011e/how_do_i_fix_this_is_there_a_setting_to_get_rid/
  8. how to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to get rid of this?: Hi guys: after i did a clean install of Win 10 TP, every time i boot too desktop i'm presented with this; see pic attach. 4481
  9. How to get rid of settings icon in onscreen keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of settings icon in onscreen keyboard: [img] Hello, Can anybody tell me hot to disable the settings icons in the onscreen keyboard. I use it in a museum with visitors, and they are not allowed to change settings obviously *Smile Thnx, Marcel 102082
  10. how to grt rid of previous windows install

in Windows 10 Support
    how to grt rid of previous windows install: I have a hp stream basically a tablet anyway did factory reset now memory is full window keeps popping up saying click here to remove previous windows but does not work only has 28 gb memory windows is taking up all of it cant even put 1 pic on pc cant run restore again it...