Windows 10: How to get rid of stupid WMP context menu entries?

Discus and support How to get rid of stupid WMP context menu entries? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I want to get rid of the "Add to Windows Media Player list" and "Play with Windows Media Player" context menu items. I was going to "uninstall" WMP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by meh, Sep 16, 2015.

1. MEH
    meh Win User

How to get rid of stupid WMP context menu entries?

I want to get rid of the "Add to Windows Media Player list" and "Play with Windows Media Player" context menu items. I was going to "uninstall" WMP (but of course, you really can't), but got scared off by the warning Microsoft puts up as soon as you so much as try deselecting it under "Programs and Features."

Please don't tell me to do "regsvr32 /u wmpshell.dll" as that does not work. I'm also unable to delete entries under HKCR\SystemFileAssociations, even when running Regedit under the System context. I could try changing perms in there but I'm really afraid of messing something up, and I don't want to deal with registry backup/restore.

:)

2. How to get rid of stupid login screen and extra account that doesn't show up in user accounts!!!!!!

no relevant response no dollar refund not even a response. What do you think?

petermacardle, Sep 16, 2015
  3. How to get rid of stupid login screen and extra account that doesn't show up in user accounts!!!!!!

I have disabled passwords for login, now I can't get rid of a second account that shows up on THE LOGIN SCREEN THAT I JUST DISABLED BUT STILL SHOWS UP!!!

2 accounts show up on that login screen, when I go to user accounts I am unable to delete any of them!!!

ruester(2), Sep 16, 2015
  4. AveYo Win User

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\audio\shell\Enqueue] [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\audio\shell\Play] [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\Directory.Audio\shell\Enqueue] [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\Directory.Audio\shell\Play] [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\Directory.Image\shell\Enqueue] [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\Directory.Image\shell\Play] [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\Directory.Video\shell\Enqueue] [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\Directory.Video\shell\Play] [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\video\shell\Enqueue] [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\video\shell\Play][/quote] If you can't access that, you're doing something wrong.
    Maybe it's time to soft-refresh your install by creating a new user account.

AveYo, Sep 16, 2015
  5. MEH
    meh Win User
    Yeah, that works. Not sure what I was doing wrong before, but I have a lot going and I must have tripped over myself soow...

Thank you.

6. PeterleB Win User
    You have also to delete these two registry keys:

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\audio\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]
    [-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\Directory.Audio\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]

PeterleB, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get rid of stupid WMP context menu entries? - Similar Threads - rid stupid WMP

2. How do I get rid of this stupid ONEDRIVE?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this stupid ONEDRIVE?: How do I get rid of this stupid ONEDRIVE? I try to follow instructions found on the web some also Microsoft but I don't have the Onedrive Icon in my tray so cannot access settings. This kind of thing should be illegal or AT LEAST easily removed. To me, Onedrive is Malware....
  3. How do I get rid of this stupid ONEDRIVE?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of this stupid ONEDRIVE?: How do I get rid of this stupid ONEDRIVE? I try to follow instructions found on the web some also Microsoft but I don't have the Onedrive Icon in my tray so cannot access settings. This kind of thing should be illegal or AT LEAST easily removed. To me, Onedrive is Malware....
  4. How to get rid of "share with skype" context menu in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of "share with skype" context menu in Windows 10?: Hi *Wink I'm looking for a good, definitive solution but every time I try any solution from the Internet, it only works until my Skype upgrade to the latest version. This context option is so annoying :/ I have a Windows 10 Pro 64bit, I don't remember the exact version...
  5. How to get rid of "share with skype" context menu in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of "share with skype" context menu in Windows 10?: Hi *Wink I'm looking for a good, definitive solution but every time I try any solution from the Internet, it only works until my Skype upgrade to the latest version. This context option is so annoying :/ I have a Windows 10 Pro 64bit, I don't remember the exact version...
  6. How to get rid of that annoying "Emoji" in the Windows 10 Explorer context menu?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get rid of that annoying "Emoji" in the Windows 10 Explorer context menu?: Screen shot of right click context menu [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-that-annoying-emoji-in-the/c47f6090-2910-484f-b174-fe033e62cc03
  7. Get rid of duplicate context menu items for printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Get rid of duplicate context menu items for printer: I have 2 printers (HP & Epson) that are wirelessly connected to my Win10 computer. I had a problem with my HP printer, called HP support, who eventually fixed the problem of it not scanning. However, when they finished, my shortcut to the Epson printer looked like this:...
  8. How to get rid of this context menu entry for OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of this context menu entry for OneDrive: I removed the Moden sharing context menu but I still this annoying Move to One Drive context menu. Is there a way to get rid of it? [ATTACH] 127157
  9. delete context menu entry

delete context menu entry: Hello every one,cannot delete specific entry [img] have uninstalled,cleaned registry entries with RevoUninstaller and CCleaner,manually looked for all entries in Registry Editor,used Shellex and Shellview,nothing seems to handle it.Any hints? 13024
  10. Creating a new entry in the context menu

Creating a new entry in the context menu: Hello from Germany. Is it possible to create a new entry in the context menu in "new"? I often need an empty paint-pic. For example: [img] Thank you. 39917