Windows 10: How to get rid of that pesky "Get Windows 10" from your taskbar.

Discus and support How to get rid of that pesky "Get Windows 10" from your taskbar. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is the easiest way to get rid of the icon. You can right-click on the date/time in Taskbar system tray and select "Customize notification icons"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Harrier, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Harrier Win User

How to get rid of that pesky "Get Windows 10" from your taskbar.

This is the easiest way to get rid of the icon. You can right-click on the date/time in Taskbar system tray and select "Customize notification icons" option. It'll open a new window. Now look for GWX (Get Windows 10) entry in the list and change its value to "Hide icon and notifications" using the drop-down box.

How to get rid of that pesky "Get Windows 10" from your taskbar. [​IMG]

Apply the changes and it'll hide the White Windows flag icon in Taskbar notification area.

:)

Harrier, Aug 22, 2015

2. modify taskbar in Windows 10

Upgraded to Windows 10. How do I get rid of that huge "ask me anything" that's taking up room in my taskbar?

kristinelise, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Taskbar in Windows 10 Pro

I had "mail" on my taskbar, but it wasn't working well for me, so I right clicked on the mail icon and chose "unpin from taskbar". The icon is no longer there but the space remains. When I right-click on the space I get "Mail, pin to taskbar, close all
    windows". How do I get rid of this space on my taskbar it is taking space I need.

TrumanStevens, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

1. How to get rid of that pesky "Get Windows 10" from your taskbar. - Similar Threads - rid pesky taskbar

2. How to get rid of people in your family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of people in your family: Hi!I’ve came up with a mistake, a big one. I put my child’s account in my family, with me as the parent, but I can’t get rid of my child now. She’s old enough at this point for her to be on her own. The only problem is I cant get her out, It pops up that I need access, but I...
  3. How to get rid of people in your family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to get rid of people in your family: Hi!I’ve came up with a mistake, a big one. I put my child’s account in my family, with me as the parent, but I can’t get rid of my child now. She’s old enough at this point for her to be on her own. The only problem is I cant get her out, It pops up that I need access, but I...
  4. How to get rid of people in your family

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to Get Rid of New Taskbar Crapware

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Get Rid of New Taskbar Crapware: I'm suddenly seeing new crapware on my taskbar amongst other placesand would like to know how to get rid of it.Why is Microsoft changing users PCs things without any user consent!Even the icon next to it, why is it always enabled? I don't want it, never asked for it. All the...
  6. How do i get rid of the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i get rid of the taskbar?: [ATTACH] Help submitted by /u/cool_and_edgy_name [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjg7z3/how_do_i_get_rid_of_the_taskbar/
  7. Get rid of Microsoft Edge shortcut from Taskbar

Get rid of Microsoft Edge shortcut from Taskbar: Dear Microsoft, I do not want a shortcut to Microsoft Edge on my taskbar. How can I remove it? Barbara. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/get-rid-of-microsoft-edge-shortcut-from-taskbar/2a5cd2fa-73d5-4eff-b234-2561dff21ab9
  8. How to get rid of unwanted taskbar items?

How to get rid of unwanted taskbar items?: I have found everything but what I am looking for! UNPIN UNWANTED ICONS FROM TASK BAR I just upgraded two systems to Win 10 this weekend but am having trouble finding out how to remove unwanted icons from the task bar. Desktop Downloads Pictures Documents Music...
  9. How to get rid of "ENG" in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of "ENG" in the taskbar: I have languages "English (United Kingdom)" and "English (United states)". I suspect this was so that spelling checkers would accept both "colour" and "color", for instance. But this setup inflicts me with "ENG" in the task bar. It was easy to get rid of this in Windows 7,...
  10. How to *completely* get rid of that pesky login screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to *completely* get rid of that pesky login screen?: I'm really enjoying Windows 10, but something is really bothering me about it. When I boot up my PC (I have "fast boot" on my BIOS if that matters), I want it to go directly to my desktop just like in older Windows. But no, it shows this screen: [img] This is not my...