Windows 10: How to get rid of the alphabetical order in folder

Discus and support How to get rid of the alphabetical order in folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It won't let me arrange my folders in a way that I want except when its alphabetically and I don't want that. For example music can be dragged in any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dazai53, Dec 9, 2020.

1. How to get rid of the alphabetical order in folder

It won't let me arrange my folders in a way that I want except when its alphabetically and I don't want that.

For example music can be dragged in any way you want and that's what I'm trying to achieve

submitted by /u/Dazai53
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dazai53, Dec 9, 2020
  2. janelear Win User

Alphabetical Order of Doc & Folders

Hi,

I am trying to get all my documents and folders, listed (sorted) into alphabetical order. I have tried but it will only allow for them to be sorted by the following groups at one time.

a-h

i -p

q-z

Whereas I would like all of the files to be alphabetical A - Z all the time and all together for ease of searching and finding certain things quickly

Thanks Jane

janelear, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Favorites List Of Internet Website Links And Folders Not Staying In Alphabetical Order

This is Ken. I have still not solved this problem. My Favorites list of internet website links and associated folders is still out of alphabetical order and I can not get my list back in proper alphabetical order. Am I the only person in the world with
    this problem ? Nobody seems to know anything about this. I did right click on a favorite url link or a folder in my list and then selected Sort By Name but this is not putting my entire list of favorite links and folders back in alphabetical order like it
    once was. Who can answer this question once and for all ?

Ken

Kenneth1100, Dec 9, 2020
  4. How to get rid of the alphabetical order in folder

Favourites Folders -alphabetical sorting within each Folder

Hi Neil,

Let me provide you now the steps on how to to sort your folders in alphabetical order.

This method will allow you to arrange your favorites by alphabetical or by their numbers.

Here are the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click on Favorites.
    • Right-click on Favorites Bar.
    • Right-click on the Favorites folder.
    • Click on Sort by, then select Name and
      Ascending

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

How to get rid of the alphabetical order in folder

1. How to get rid of the alphabetical order in folder - Similar Threads - rid alphabetical order

2. Change the alphabetical order for sorting folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the alphabetical order for sorting folders: Hi y'allIs it possible to change the alphabetical order a folder is sorted?Currently it sorts like:ABCD etc.What I need is a way to change the order like:DABC etc. If it isn't possible natively, could it be done by a custom desktop.ini file? Or would I need another file...
  3. Change the alphabetical order for sorting folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change the alphabetical order for sorting folders: Hi y'allIs it possible to change the alphabetical order a folder is sorted?Currently it sorts like:ABCD etc.What I need is a way to change the order like:DABC etc. If it isn't possible natively, could it be done by a custom desktop.ini file? Or would I need another file...
  4. list folders/files in alphabet order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    list folders/files in alphabet order: in windows when listing the files in alphabet order, the order is different from listing the folders with the same names. please see the screenshot attached. can you make them unanimous? i think the order for folders makes more sense....
  5. list folders/files in alphabet order

list folders/files in alphabet order: in windows when listing the files in alphabet order, the order is different from listing the folders with the same names. please see the screenshot attached. can you make them unanimous? i think the order for folders makes more sense....
  6. Desktop icons in alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons in alphabetical order: Continuation of: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-in-alphabetical-order/51ec5e2d-7dd2-499d-ac76-d7f1c29418a8This issue has dragged on for decades with the Windows desktop. I get having the "name space" icons in a separate top line group, but...
  7. Desktop icons in alphabetical order

Desktop icons in alphabetical order: Continuation of: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-in-alphabetical-order/51ec5e2d-7dd2-499d-ac76-d7f1c29418a8This issue has dragged on for decades with the Windows desktop. I get having the "name space" icons in a separate top line group, but...
  8. bulgarian alphabet wron order

in Windows 10 Customization
    bulgarian alphabet wron order: I'm using windows 10, Greek edition. I've installed also the Bulgarian alphabet but the keys don't correspond to the right letters. There are a lot of common letters between the latin and the bulgarian alphabet. Shouldn't they be at the same place as in English? Is there a...
  9. REVERSE alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    REVERSE alphabetical order: I have obviously hit some key by mistake and now all my files are listed in REVERSE alphabetical order. What key did I hit and how do I get back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverse-alphabetical-order/55287b16-0c81-4ad4-9f28-82ead3c88328"
  10. Start menu not in alphabetical order

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu not in alphabetical order: Hello, I normally organize and rename the shortcuts in the start menu (in the folder ...\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu) to shorter or more memorable names. However, my start menu is not in alphabetical order anymore. For example: I've renamed "Adobe Photoshop...