Windows 10: How to get rid of the app used to open a file

Discus and support How to get rid of the app used to open a file in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I play Sims 4 and accidentally made it where Notepad opens all of my mod files, I do not want that. I have tried CRTL - X and it doesn't work. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Taryn Carwright, Nov 21, 2023.

1. How to get rid of the app used to open a file

I play Sims 4 and accidentally made it where Notepad opens all of my mod files, I do not want that. I have tried CRTL - X and it doesn't work. I don't want my files to open with anything. All of my files now have the note pad icon instead of the original file icon.

:)

Taryn Carwright, Nov 21, 2023

2. What App to use to open a .mht file?

I downloaded the MHTViewer from the Windows Store but it won't open my Windows Steps Recorder files.

I would appreciate very much another suggestion that can view a .mht file that has pictures mixed with text.

EyeInTheSky, Nov 21, 2023
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

How to get rid of the app used to open a file 196782d1532328622t-how-get-rid-raw-file-support-windows-photo-viewer-reg-merge.png

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Nov 21, 2023
  4. How to get rid of the app used to open a file

App to open .c6e0ec and .e8d549184 files

Hi Hitkary,

It seems that there is no default app set to open these kind of files. Can you still recall the type of app or program that opens this kind of file?

For us to isolate this issue, we suggest assigning a default app or program to open it. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings and click System.
    • Click Default apps.
    • At the bottom, click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Scroll down and look for the .e8d549184 file.
    • Once found, click the + sign on the right and select the app you want to use.

Once you've successfully set the default app, try opening the file again and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 21, 2023
Thema:

How to get rid of the app used to open a file

1. How to get rid of the app used to open a file - Similar Threads - rid app used

2. How to get rid of the app used to open a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of the app used to open a file: I play Sims 4 and accidentally made it where Notepad opens all of my mod files, I do not want that. I have tried CRTL - X and it doesn't work. I don't want my files to open with anything. All of my files now have the note pad icon instead of the original file icon....
  3. How to get rid of temp files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get rid of temp files: I have an annoying issue with temp files being created any time I'm using the computer. I try to delete them, but the next time I look in folder, there are more temp files. Can you please tell me how to stop these temp from being created in the first place?...
  4. How to get rid of temp files

How to get rid of temp files: I have an annoying issue with temp files being created any time I'm using the computer. I try to delete them, but the next time I look in folder, there are more temp files. Can you please tell me how to stop these temp from being created in the first place?...
  5. How do I get rid of the default app to open .jar files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get rid of the default app to open .jar files?: I accidently made Gimp the default app and I do not wish to have an app from the Microsoft Store to open .jar files with. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-default-app-to-open-jar/049319af-187f-484b-9d1b-293f7dfe0262
  6. How do I get rid of the default app to open .jar files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the default app to open .jar files?: I accidently made Gimp the default app and I do not wish to have an app from the Microsoft Store to open .jar files with. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-default-app-to-open-jar/049319af-187f-484b-9d1b-293f7dfe0262
  7. How do I get rid of the default app to open .jar files?

8. black screen when i open APPS? How to get rid?

black screen when i open APPS? How to get rid?: How to clear black background after opening APPS/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-when-i-open-apps-how-to-get-rid/e4bd2ed2-c088-4177-bc7c-e6f853a1efaa
  9. how to get rid of this on file exloper

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get rid of this on file exloper: [ATTACH] how to get rid of this on file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-on-file-exloper/606fbe76-6c3b-4088-8f4d-cbaf7effc274
  10. How to get rid of white background while resizing app or opening it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of white background while resizing app or opening it?: Hey, I use dark theme. Once I open file explorer white background hits my eyes. Same thing happens while I maximize app like OneNote? Is there a way to get rid of this white background, or replace it some dark one? submitted by /u/matyyyy [link] [comments]...