Windows 10: How to get rid of the line under open programs on taskbar

Discus and support How to get rid of the line under open programs on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This thin blue line appeared again under websites I have open in my taskbar. It had gone away but back after the Anniversary Update. I find it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mmr23, Aug 10, 2016.

1. mmr23 Win User

How to get rid of the line under open programs on taskbar

This thin blue line appeared again under websites I have open in my taskbar. It had gone away but back after the Anniversary Update. I find it distracting and want it gone. I use was IE 11 as my default but now see Edge as default program if that helps

:)

mmr23, Aug 10, 2016

2. Line in taskbar under open programs

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response. We understand your concern.

I would like to inform you that the lines that you see under the apps in the Task bar is very normal. The lines appears only when the apps are opened either on the desktop or the background as an indication that the apps are still running.

Hope this information helps.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 10, 2016
  3. SFMA Win User
    Line in taskbar under open programs

When I first upgraded to Windows 10, the colored line under open programs appeared in the task bar. Some time ago, however, those lines disappeared. I have several programs pinned to my task bar, so now I have to click on each program to see if it
    is open or not, as the line does not appear.

Those lines, however, do appear when I re-size the taskbar by enlarging it.
    How to get rid of the line under open programs on taskbar [​IMG]
    I checked my screen resolution
    and it is the correct, recommended one.

4. dalchina New Member

The line is there by design to indicate there is one or more windows open.

(You shouldn't find default programs changing randomly if that's what seems to have happened- separate issue)

dalchina, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Bongo Win User
    Bongo, Aug 10, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    If wanting to get rid of that blue line you obviously want to get rid of the vertical 'shadow' on the right side of the icon when 2 or more open programs on the Taskbar. Personally I like seeing the "prompt" that programs are open, also like Mac OS X that puts a white dot under icons on the Dock [taskbar] to indicate open programs.

Berton, Aug 10, 2016
  7. Bongo Win User
    Bongo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get rid of the line under open programs on taskbar - Similar Threads - rid line under

2. How To Get Rid Of Windows 11 Taskbar Surface Line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Get Rid Of Windows 11 Taskbar Surface Line: Hi, I Am Miguel And I Am Here To Help You.If You're Annoyed Of The Windows 11 22H2 Taskbar Surface Line, You Came To The Right PlaceBefore:After:Let Me Show You How To Do It.NOTE: This software doesn't break your device and i am not responsible if it breaksStep 1: Download...
  3. How To Get Rid Of Windows 11 Taskbar Surface Line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Get Rid Of Windows 11 Taskbar Surface Line: Hi, I Am Miguel And I Am Here To Help You.If You're Annoyed Of The Windows 11 22H2 Taskbar Surface Line, You Came To The Right PlaceBefore:After:Let Me Show You How To Do It.NOTE: This software doesn't break your device and i am not responsible if it breaksStep 1: Download...
  4. White lines under installed programs, wont open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    White lines under installed programs, wont open.: As the title suggests, I am having a problem where pre installed apps have white lines when I click on them and they wont open, as shown here https://imgur.com/a/04vgeeI...
  5. White lines under installed programs, wont open.

White lines under installed programs, wont open.: As the title suggests, I am having a problem where pre installed apps have white lines when I click on them and they wont open, as shown here https://imgur.com/a/04vgeeI...
  6. How to get rid of this white line?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of this white line?: [IMG] submitted by /u/kreetikal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g5iu1a/how_to_get_rid_of_this_white_line/
  7. Blue Line under currently open applications in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Blue Line under currently open applications in Taskbar: Hi all, As per the above Title: the Blue Line under currently open applications in my taskbar disappears after a period of time, maybe a few minutes? It's frustrating as I appreciate what I can view as currently open. The only way I can resolve the issue (albeit temporary)...
  8. Change the color of the line under open programs in the taskbar

Change the color of the line under open programs in the taskbar: Hello, I am looking for a way to change the color of the line under programs that are open in the taskbar to a dynamic color that fits the icon of the open program, similar to how taskbar entries were colored in Windows 7. Is there a way to do this? I want to change the...
  9. How to get rid of the line under the taskbar icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of the line under the taskbar icons ?: When I open a program that I have pinned to the task bar, this line appears under the program icon. Is there any way to remove this feature? [img] 9816
  10. How to get rid of the "lines" under every task bar button?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of the "lines" under every task bar button?: I am talking about these lines: [img] I don't like them because they shrink the icon size and when I move the cursor to the bottom of the screen where the red arrow is and click it doesn't register, which can be annoying. 9630