Windows 10: How to get rid of the printer offline error

Discus and support How to get rid of the printer offline error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I am getting this error saying the printer is offline every 20 seconds. I am aware the printer is online and it has been unplugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TauDudeBlobber, May 19, 2020.

1. How to get rid of the printer offline error

Hello! I am getting this error saying the printer is offline every 20 seconds. I am aware the printer is online and it has been unplugged intentionally. How do i get rid of the error every 20 seconds?

:)

TauDudeBlobber, May 19, 2020

2. Facing canon printer offline error again and again.

I am facing printer offline problem with my canon wireless printer and i need a permanent solution to it . Suggest me something .Thanks in advance.

jamesrichard123, May 19, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Printer offline

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below question:

• Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

Printer will continually switch itself to offline mode due to an IP port issue. To keep the printer from switching to offline mode, you must validate the printer's IP address.

Meanwhile, please follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Steps:

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and sound> click on Devices and printers.
    4. Select the HP Printer 2540, right click on it.
    5. Uncheck the option use printer offline and select
      properties.
    6. Go to the Ports tab at the top of the pop-up window.
    7. Click on "Configure Port"
    8. Check that the "Printer Name or IP address:" box is the same as the IP of your printer.

You can also refer this link for more information
    about Printer issues.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, May 19, 2020
  4. How to get rid of the printer offline error

why does my printer continue to be offline

Hi,

Thank you for posting in our Microsoft Community.

There are multiple known causes of this issue, such as third party anti-virus software, corrupted system files, outdated driver and also intermittent connections if your printer is connected wireless.

To further isolate this issue, we would like to gather more information why your printer keeps on getting offline for us to provide the best possible resolution.

• What is the current build and version of Windows installed on your computer?
    • Are there any recent software or hardware changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error message? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Where do you see the message that your printer is offline?
    • Are there any third part anti-virus application installed on your computer?
    • How is your printer connected? (Wireless/USB)

In the meantime, we suggest you run Windows Printer troubleshooter and check if that will fix the problem. Refer to the link below for suggested steps on how to fix printer problems in Windows.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

JericDale Ort, May 19, 2020
Thema:

How to get rid of the printer offline error

1. How to get rid of the printer offline error - Similar Threads - rid printer offline

2. how to get rid of null printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get rid of null printer: in windows update advanced option i have hp other hardware printer null printer have installed and keeps coming back how to get rid of it. greg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-null-printer/3f225fcb-142e-461c-b818-6bc89bad5c6c
  3. how to get rid of null printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get rid of null printer: in windows update advanced option i have hp other hardware printer null printer have installed and keeps coming back how to get rid of it. greg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-null-printer/3f225fcb-142e-461c-b818-6bc89bad5c6c
  4. how to get rid of error message?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to get rid of error message?: How do I get rid of this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-error-message/fe731344-8c89-4609-abef-237334a2c556
  5. Offline printer error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Offline printer error: Hi I've a problem with my hp deskjet 3700, when I connect printer to my pc he show printer it's offline and I can't print. I try to download Microsoft app but it's can't see printer, I try to remove and re add my printer but my pc not found printer I'm desperate help me...
  6. Printer offline error....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer offline error....: My printer that's been connected through wifi for over a year is now bringing up the error message "printer is offline" everytime I try to print something. I go to Printers and Scanners in Settings and it shows that this printer is offline, so how do I get it back online?...
  7. Printer in error state/offline

Printer in error state/offline: I have an HP Officejet Pro 8610 printer and for the last week it will not print. It is either offline or in an error state. I have reinstalled it, turn it office, restarted my laptop and I am so frustrated. What else can I do. I am not tech savvy....
  8. Printer Offline - how get a wireless hp printer online

Printer Offline - how get a wireless hp printer online: I don't seem to be able to get a wireless hp printer on line. I can print to it from my phone or hardwire but not wireless from my laptop. Strange. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-off-line/ff69c0f4-101e-4300-8848-44458a39ab30
  9. printer offline, how to remedy?

printer offline, how to remedy?: Occasionally I find my printer offline, and not sure why. Plus what is easy way to put back "online"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline-how-to-remedy/a0d69df6-6294-4fba-8701-e3991c58f149
  10. Error messages - printer offline

Error messages - printer offline: My printer went offline around 9/12 or 13th. I've tried all the troubleshooters on Windows 10 and everything on the HP website. I have the current software and driver for the printer. I've done everything the HP tech communicated to do. Error messages I've received: Last...