Windows 10: How to get rid of the set up Windows screen?

Discus and support How to get rid of the set up Windows screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I went to the notification screen and clicked on the box to shut it off. But I'm worried that I'll come back. Especially since it said that it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rockfan13, Dec 1, 2020.

1. rockfan13 Win User

How to get rid of the set up Windows screen?

I went to the notification screen and clicked on the box to shut it off. But I'm worried that I'll come back. Especially since it said that it will come back in three days. And when it says skip for three days, does that mean that I have set it up in three days, or do I have have the choice to skip for another three days?

Plus I heard about people's computers getting destroyed after setting up everything from the screen.

:)

rockfan13, Dec 1, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Ender Win User

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

1. How to get rid of the set up Windows screen? - Similar Threads - rid set screen

2. How to get rid on black screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid on black screen?: I have Windows 10. I come to turn on this afternoon after leaving to charge, the power buttons come on and it powers up but the screen is blank. I've tried everything people have suggested online but nothing is working....
  3. How to get rid on black screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid on black screen?: I have Windows 10. I come to turn on this afternoon after leaving to charge, the power buttons come on and it powers up but the screen is blank. I've tried everything people have suggested online but nothing is working....
  4. Get rid of EDGE on Start up screen ?

in Browsers and Email
    Get rid of EDGE on Start up screen ?: My PC just up dated. After a shutdown and restart, I found I now have the new EDGE advertisement on my start up screen and I can't get rid of it. It won't allow me to move the screen to my extended monitor either. It only gives me a "GET STARTED" option which I'm not interest...
  5. how to get rid of this on the sign in screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get rid of this on the sign in screen?: so i have removed my pin but there are still two options on the screen i want to get rid of the pin option but i dont know how![IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-on-the-sign-in-screen/33c399cc-da2f-4f5b-bbeb-d0cd8b7da892
  6. How to get rid of previous settings

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of previous settings: Hello, So I bought a used laptop and recently ran into some issues while installing a program. I did some research and it turns out that the laptop seems to still have the previous setting stored. I get the following message when I try to access the "controlled Folder...
  7. How to get rid of the home page I set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of the home page I set up: well DUH! I set Gopher as the home page. I eventually get tired of it but I could not get rid of it. No matter how many home pages I tried, I was stuck with gopher.com. I got rid of it be erasing the task bar icon and starting from the menu. Voila! I made a new task...
  8. How to get rid of "Set up your phone" in Outlook.com

in Browsers and Email
    How to get rid of "Set up your phone" in Outlook.com: One small annoyance I have with Outlook.com is the notification which appears at the bottom of browser whenever I check mail: [img] My phone is set up. Clicking Close closes the notification for now but next time I open Outlook.com page it's again there. If I click Set it...
  9. How to get rid of pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get rid of pop ups: Why do I keep getting the pop up, Saying call a certain number from Microsoft, and I know its not.. How do I get rid of these popups. 63170
  10. How to get rid of pop ups

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of pop ups: I keep getting popups from suppose to be from Microsoft. We all that isn't really Microsoft. They say call the certain number and, they want money to fix the problems. How do I get rid of these popups? 63171