Windows 10: How to get rid of the volume bar at will?

Discus and support How to get rid of the volume bar at will? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I sometimes accidentally turn the volume up with my extra keys while gaming and it takes forever to fade away. Its normally slightly annoying but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ache8894, Nov 16, 2020.

1. How to get rid of the volume bar at will?

I sometimes accidentally turn the volume up with my extra keys while gaming and it takes forever to fade away. Its normally slightly annoying but I steer the mouse on the UI to close it, but there isnt a close button, so the bar stays even longer to go away (because the mouse is there). I also listen to something else while gaming so its not just the volume bar, but the whole multimedia bar.

I know its not a crucial problem, but if anyone knows how to turn it off quickly when it appears I would be grateful to them if they help me. I did some reseach and found a way to turn off multimedia bar from chrome, so any further advice is welcome.

submitted by /u/ache8894
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ache8894, Nov 16, 2020

2. Volume bar banner

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how annoying it can be when you get the Volume bar banner, while playing music/video on Google Chrome.
    To have a clarity on this issue, we need some information.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Do you receive the same popup when you play music/videos on Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Do you have any extensions enabled in Google Chrome for playing music?
    • Which version of Google Chrome are you using?

However, we suggest you to try this steps and check if you are able to get rid of the banner.

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to open
      Settings.
    2. Then click on Systems. Then select
      Notifications & actions from the left pane.
    3. Then under Get notifications from these senders, toggle the switch for
      Audio to disable the Banner and Sound notifications.
    4. Close all the browser and reopen Google Chrome, to play some
      music/videos.
    5. Check if you get the Volume bar banner back.

As an additional information, please refer the
    Change notification settings in Windows 10
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 16, 2020
  3. Redundant Volume Bar - Unable to find source and get rid of!

How to get rid of the volume bar at will? [​IMG]

For the last week or so, I've had this volume bar showing up in the lower center of my monitor. It is sometimes there, sometimes not, and seems quite random. I am unable to move it, hide it or find the source. I was not able to get a picture of it via the computer, having to utilize my phone to capture the image. The volume on the bar never changes, no matter how or where I adjust volume on the PC.

It has become quite a nuisance as it blocks my view of anything in that area when it is present. *Mad

Any help getting rid of it is extremely appreciated. Thank you.

1FarmerMom, Nov 16, 2020
  4. How to get rid of the volume bar at will?

Windows 10 Volume bar missing

Hi,

Your concern regarding the missing volume bar when pressing the volume keys can be caused by a sudden change on your device configuration or corrupted/missing driver. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type
      winver in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve your concern?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps provided on this support article on how to troubleshoot sound/audio
    problems in Windows. The article include steps on how to reinstall the audio driver to rule any adapter issues.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

How to get rid of the volume bar at will?

1. How to get rid of the volume bar at will? - Similar Threads - rid volume bar

2. How to get rid of left vertical bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of left vertical bar?: Hello,Could you please explain to me how to get rid of this vertical bar, that camefrom nowhere, I must accidentally mouse about and clicked on somethingto get this one. This is a nonsense that I do not need.There is no way to get rid of it, no option!!!!!!Please help me with...
  3. How to get rid of left vertical bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of left vertical bar?: Hello,Could you please explain to me how to get rid of this vertical bar, that camefrom nowhere, I must accidentally mouse about and clicked on somethingto get this one. This is a nonsense that I do not need.There is no way to get rid of it, no option!!!!!!Please help me with...
  4. How can I get rid of the Organize bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get rid of the Organize bar?: Uhh ... this happened when I misclicked the Contacts folder in user folder and it appeared the Organize-Include ... bar I don't know what it is called. Is there any way to get rid of this?...
  5. How to get rid of edge bar on startup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of edge bar on startup.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheDamnburger [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wsddss/how_to_get_rid_of_edge_bar_on_startup/
  6. How can I get rid of the volume banner?

How can I get rid of the volume banner?: [ATTACH] This started happening a few updates ago. Whenever I change my volume, the volume bar comes up as usual, obviously, but now there's also a banner next to it; in the picture below. It comes up for whatever video is currently playing or whatever video was played...
  7. How to get rid of the big volume changing box

How to get rid of the big volume changing box: Whenever I adjust the volume a big box appears telling me what I am watching/listening to. It is really annoying and intrusive. How do I switch this off? I know what I'm listening to. I just want to see the volume submitted by /u/MaroonCrow [link] [comments]...
  8. Is there no way to get rid of this volume ODS?

Is there no way to get rid of this volume ODS?: Any time I change volume I can notice gynsc stops working.. it's jarring to say the least. Is there a way to turn it off? submitted by /u/Klubhead [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gbkt21/is_there_no_way_to_get_rid_of_this_volume_ods/
  9. how to get rid of favorites bar on top

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get rid of favorites bar on top: I cannot get rid of the favorites bar on top. I have turned it off, restarted, and its still there. Moved from: Surface Pro 3 / Display and screen...
  10. Redundant Volume Bar - Unable to find source and get rid of!

in Windows 10 Support
    Redundant Volume Bar - Unable to find source and get rid of!: [img] For the last week or so, I've had this volume bar showing up in the lower center of my monitor. It is sometimes there, sometimes not, and seems quite random. I am unable to move it, hide it or find the source. I was not able to get a picture of it via the computer,...