Windows 10: How to get rid of this annoying tray icon?

Discus and support How to get rid of this annoying tray icon? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The label on the icon is: "Security mode is off." I disabled Defender startup icons but this one still persists. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sammendes7, Apr 13, 2021.

1. How to get rid of this annoying tray icon?

/u/sammendes7, Apr 13, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Anyway to get rid of annoying nVidia System Tray icon?

So with the last few nVidia drivers they've added a very annoying System Tray icon that is there when the computer starts. I don't know why, but it bugs the crap out of me.

Now I can stop the "NVIDIA Display Driver Service" service and the icon goes away. Oddly, I can start the service right back up again and the icon doesn't come back.

Now for the mean time I just wrote a bat file that runs at startup to restart the service, which gets rid of the icon, but there has to be a better way. Perhaps some option burried somewhere in the nVidia control panel or something.*Bang Head :banghead:

newtekie1, Apr 13, 2021
  3. jsfitz54 Win User

How about open the icon, find "Desktop" tab, at top left, and uncheck "show notification tray icon"

How to get rid of this annoying tray icon? Capture701.jpg

jsfitz54, Apr 13, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

How to get rid of this annoying tray icon?

Yeah, it is already unchecked, that is why I started the thread. Sorry, meant to mention that in the first post.*Eek! How to get rid of this annoying tray icon? :eek:

Edit: Just driver sweepered, re-installed drivers, and rebooted. The icon still popped up. I went into the control panel and it was still unchecked despite the icon being there. I check the option, unchecked it and the icon went away. I rebooted and no more icon. Odd, but I'm happy.

newtekie1, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

How to get rid of this annoying tray icon?

1. How to get rid of this annoying tray icon? - Similar Threads - rid annoying tray

2. How to get rid of this annoying Virtual Desktop animation ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of this annoying Virtual Desktop animation ?: I have two Virtual Desktops, and both have different wallpapers. When I switch between them, there is this slow annoying animation. I have added a video here.Please fix this. Or how can I remove/disable the slow animation ?...
  3. How to get rid of this annoying Virtual Desktop animation ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of this annoying Virtual Desktop animation ?: I have two Virtual Desktops, and both have different wallpapers. When I switch between them, there is this slow annoying animation. I have added a video here.Please fix this. Or how can I remove/disable the slow animation ?...
  4. To get rid of annoying Instagram ads.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To get rid of annoying Instagram ads.: Hi, when I am using Instagram, ads are always appeared. It's kind a annoying. Specially some brands are shown up often, even though I'm not interested. I tried to hide those ads by clicking on the three dot menu at the top right corner of the post and selecting Hide Ad...
  5. To get rid of annoying Instagram ads.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To get rid of annoying Instagram ads.: Hi, when I am using Instagram, ads are always appeared. It's kind a annoying. Specially some brands are shown up often, even though I'm not interested. I tried to hide those ads by clicking on the three dot menu at the top right corner of the post and selecting Hide Ad...
  6. How to get rid of this thing very annoying...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to get rid of this thing very annoying...: [ATTACH]Please help!! I do not want this icon <<<< here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-thing-very-annoying/f724e6fb-f676-4d81-b971-db237d193017
  7. How to get rid of annoying Lenovo audio smart

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of annoying Lenovo audio smart: [IMG]would like to know if there's any way to disable or permanently remove the Lenovo audio smart thing because every time I try to work or do something on my laptop and I go to a tab it always pops up and it's just very annoying and tedious overall I don't think this is...
  8. how to get rid of windows update icon in the tray

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to get rid of windows update icon in the tray: Greetings OS: windows 10 pro winver: 1809 Suddenly windows update icon appeared in the tray. I don't want the next update. How do I kick the icon from the tray? which process or service I have to kill so that when I restart or shut down windows it won't try to install update?...
  9. how do I get rid of these annoying windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do I get rid of these annoying windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Quionn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efo4e6/how_do_i_get_rid_of_these_annoying_windows/
  10. How can I get rid of annoying Windows 10 Help icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get rid of annoying Windows 10 Help icon?: Hi all, to me, that blue icon in the right corner of File explorer is one of most annoying things in Windows 10. I cant stand it. I click it by error way too often, it bothers me to see the Windows Help page open up, not only once, but twice. Once when I click the icon (the...