Windows 10: How to get rid of 'Top apps' display, Win10 Ver 1903

Discus and support How to get rid of 'Top apps' display, Win10 Ver 1903 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When Cortana is dismissed, she's replaced with a useful Search function that heretofore was simple and unobtrusive. With the upgrade(?) to Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Electrojim, Aug 23, 2019.

1. How to get rid of 'Top apps' display, Win10 Ver 1903

When Cortana is dismissed, she's replaced with a useful Search function that heretofore was simple and unobtrusive. With the upgrade(?) to Version 1903, the Search box is now much wider and has a lineup of 'Top apps' icons across the top. I assume the system keeps track of app usage and displays the ones used most in that lineup, although some of those shown on my machine haven't been used in months. Is there a way to get rid of that icon display and, hopefully, reduce the size of the Search box back to something less in-your-face'?

:)

Electrojim, Aug 23, 2019

2. How to get rid of "Top apps" in Search window?

I just installed my first Win 10 1903 on one of my PCs a couple days ago. And I just now tried the new Search. I have a bunch tiles labeled "Top apps" across the top of the screen. These certainly aren't my top applications, but even if they were, I wouldn't want this in a Search window. How do I get rid of the tiles. (I'll probably delete the applications altogether soon, but I don't want Windows to decide it needs to list something else there.)

pokeefe0001, Aug 23, 2019
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 23, 2019
  4. How to get rid of 'Top apps' display, Win10 Ver 1903

Windows 10 Ver.1903

Hello,

I recommend you to upgrade to V1903 via ISO file.

Refer this step-by-step guide:

[GUIDE] How To Upgrade To Windows 10 Using ISO File

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

How to get rid of 'Top apps' display, Win10 Ver 1903

1. How to get rid of 'Top apps' display, Win10 Ver 1903 - Similar Threads - rid 'Top apps'

2. How do I get rid of the new Photos app for Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the new Photos app for Win10?: This horror appeared out of nowhere without warning and took over the old "Legacy" app I was perfectly happy with for it's simplicity and efficiency. I uninstalled it in my shell with apex whatever, which unfortunately also deleted the old app. I reinstalled the Legacy Photos...
  3. How do I get rid of the new Photos app for Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the new Photos app for Win10?: This horror appeared out of nowhere without warning and took over the old "Legacy" app I was perfectly happy with for it's simplicity and efficiency. I uninstalled it in my shell with apex whatever, which unfortunately also deleted the old app. I reinstalled the Legacy Photos...
  4. Win10 Ver 1903, 1909 Problems with Acrobat?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 Ver 1903, 1909 Problems with Acrobat?: My computer auto-updated into W10 Ver 1903 and suddenly everything involving printing to anything other than my physical printer stopped working. I first noticed this in Quickbooks which relies on the MS XPS printing (apparently) to generate pdf output A solid 6 hours with...
  5. "Photos" app for windows 10 ver. 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Photos" app for windows 10 ver. 1903: How can I change the app default from 'crop & rotate' to 'Filters' and the 'save copy' to 'save". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-for-windows-10-ver-1903/2400b999-0bf1-44d1-baeb-ba7a77b2ff52
  6. How to get rid of "Top apps" in Search window?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of "Top apps" in Search window?: I just installed my first Win 10 1903 on one of my PCs a couple days ago. And I just now tried the new Search. I have a bunch tiles labeled "Top apps" across the top of the screen. These certainly aren't my top applications, but even if they were, I wouldn't want this in a...
  7. ver 1903

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    ver 1903: just installed new asus monitor, device manager only showing generic pnp, i have done this before but have no idea why it is not recognized 135083
  8. ver 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    ver 1903: just installed new asus monitor, device manager only showing generic pnp, i have done this before but have no idea why it is not recognized 135083
  9. How do I get rid of the top bar?

How do I get rid of the top bar?: I figured this would be hard to explain, so I made a screenshot:[ATTACH] I don't know how this got there- I messed around with the settings and tried everything, but I couldn't seem to fix this. If anyone knows how to fix this, please reply....
  10. how to get rid of favorites bar on top

how to get rid of favorites bar on top: I cannot get rid of the favorites bar on top. I have turned it off, restarted, and its still there. Moved from: Surface Pro 3 / Display and screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. in search window shows top apps how to remove in win10 1903.

2. how nto get rid of top apps from search

3. windows10 1903 top apps

4. microsoft edge get rid of top apps,
  5. how to get rid of top apps wind ow,
  6. top apps at 1903,
  7. how to delete top apps from search bar,
  8. how to remove top apps in search windows 10,
  9. stop searching web by default windows 10 1903