Windows 10: How to get rid of white background while resizing app or opening it?

Discus and support How to get rid of white background while resizing app or opening it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I use dark theme. Once I open file explorer white background hits my eyes. Same thing happens while I maximize app like OneNote? Is there a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/matyyyy, Feb 1, 2020.

1. How to get rid of white background while resizing app or opening it?

Hey,

I use dark theme. Once I open file explorer white background hits my eyes. Same thing happens while I maximize app like OneNote? Is there a way to get rid of this white background, or replace it some dark one?

submitted by /u/matyyyy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/matyyyy, Feb 1, 2020
  2. nt62 Win User

Like 10 but that white background!

Well, I don't use a tablet.
    My PC is listed in specs.
    The OP was expressing a dislike of a white explorer background.
    Someone else posted it was necessary to edit the registry to make changes.
    Still others suggested it is a good idea to use a shell replacement ?
    And another thought recompiling the explorer.exe binary using an editor makes sense ?
    What ?

Using high contrast, it is easy
    and a simple few clicks to make all kinds of changes.

It is also easy and simple to switch from default non colorized theme
    to high contrast mode. (one click)

Here's another view.

How to get rid of white background while resizing app or opening it? [​IMG]

What's this?

nt62, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How to get rid of white background while resizing app or opening it? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 1, 2020
  4. How to get rid of white background while resizing app or opening it?

Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

How to get rid of white background while resizing app or opening it?

1. How to get rid of white background while resizing app or opening it? - Similar Threads - rid white background

2. How can I get rid of this white box with blurred background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of this white box with blurred background?: After logging in I am met with this screen. All other monitors are black and I am unable to open anything above this screen. I have already attempted to end the task with task manager but I am unable to access task manager due to it being under this overlay.Please ignore the...
  3. How can I get rid of this white box with blurred background?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get rid of this white box with blurred background?: After logging in I am met with this screen. All other monitors are black and I am unable to open anything above this screen. I have already attempted to end the task with task manager but I am unable to access task manager due to it being under this overlay.Please ignore the...
  4. How to get rid of the app used to open a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of the app used to open a file: I play Sims 4 and accidentally made it where Notepad opens all of my mod files, I do not want that. I have tried CRTL - X and it doesn't work. I don't want my files to open with anything. All of my files now have the note pad icon instead of the original file icon....
  5. How to get rid of the app used to open a file

How to get rid of the app used to open a file: I play Sims 4 and accidentally made it where Notepad opens all of my mod files, I do not want that. I have tried CRTL - X and it doesn't work. I don't want my files to open with anything. All of my files now have the note pad icon instead of the original file icon....
  6. How do I get rid of the white background under text when I change background color in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the white background under text when I change background color in...: How do I get rid of the white background under text when I change background color in immersive reader? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-white-background-under/6627a0e7-4d49-4f55-87bd-b56e3f06c3b7
  7. How do I get rid of the white background under text when I change background color in...

How do I get rid of the white background under text when I change background color in...: How do I get rid of the white background under text when I change background color in immersive reader? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-white-background-under/6627a0e7-4d49-4f55-87bd-b56e3f06c3b7
  8. How do i get rid of this white bar while playing my game?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i get rid of this white bar while playing my game?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/memerskemer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijthl6/how_do_i_get_rid_of_this_white_bar_while_playing/
  9. How to get rid of this white line?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of this white line?: [IMG] submitted by /u/kreetikal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g5iu1a/how_to_get_rid_of_this_white_line/
  10. How to get rid off the white background form the on screen keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid off the white background form the on screen keyboard: Hi, I'm using Win 10 in tablet mode. When I open the on screen keyboard it has a weird white background. This happens in pinned and unpinned mode. It results in making half the webpage white. Is there a way to make this transparent? Thanks!...