Windows 10: How to get rid of white bar under address and search bars in File Explorer?

Discus and support How to get rid of white bar under address and search bars in File Explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Axius45 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3i00i/how_to_get_rid_of_white_bar_under_address_and/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Axius45, Apr 18, 2020.

1. How to get rid of white bar under address and search bars in File Explorer?

/u/Axius45, Apr 18, 2020

2. File Explorer address bar turned black

Hi there, to elaborate on the thread title: after updating to build 1709/Fall Creators update, File Explorer's address bar has spontaneously turned black and for the life of me, I can't revert it to white like it was before.

My Google-fu is coming up empty here, as variations of the search string "windows 10 file explorer address bar black" haven't really dredged up anything useful.
    Any ideas short of doing a complete OS reinstall?
    Attached is a screenshot of File Explorer as it currently is.

DeltaPavonis, Apr 18, 2020
  3. delete address bar history

Hi,

Due to the limited information shared on your post regarding the drop-down list in Internet Explorer address bar, we would like to ask for additional information to help us identify the steps to solve your concern. Please answer the following:

• What is the current build and version of the Windows 10 device that you are using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you referring to the automatic search when typing in the address bar?

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Apr 18, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

How to get rid of white bar under address and search bars in File Explorer?

Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10

Hi, looking at group policy (you may only have Home) this might be possible - however the wording is a little ambiguous given Cortana search and file explorer search. And whether it affects the address bar is another matter.

So just a first thought...

If you have Home you would need the registry equivalent.

If there is a tutorial on tenforums that addresses this, that would be quoted.

How to get rid of white bar under address and search bars in File Explorer? [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

How to get rid of white bar under address and search bars in File Explorer?

1. How to get rid of white bar under address and search bars in File Explorer? - Similar Threads - rid white bar

2. Search files progression bar on address bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search files progression bar on address bar: on windows 7 / windows 10 when you done a search in file explorer as it searched a green bar moved across the address bar - i liked this . In windows 11 all you get is the spinning circle on the top left . does anyone know how I can changed it back to the bar going across the...
  3. Search files progression bar on address bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search files progression bar on address bar: on windows 7 / windows 10 when you done a search in file explorer as it searched a green bar moved across the address bar - i liked this . In windows 11 all you get is the spinning circle on the top left . does anyone know how I can changed it back to the bar going across the...
  4. White Search Bar and properties tab in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Search Bar and properties tab in file explorer: I am getting this error after installing a new theme I have tried to revert to the original theme and switching between light and dark mode, this error only shows in dark mode...
  5. White Search Bar and properties tab in file explorer

White Search Bar and properties tab in file explorer: I am getting this error after installing a new theme I have tried to revert to the original theme and switching between light and dark mode, this error only shows in dark mode...
  6. White Search Bar and properties tab in file explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Search bar gets partially white

in Cortana
    Search bar gets partially white: Hi team!I have the lenovo ideapad gaming 3 ryzen 7 4800h, 512 gb ssd, nvidia gtx 1650 4gb, windows 10 laptop.The search bar turns partially white after every few minutes, somehow. When i hover my mouse over it or click on it, it turns back to its original black form.Below are...
  8. Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer address bar + search bar height?: [ATTACH] This came in a recent Windows 10 update for me. I've tried Googling the answer but all posts are for changing the width (just dragging it..), something about Winaero Tweaker (which I've tried), and one post about editing something in registry:...
  9. cannot get rid of search bar

cannot get rid of search bar: Hi, can someone please tell me how to get rid of this search bar at the top of my screen? it is driving me crazy and doesnt hide when i watch full screen!! [img] 46807
  10. How to Get Rid of Cortana Search Application Bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Get Rid of Cortana Search Application Bar?: For some reason this application bar keeps on popping up on Cortana when I search things, anyone know how to get rid of it? Screenshot here: (the icons on the top above 'best match' is what I'm talking about) [img] Please help! Thanks, 46560