Windows 10: How to get rid of windows firewall notifications - they just won't go away!

Discus and support How to get rid of windows firewall notifications - they just won't go away! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 Home with OS build 17763.504. My (laptop) computer is a Dell XPS 15 9575. When I boot up and periodically afterwards, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanW12345, Jun 5, 2019.

1. DanW12345 Win User

How to get rid of windows firewall notifications - they just won't go away!

Hello,

I have Windows 10 Home with OS build 17763.504. My (laptop) computer is a Dell XPS 15 9575.

When I boot up and periodically afterwards, I receive a notification from windows that windows firewall is turned off. I am already behind a firewall and don't want or need it turned on so I turned if off on purpose.

I don't want the notifications to appear. I have tried disabling them in:

1. security and maintenance

2. internet security

3. One other place I can't remember - the place it takes you to when you click 'see fewer notifications'.

None of them do anything. I see there are also registry entries you can change but I start getting a bit nervous when it comes to fiddling with registry entries.

I think this is a bug, all the settings stay switched off across reboots yet the notifications keep appearing.

Any suggestions?

:)

DanW12345, Jun 5, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    How do I stop firewall and antivirus notification?!?!

Hi,

To disable the firewall notification, follow these steps:

• On the search tab, type
      Security and Maintenance.

• Choose
      Change Security and Maintenance settings.

• Uncheck
      the notifications that you don't want to pop-up.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 5, 2019
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

1. How to get rid of windows firewall notifications - they just won't go away! - Similar Threads - rid firewall notifications

2. "All apps" notification won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "All apps" notification won't go away: No new app or anything tied to the number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-apps-notification-wont-go-away/fd4a2067-8dd3-4c3b-b3c6-ed53b9e7a1bc
  3. "All apps" notification won't go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    "All apps" notification won't go away: No new app or anything tied to the number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-apps-notification-wont-go-away/fd4a2067-8dd3-4c3b-b3c6-ed53b9e7a1bc
  4. "All apps" notification won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "All apps" notification won't go away: This "1" icon over the "all apps" button won't go away. I don't know why it's there. I've opened any new apps that I've installed and restarting my PC doesn't work....
  5. "All apps" notification won't go away

"All apps" notification won't go away: This "1" icon over the "all apps" button won't go away. I don't know why it's there. I've opened any new apps that I've installed and restarting my PC doesn't work....
  6. "All apps" notification won't go away

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Teams notifications won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teams notifications won't go away: In playing around with the new chat/teams functionality in Windows 11, I pushed the icon to start a new video meeting to see what the experience would be like. I never added anyone to the meeting - I just closed the video conferencing as soon as I opened it. But I did notice...
  8. Teams notifications won't go away

Teams notifications won't go away: In playing around with the new chat/teams functionality in Windows 11, I pushed the icon to start a new video meeting to see what the experience would be like. I never added anyone to the meeting - I just closed the video conferencing as soon as I opened it. But I did notice...
  9. Win10 Notifications won't go away automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Notifications won't go away automatically?: When I get notifications from Google Chrome(like a new upload from my YouTube subscriptions) they do not disappear on their own. However, when I get other notifications like a discord message, it will go away after a few seconds. This is extremely annoying especially in...
  10. Getting Rid of Firewall Notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting Rid of Firewall Notifications: Hi all, I have Windows Firewall disabled. I know this and it has to stay that way. I use a lot of AV apps that will not function with it on, even with exceptions. In any case, I keep getting toast alerts saying it is disabled and I can't get rid of it. I had Action...