Windows 10: how to get rid of windows update icon in the tray

Discus and support how to get rid of windows update icon in the tray in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Greetings OS: windows 10 pro winver: 1809 Suddenly windows update icon appeared in the tray. I don't want the next update. How do I kick the icon from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zivshosh, Sep 29, 2020.

1. zivshosh Win User

how to get rid of windows update icon in the tray

Greetings
    winver: 1809
    Suddenly windows update icon appeared in the tray. I don't want the next update.
    How do I kick the icon from the tray?
    which process or service I have to kill so that when I restart or shut down windows it won't try to install update?
    thank you

:)

zivshosh, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Mysticode Win User

Minimize to icon tray not working in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Since updating to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, RealTemp is no longer minimizing to my icon tray. Is anyone else having these issues?

Thank you.

Mysticode, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Tray icon disappears

I've been experiencing since the installation of Windows XP SP2 on multiple machines with the ATITool Tray Icon disappearing upon load at system startup. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Enabling or Disabling the "Hide Inactive (tray) Icons" WinXP menu option doesn't have any effect. The only way to open ATITool after it has loaded is to go through the start menu to open it again. I have "minimize on close" selected in ATITool. When closing ATITool, you see it make the motions of minimizing to the tray area but no icon is displayed. Any ideas?

djshowergel, Sep 29, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Anyway to get rid of annoying nVidia System Tray icon?

So with the last few nVidia drivers they've added a very annoying System Tray icon that is there when the computer starts. I don't know why, but it bugs the crap out of me.

Now I can stop the "NVIDIA Display Driver Service" service and the icon goes away. Oddly, I can start the service right back up again and the icon doesn't come back.

Now for the mean time I just wrote a bat file that runs at startup to restart the service, which gets rid of the icon, but there has to be a better way. Perhaps some option burried somewhere in the nVidia control panel or something.*Bang Head :banghead:

newtekie1, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

1. how to get rid of windows update icon in the tray - Similar Threads - rid update icon

2. how to get rid out of this icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get rid out of this icon: how to turn off the annoying display in the lower right side of the task bar in win 10 ..there is no name of that app but when i click on it it opens this web address:Microsoft Start msn.com there is no option to remove this forced **** by Microsoft....
  3. how to get rid out of this icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get rid out of this icon: how to turn off the annoying display in the lower right side of the task bar in win 10 ..there is no name of that app but when i click on it it opens this web address:Microsoft Start msn.com there is no option to remove this forced **** by Microsoft....
  4. How to get rid of this black square icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of this black square icon: A microphone-like icon appear out of nowhere on my screen. I dont even know what it means. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-black-square-icon/3f714516-ccd8-4cf6-9f25-a79b3091a721
  5. How to get rid of this black square icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of this black square icon: A microphone-like icon appear out of nowhere on my screen. I dont even know what it means. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-black-square-icon/3f714516-ccd8-4cf6-9f25-a79b3091a721
  6. How to get rid of this black square icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to get rid of this annoying tray icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of this annoying tray icon?: [ATTACH] The label on the icon is: "Security mode is off." I disabled Defender startup icons but this one still persists. Any ideas? https://preview.redd.it/urnd2q9f60t61.png?width=224&format=png&auto=webp&s=ba5ec75908fa84893a176f88b112aa9b383bc23a submitted by...
  8. How do I get an icon back into the hidden icons tray?

How do I get an icon back into the hidden icons tray?: I accidentally deleted the Bluetooth icon from my hidden icons tray. How do I get it back? I want the link to the "Bluetooth and other devices" settings window, not the Bluetooth on/off toggle option. I know I can click the notifications icon, then right click the Bluetooth...
  9. how to get rid of these redundant icons

how to get rid of these redundant icons: Just now installed Update (KB3176936) for Windows 10 x64-Based Systems......Upon restart my Google Drive Desktop Icon has turned into a white rectangle ( I can go to the icon properties and assign a generic one from Windows ) but I want to try to fix it. What annoys me even...
  10. How to get rid of Creator's Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get rid of Creator's Update?: Hey all I am new to this forum and I appreciate your help. The latest update broker a bunch of programs I need. I tried resetting the PC, formatting the drive and reinstalling windows, but no use. How can I get rid of the update? The thing is, I have a USB drive I...