Windows 10: How to get rid of "Xbox game bar" window when I change my windows volume?

Discus and support How to get rid of "Xbox game bar" window when I change my windows volume? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Before, when I pressed the keys to change the volume on my desktop, only the small vertical bar appeared on the left to show me the numerical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NXeon, Oct 5, 2020.

1. NXeon Win User

How to get rid of "Xbox game bar" window when I change my windows volume?

Before, when I pressed the keys to change the volume on my desktop, only the small vertical bar appeared on the left to show me the numerical preference. After I started using windows key + G to capture some game footage, this big obnoxious window pops up everytime I change my volume.

https://gyazo.com/9a49f0975098a9bb81374072d9e1289b

I'm obviously not looking to play xbox game bar audio all the time, so I don't want that window to pop up. I looked in settings and couldn't find any disabling function. Please let me know how to get rid of this window.

Thank you.

:)

NXeon, Oct 5, 2020
  2. eliasbenb Win User

Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer

EDIT:

• Edit 1: still no actual answer for a way to fix this. But I just factory reset my PC, the volume mixer works perfectly now. I know this is not the answer you wanted, but it's all we have
    Before I go into details do not suggest:

• Fixing my audio driver by updating/removing it
    • Resetting the Xbox Game Bar app
    • Doing the 'sfc /scannow 'command
    • Telling me to use the volume mixer built into windows
    • Referring me to the Xbox Game Bar app troubleshooting page

OK, now that we go that out of the way. I have had this problem for about 3 weeks. The issue is that the Xbox Game Bar doesn't display the volume mixer correctly, it only shows the main audio driver's volume mixer and nothing else (no app volume mixer like:
    CS:GO, Microsoft Edge Beta, Spotify etc.).

Photo for reference:

How to get rid of "Xbox game bar" window when I change my windows volume? 60f145ea-e940-4f04-a916-f79e664003a1?upload=true.png

For the Microsoft employees reading this, this is a persistent issue in Windows. I will list other posts on this forum with the same issue to show the scale of the issue. All of these posts have not been solved so far:

eliasbenb, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar Xbox

Source: New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar - Xbox Wire

Brink, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

1. How to get rid of "Xbox game bar" window when I change my windows volume? - Similar Threads - rid Xbox game

2. Getting Rid of Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Rid of Xbox Game Bar: Hello!Not long ago i downloaded something called Xbox Game Bar which was supposed to help me screen record but instead made it laggier. I've tryed to get rid of it but the uninstall button in settings is grey and the terminate button isnt but it does nothing please help me...
  3. Xbox game bar resetting it's volume.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox game bar resetting it's volume.: Hello, For months now I have been playing a game that uses Xbox game bar and when I get invites from friends I get my eardrums burst by the notification. At first I just lowered the volume of Xbox game bar in my volume controller panel. I was surprised that the next time I...
  4. How to get rid of the big volume changing box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of the big volume changing box: Whenever I adjust the volume a big box appears telling me what I am watching/listening to. It is really annoying and intrusive. How do I switch this off? I know what I'm listening to. I just want to see the volume submitted by /u/MaroonCrow [link] [comments]...
  5. How to get rid of the volume bar at will?

How to get rid of the volume bar at will?: I sometimes accidentally turn the volume up with my extra keys while gaming and it takes forever to fade away. Its normally slightly annoying but I steer the mouse on the UI to close it, but there isnt a close button, so the bar stays even longer to go away (because the mouse...
  6. xbox game bar - how do I disable volume control?

xbox game bar - how do I disable volume control?: Somehow the Xbox game bar has hijacked the system's volume control. Not a big deal, other than that it is quite big, and after every adjustment of the volume, there's the black thing with the title of the audio/video file blocking the video for some time, so I'd like to go...
  7. How do i get rid of this white bar while playing my game?

How do i get rid of this white bar while playing my game?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/memerskemer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ijthl6/how_do_i_get_rid_of_this_white_bar_while_playing/
  8. Xbox party volume at Xbox game bar

Xbox party volume at Xbox game bar: Is there a way to control chat volume on Xbox party at Xbox game bar? Changing volume to "Xbox game bar" at sound mixer doesn´t do anything. Some people have an extremely loud microphone and controlling either the whole party volume or each party member individually would be...
  9. how do i Get rid of Xbox Game bar (not shutting it off, Uninstalling it)

how do i Get rid of Xbox Game bar (not shutting it off, Uninstalling it): Ok, i was using the Gamebar to stream games to Mixer. Microsoft decided to remove this feature for some unknown, (and to me stupid) reason. Now they want us to Stream using 3rd party software. This being the case, i have no use for the gamebar or for that matter Mixer. Using...
  10. How do I get rid of Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get rid of Game Bar?: How can it be removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-game-bar/1ac3615a-ce4f-4f3d-8de2-08f86a078cf2"