Windows 10: How to get rid of your hello pin when you've never set one?

Discus and support How to get rid of your hello pin when you've never set one? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i'm trying to log into my new PC so i can play the Xbox games i have and it tells me i need a pin Ive never set a pin up so whys it ask me for a pin... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jordanlewis5, Oct 12, 2019.

1. How to get rid of your hello pin when you've never set one?

i'm trying to log into my new PC so i can play the Xbox games i have and it tells me i need a pin Ive never set a pin up so whys it ask me for a pin that's not even set up?

:)

jordanlewis5, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 12, 2019
  3. windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

How to get rid of your hello pin when you've never set one?

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

How to get rid of your hello pin when you've never set one?

1. How to get rid of your hello pin when you've never set one? - Similar Threads - rid hello pin

2. How do I get rid of Windows Hello/Pin requirement entirely?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I get rid of Windows Hello/Pin requirement entirely?: After a new installation of Windows 10 pro I'm being forced to set a pin/password for my home desktop pc when prevously never requiring one for the past few years.I've searched the internet for solutions but none seem to work and I'm always asked for the pin/authenticator...
  3. Hello PIN set to never but no working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello PIN set to never but no working: After the Pc wakes up, it asks for PIN.How to disable this?My "Require sign-in settings" is set to "Never"My "Power options" doesn't have "Require a password on wakeup yes/no"I'm using Windows 10 Home...
  4. Hello PIN set to never but no working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello PIN set to never but no working: After the Pc wakes up, it asks for PIN.How to disable this?My "Require sign-in settings" is set to "Never"My "Power options" doesn't have "Require a password on wakeup yes/no"I'm using Windows 10 Home...
  5. Hello PIN set to never but no working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. how to get rid of 'this setting is managed by your administrator'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to get rid of 'this setting is managed by your administrator': So recently i found out that some of my settings are greyed out and has the error this setting is managed by our administrator or organization. its frustrating cuz i cannot access most of the settings. my firewall settings antivirus settings background settings and lost of...
  7. how to get rid f 'this setting is managed by your administrator'

how to get rid f 'this setting is managed by your administrator': So recently i found out that some of my settings are greyed out and has the error this setting is managed by our administrator or organization. its frustrating cuz i cannot access most of the settings. my firewall settings antivirus settings background settings and lost of...
  8. Windows is asking for my Hello Pin and I have never set one.

Windows is asking for my Hello Pin and I have never set one.: This issue is driving me crazy! My Hello Pin is being requested and i have never set it up or added a PIN. YES - i have access to and signed into my Microsoft account and updated my details and passwords, but when i try to access my windows Hello Pin i still have the same...
  9. PIN request - when I never set one

PIN request - when I never set one: My Windows login started asking for a PIN a few months ago. I always cancelled out of it because I never set one up and didn't want to have to remember another code. But recently, I installed a new version of Office, and it won't let me access Office without a PIN. When I...
  10. How to get rid of "Set up your phone" in Outlook.com

in Browsers and Email
    How to get rid of "Set up your phone" in Outlook.com: One small annoyance I have with Outlook.com is the notification which appears at the bottom of browser whenever I check mail: [img] My phone is set up. Clicking Close closes the notification for now but next time I open Outlook.com page it's again there. If I click Set it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get a pin on hello