Windows 10: How to get Search Tools on File Explorer Window?

Discus and support How to get Search Tools on File Explorer Window? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can i get Search tools ribbon to show on File Explorer?? 92190 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mattfaria12, Aug 26, 2017.

1. How to get Search Tools on File Explorer Window?

How can i get Search tools ribbon to show on File Explorer??

:)

mattfaria12, Aug 26, 2017

2. My windows 10 File Explorer Search Tools "Search again in" was not functional

Thank you sir for your reply.

Yes! it's been solved. I switched my default web browser to Internet Explorer, it worked.

It's weird, the Internet Edge is recommended by windows 10 and Microsoft, but the file explorer still functions the IE...

Anyway, I thought the issue happened because I'd deleted some files by mistake, I'll keep using the Edge as default.

Thanks again.

JingZhang1991, Aug 26, 2017
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Aug 26, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

How to get Search Tools on File Explorer Window?

It automatically shows as a search bar in File Explorer. The Ribbon is extended commands. You can also add shortcuts up at the top left corner.

bro67, Aug 26, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Simple. Just click in the Search box at the far right and the Search Tools ribbon appears.

6. Oh Ok....I found it thanks

mattfaria12, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to get Search Tools on File Explorer Window?

1. How to get Search Tools on File Explorer Window? - Similar Threads - Search Tools File

2. Search Tool in Windows File Explorer - Enter key does not execute search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Tool in Windows File Explorer - Enter key does not execute search.: Hi team, I have the below issue which is exclusive to Windows File Explorer only:Whenever I need to search for a file or text in a document/folder I use CTRL + F, type the text/file name and press the enter key to execute the search.This chain of commands works in all...
  3. Search Tool in Windows File Explorer - Enter key does not execute search.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Tool in Windows File Explorer - Enter key does not execute search.: Hi team, I have the below issue which is exclusive to Windows File Explorer only:Whenever I need to search for a file or text in a document/folder I use CTRL + F, type the text/file name and press the enter key to execute the search.This chain of commands works in all...
  4. File Explorer Search Tools AND How to keep these on top?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search Tools AND How to keep these on top?: I am slowly getting acclimated to things and have learned to put a lot of tools on my taskbar so that I can find them when I need them. But how can I get the Search Tool to display before I enter search criteria. For example, trying to find a group of .jpg files that were...
  5. File Explorer Search Tools AND How to keep these on top?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Search Tools AND How to keep these on top?: I am slowly getting acclimated to things and have learned to put a lot of tools on my taskbar so that I can find them when I need them. But how can I get the Search Tool to display before I enter search criteria. For example, trying to find a group of .jpg files that were...
  6. Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar: Search tools won't open when clicking in file explorer search bar. Same thing when pressing ctrl+F in file explorer. This problem exists on both of my Windows 10 Pro PCs. How do I fix this?...
  7. How to enable search tools to open automatically when typing into search box in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to enable search tools to open automatically when typing into search box in file explorer?: On my one Windows 10 machine when using file explorer, search tools opens any time time I start typing into the search box. On my other machine it doesn't. How can I enable it to open automatically when using the search box? submitted by /u/manolid [link] [comments]...
  8. Missing search tools tab in file explorer?

Missing search tools tab in file explorer?: Hello, I'm not sure when this happened, but I have noticed that the Search Tools tab in File Explorer has disappeared. I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 build 18363.836. I have another corporate-owned laptop running Windows 10 that does not receive updates unless...
  9. Windows 10 - File Explorer - search tools - results are incorrect

Windows 10 - File Explorer - search tools - results are incorrect: Using windows 10. Open file explorer. Go to a folder. Click search bar, enter "type:ppt", hit search. No items match your search. I can see multiple powerpoint files in the folder. Why do none show up in search results? 7 did not have this problem. Same goes for...
  10. Search Tools not showing up when clicking on File Explorer folder search.

Search Tools not showing up when clicking on File Explorer folder search.: Hello. I hope I can find some help here. When I click on File Explorer or any folder to do a search, the search tools not does show up. And sometimes I can't search at all. It won't me click on it. I also noticed sometimes a gray box shows up on the folder search....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where to find tools in exploer win 10