Windows 10: How to get simultaneous audio through both USB headphones and main speakers

Discus and support How to get simultaneous audio through both USB headphones and main speakers in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When my USB headphones are plugged in, the main speakers become disabled. How can I get sound through both simultaneously?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrederickCarson, Feb 18, 2019.

1. How to get simultaneous audio through both USB headphones and main speakers

When my USB headphones are plugged in, the main speakers become disabled. How can I get sound through both simultaneously?

:)

FrederickCarson, Feb 18, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

Audio Advice Sought - Simultaneous Headphones and Speaker

For analog audio, not HDMI, a simple solution is to connect a Y connector at the speaker output (green) and then connect both headphones and speakers. See picture. But connecting the HDMI cable enables HDMI audio by default. You may have to change that from Playback Devices (right-click on the volume icon).

How to get simultaneous audio through both USB headphones and main speakers [​IMG]

spapakons, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    No Speakers or Headphones detected

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a corrupted Audio driver or defective audio port.

To better understand this concern please answer the following questions:

• Are you still able to play music using a built-in speakers?
    • Have you tried using other headphones or external speakers?

We also suggest that you run audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio then follow the instructions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to post back.

Ryan Fra, Feb 18, 2019
  4. sktg51 Win User

How to get simultaneous audio through both USB headphones and main speakers

Audio Advice Sought - Simultaneous Headphones and Speaker

Hi
    I have recently built my first Desktop. Bit like a Meccano set (yes I am that old). My problem is that I am hearing impaired and want to use my headphones to listen to programs we watch on the TV (from where we have them stored on the computer), while my wife listens to the speakers. The dialogue is too quiet for me, and the music too loud.

We use an HDMI cable for the video from the graphics card (AMD Radeon R9 390) to the TV, but have to make alternate arrangements for audio. I have set up a bluetooth connection to a BOSE Soundlink Mini using Blue Soleil software (the bluetooth connection from the mobo - that I paid extra for over the standard Z87 - does not work). I have my headphone plugged into the front sockets on my desktop. The Z87 uses Realtek HD Audio Manager.

I can use either the headphones or the speaker, but not both. Obviously I want to use them simultaneously.

I have looked everywhere on-line and through the Windows info and I am now very confused. To a luddite like me this should be easy to do.

Can anyone offer advice please.

sktg51, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

How to get simultaneous audio through both USB headphones and main speakers

1. How to get simultaneous audio through both USB headphones and main speakers - Similar Threads - simultaneous audio through

2. Audio playing through speakers and headphones.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio playing through speakers and headphones.: My audio is playing through speakers and headphones. I've tried to set headphones to default but the option to do so isn't there. All I have is realtek audio speakers. How do I get it to automatically disable speakers when headphones are plugged in? 172751
  3. Hearing audio through speakers and headphones simultaneously

Hearing audio through speakers and headphones simultaneously: Aight so I have headphones and my laptop speaker. I had problems with my headphones where when I plugged them in while the laptop was on it didnt detect them. However I fixed that issue by uninstalling 'Realtek R Audio' which in the Sound Control Panel was the name of my...
  4. Not recognizing both headset and speakers simultaneously

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not recognizing both headset and speakers simultaneously: I can't get Windows 10 to recognize both my headset and speakers as separate products, while utilizing both my front and rear audio jacks. I just purchased a replacement headset, and this uses audio jack connectors instead of how my old headset just utilized usb. I also have...
  5. Sound coming through both headphones and speakers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound coming through both headphones and speakers.: I just bought the Nitro 5 and found that when my headphones are plugged in, minecraft game audio comes through my main speakers while the spotify app and anything on google all play audio through my headphones. In the sound settings the app minecraft is specifically set to...
  6. How to get duplicate audio to both headphones and speakers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get duplicate audio to both headphones and speakers?: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 latest update as of August 18th 2020. I have a set of HyperX Cloud II's plugged in via USB, and a pair of Bose Companion 2 Speakers plugged in via the usual audio Aux port, both in the back of my computer directly into the motherboard. I have both...
  7. Sound playing through both speakers and headphones

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound playing through both speakers and headphones: Thank you for your time in advance. Since the latest larger windows update about a month ago, I have been having a problem that I cannot seem to solve with the standard solutions and what I could find from googling several hours on several days. Upon starting my computer,...
  8. Audio plays through headphones and speakers

Audio plays through headphones and speakers: So ive tried to update my drivers, ive tried to uninstall/reinstall, ive tried to go to playback devices, ive tried to go to my realtek stuff and none of this is working, it seems different then any of the cases ive seen by looking it up, i have no clue what to do. i went...
  9. Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.

Audio is playing through both speakers and headphones.: I reinstalled my audio drivers today because it wasn't working, I can hear everything now but it plays through both my headphones and speakers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-is-playing-through-both-speakers-and/39c750ca-4d00-4b36-846a-6d5ba871da62
  10. Audio Advice Sought - Simultaneous Headphones and Speaker

Audio Advice Sought - Simultaneous Headphones and Speaker: Hi I have recently built my first Desktop. Bit like a Meccano set (yes I am that old). My problem is that I am hearing impaired and want to use my headphones to listen to programs we watch on the TV (from where we have them stored on the computer), while my wife listens to...