Windows 10: how to get slideshow of all Pictures, not just one folder

Discus and support how to get slideshow of all Pictures, not just one folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have many folders with photos and want to run a slideshow of all of them but when I choose 'Pictures' Windows 10 will not show anything. I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by belmontbri, Aug 5, 2015.

1. how to get slideshow of all Pictures, not just one folder

I have many folders with photos and want to run a slideshow of all of them but when I choose 'Pictures' Windows 10 will not show anything. I have to pick one folder. That folder will run nicely, but I would like to include ALL folders.

:)

belmontbri, Aug 5, 2015

2. Win10 does not recognize my images for desktop background

When I open the folder and select one picture for the background, all images are available. When I choose slideshow and choose a folder to use that has multiple pictures. It does not see the pictures in the folder. How do I get it to see all the pictures
    for slideshow?

andrewZurow, Aug 5, 2015
  3. why pictures is not shown when i browse for it under slide show in personalization settings?

In Slideshow mode, you're selecting the entire folder. In Picture mode, you're selecting just one picture.

Slideshow mode doesn't show you the pictures in that folder because that's how that particular interface works. :\

zachd [MSFT], Aug 5, 2015
  4. olivier Win User

how to get slideshow of all Pictures, not just one folder

Hi all !

I've just find a way to do it without copying all your photos to another folder or anything else :

1/ go to your parent folder that contains folders of the desired photos

2/ in the search field, type *.jpg (or *.raw... depend of the type of your photos)

3/ Explorer shows you all your photos

4/ select all (CTRL-a), right click and choose "Set as wallpaper"

5/ on the run command, type "control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper" and select if you want to randomize, switch time...

Hope that helps and sorry for my poor english *Wink

Thake a look at this short video if needed :

olivier, Aug 24, 2015
  5. Drop this ( control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper ) in a run prompt or the command line. It's the old GUI from 7/8 and will get you what you need.

joeypent69, Aug 27, 2015
  6. this did the trick. many thanks

aubreywilliams, Nov 18, 2015
  7. Quick update folks; If you got the latest update from microsoft, they fixed this. It should now work normally....... "SHOULD"

joeypent69, Nov 18, 2015
  8. deLabe Win User

Step 5 below worked for me AND found pictures that going through the Windows 10 settings will not work.

deLabe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. how to get slideshow of all Pictures, not just one folder - Similar Threads - slideshow Pictures folder

2. Slideshow of Lockscreen not showing picture even with pictures being actual in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slideshow of Lockscreen not showing picture even with pictures being actual in folders: I love slideshow function of lock screen, but I just discovered i bug with regarding to that slideshow not working propper https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slideshow-of-lockscreen-not-showing-picture-even/c2b9ad7d-c857-4c87-b575-3b4dc93d2a68
  3. Slideshow of Lockscreen not showing picture even with pictures being actual in folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slideshow of Lockscreen not showing picture even with pictures being actual in folders: I love slideshow function of lock screen, but I just discovered i bug with regarding to that slideshow not working propper https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slideshow-of-lockscreen-not-showing-picture-even/c2b9ad7d-c857-4c87-b575-3b4dc93d2a68
  4. slideshow on windows 11 only show one picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slideshow on windows 11 only show one picture: Why windows 11 photo app slideshow doesn't work on some folders.I open a photo, click three dots then select slideshow. Slideshow showed only current photo not other photo on the same folder.I tried the same way with some other folders and slideshow worked ok.Thank You...
  5. slideshow on windows 11 only show one picture

slideshow on windows 11 only show one picture: Why windows 11 photo app slideshow doesn't work on some folders.I open a photo, click three dots then select slideshow. Slideshow showed only current photo not other photo on the same folder.I tried the same way with some other folders and slideshow worked ok.Thank You...
  6. Picture Folder in One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture Folder in One Drive: Hi, When I saved all my pictures within One Drive, why another folder named "Picture" automatically created outside One Drive in "My Documents"? Both contents are same; but if I delete Picture folder in "My Documents", inside "One Drive" also it is getting deleted. How can I...
  7. Picture Folder in One Drive

Picture Folder in One Drive: Hi, When I saved all my pictures within One Drive, why another folder named "Picture" automatically created outside One Drive in "My Documents"? Both contents are same; but if I delete Picture folder in "My Documents", inside "One Drive" also it is getting deleted. How can I...
  8. SLIDESHOW PICTURES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SLIDESHOW PICTURES: HI THERE I AM USING WINDOWS 10 SLIDESHOW AS MY BACKROUND. ID LIKE TO KNOW A PATH OF WHERE I COULD VIEW THESE PICTURES AS ID LIKE TO DOWNLOAD A FEW. IS THERE A MICROSOFT/WINDOWS GALLERY? IF SO PLEASE SHARE A LINK OR PATH OF VIEWING THESE PICTURES. THANKING YOU...
  9. Settings for Slideshow Background : How to remove an obsolete picture folder ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings for Slideshow Background : How to remove an obsolete picture folder ?: I have no problem browsing for and adding picture folders. So far unable to remove all or selected obsolete folders. What is the correct procedure?...
  10. trying to get my picture slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    trying to get my picture slideshow: Hi Brink: I just upgraded to Win10Pro last week, and am having issues with trying to get my picture slideshow to work properly. I have three monitors, and just upgraded my AMD drviers for my graphics card. I thought I had everything OK, until I noticed today that the same...