Windows 10: How To Get Smbv2

Discus and support How To Get Smbv2 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just got my Nighthawk Gateway/router, hook up my HHD to router, when into windows 10 pro, and it wouldn't show up. I did everything, until one of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by timlab55, Nov 24, 2018.

1. timlab55 Win User

How To Get Smbv2

Just got my Nighthawk Gateway/router, hook up my HHD to router, when into windows 10 pro, and it wouldn't show up. I did everything, until one of the artilcles were talking about Smb v1 and I found it under Window Programs. They said check it, I did and now it shows up. The down side to this is that I've read alot of articles that said I shouldn't do this as it's bad. There's has been alot of talk about it and the botton line is this:
    #1: How do I find out which verison my computer is running now?
    #2: All the Window updates that I have received doesn't show that Smb v2 ...v3 has come in yet, so where do I get the newest verison of Smb?
    Thanks

:)

timlab55, Nov 24, 2018

2. Is there an easy way to activate SMBv2 or v3 on windows 10?

Hi Bill,

By default, the Server Message Block is enabled in Windows 10 devices. However, if SMB is disabled, running commands in PowerShell can enable it. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your device?
    • Are you using a Windows Server?
    • Is the device connected to a domain network?

In the meantime, you can check this link. It serves as a guide on how to
    detect, enable and disable SMBv1, SMBv2, and SMBv3 in Windows and Windows Server.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Darleen Pen, Nov 24, 2018
  3. SMBv2 and Windows CE 7 Help

Hello,

We have a client that needs help with SMB communication. Their site network group disabled all communications via SMBv1 on their network and servers (good idea), rendering their 2012 R2 server out of reach of some old Windows CE 5 computers that function
    as swipe card controllers for entry to the site. We upgraded the old computers to Windows CE 7 and need to know how to get SMBv2 communication working on the CE 7 computers.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated! I have found nothing about this anywhere.

AƮreiƉes, Nov 24, 2018
  4. How To Get Smbv2

Is there an easy way to activate SMBv2 or v3 on windows 10?

Is there an easy way to activate SMBv2 or v3 on windows 10? I cannot see any mention of it in the'windows features' settings.

BillTromans1, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

How To Get Smbv2

1. How To Get Smbv2 - Similar Threads - Smbv2

2. SMBv2/v3 SECURITY PATCH UPDATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMBv2/v3 SECURITY PATCH UPDATE: CAN ANYONE PLEASE SHARE LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD OF SECURITY PATCH FOR THE WORMABLE VULNERABILITY OF SMBV2/V3. I CANT SEEM TO FIND ITWINDOWS SERVER 2019 BUILD 17763ITS VERY IMPORTANT AND URGENT...
  3. SMBv2/v3 SECURITY PATCH UPDATE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SMBv2/v3 SECURITY PATCH UPDATE: CAN ANYONE PLEASE SHARE LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD OF SECURITY PATCH FOR THE WORMABLE VULNERABILITY OF SMBV2/V3. I CANT SEEM TO FIND ITWINDOWS SERVER 2019 BUILD 17763ITS VERY IMPORTANT AND URGENT...
  4. Accessing an SMBv1 device Windows XP with an SMBv2 Windows 10 device.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing an SMBv1 device Windows XP with an SMBv2 Windows 10 device.: The scenario is hopefully simple. I've shared a folder from my old Windows XP PC to my network, but with trying to access it from my Windows 10 laptop, I get the error "You can't connect to the file share because it's not secure. This share requires the obsolete SMB1...
  5. How to enable or disable SMBv2 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable SMBv2 in Windows 10: If you want to enable or disable SMBv2 on your Windows 10 device then this guide will help you do so. But before that, let’s know a brief introduction about this application, however, if you are already familiar with this application, you can directly go to the below section...
  6. Guest access disabled - Why is it necessary to enable to access SMBv2 NAS?

Guest access disabled - Why is it necessary to enable to access SMBv2 NAS?: Hello. Since this is the files, folders and storage forum, I hope someone can help me. As most of you know, since windows 10 build 1709, "Guest Access in SMBv2" is disabled by default. When this happened the only way I had to regain network access to my NAS was by modifying...
  7. Enabling network sharing with smbv1 disabled and smbv2 enabled

Enabling network sharing with smbv1 disabled and smbv2 enabled: We all know about how people at microsoft make smbv1 mandatory to share folder across a local network, which exposes us to ransomwares. people at Microsoft have no concerns for security, despite being in IT business for the last 30 years.... in windows 10 , like 1809, the...
  8. SMBv1 and SMBv2 - USB drive on wireless printer won't connect to laptop over WiFi

SMBv1 and SMBv2 - USB drive on wireless printer won't connect to laptop over WiFi: I have an older Epson all-in-one printer with a USB drive attached. I used to be able to xfer files from the printer USB to the laptop using WiFi. Now I get an error msg stating that my printer uses SMBv1 and Windows requires SMBv2. I found the article that said I could...
  9. Unable to locate network machines while using SMBv2 protocol

Unable to locate network machines while using SMBv2 protocol: A week or two ago (around NewYear 2019) my Win10 based laptop stopped seeing local network machines using SMB2 protocol. Accessing shares by explicit machine names works fine. Before that I had no problems with listing active machine names. Nothing was changed from my side;...
  10. Windows 10 Connection to Windows 7 Admin Shares Using SMBv2/3?

Windows 10 Connection to Windows 7 Admin Shares Using SMBv2/3?: Hello, In our business, we do a lot of admin work using the built in admin shares (ex. \\pc-1\c$)A Windows 10 PC cannot connect to a Windows 7 PC's Admin Share without issuing the following commands to first disable SMBv2/3 on the Windows 10 PC: sc.exe config...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get smbv2

2. smbv2 get

3. how to detect SMBv2 or v3 on my WIndows 10