Windows 10: how to get sound back - got lost when i dropped laptop

Discus and support how to get sound back - got lost when i dropped laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; sound was fine. then laptop fell to floor. sound gone. is there a way i can get it back? if so, how? any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aaaaa987, Oct 28, 2020.

1. aaaaa987 Win User

how to get sound back - got lost when i dropped laptop

sound was fine. then laptop fell to floor. sound gone. is there a way i can get it back? if so, how?

any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks!

:)

aaaaa987, Oct 28, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue how to get sound back - got lost when i dropped laptop :p

cadaveca, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 28, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

1. how to get sound back - got lost when i dropped laptop - Similar Threads - sound got lost

2. How can i get my sound back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i get my sound back?: Hi good evening,My computer is not producing sound when my headphones are not connected. I found a message when looking at the NVIDIA High Definition Audio that says "Device settings not migrated." I tried researching fixes but came to no prevail. Everything that I have...
  3. How can i get my sound back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i get my sound back?: Hi good evening,My computer is not producing sound when my headphones are not connected. I found a message when looking at the NVIDIA High Definition Audio that says "Device settings not migrated." I tried researching fixes but came to no prevail. Everything that I have...
  4. Lost Sound on Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost Sound on Laptop: I have lost sound on my Dell laptop. It indicates no audio devices detected. I made no changes since last shutdown. Restart does not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-on-laptop/d41b5961-be8c-4c27-9e5e-c510c737cd33
  5. Laptop lost my files - How do I get my stuff back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop lost my files - How do I get my stuff back?: Hi, My laptop has just reset itself - It said that the user file couldn't be found so I re-entered my password and when the home screen cane up, my laptop had lost all my photos & files. How do I get my stuff back? I know that I've asked this question months ago, and...
  6. sound disabled how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sound disabled how do I get it back?: no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-disabled-how-do-i-get-it-back/30698491-970d-44b1-a3f7-095cba3cb10f
  7. How to get sound back on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get sound back on: My Lenovo laptop was running fine until, then the next day It had no sound for watching videos. I have sound while playing my games online, but not for the videos online. Can anyone please advise me in layman's instructions how to get the sound back on. Thanks in advance....
  8. I lost the curser...how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I lost the curser...how do I get it back?: My curser froze and i turned my computer off. When i turned it back on there was no curser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-the-curserhow-do-i-get-it-back/3efc524f-1829-44ce-88b2-86b27ff2c2b5
  9. Windows Update corrupted laptop - how do I get back lost files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update corrupted laptop - how do I get back lost files?: Hi On 15 May 2020, a Windows Update was run automatically on a Win 10 laptop. Laptop has solid internet security software and Norton PE only found a screwed-up registry. But: Edge would only give a grey screen then stop, Win 10 search would not work, all Microsoft Office...
  10. Lost built-in audio. How do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost built-in audio. How do I get it back?: I am running Windows 10 build 10586. I was trying to get WebEx to work with an external webcam and an external microphone this afternoon and, in the process of trying to get the audio working, I disabled (*just* disabled) the built-in Realtek audio. That didn't solve my...