Windows 10: How to get sound back on

Discus and support How to get sound back on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Lenovo laptop was running fine until, then the next day It had no sound for watching videos. I have sound while playing my games online, but not for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnneWatson222, Oct 18, 2020 at 7:57 AM.

1. How to get sound back on

My Lenovo laptop was running fine until, then the next day It had no sound for watching videos. I have sound while playing my games online, but not for the videos online. Can anyone please advise me in layman's instructions how to get the sound back on.

Thanks in advance.

:)

AnneWatson222, Oct 18, 2020 at 7:57 AM
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue How to get sound back on :p

3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

4. How to get sound back on

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Thema:

How to get sound back on

1. How to get sound back on - Similar Threads - sound

2. Crackly internal sound, some USB devices not working properly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Crackly internal sound, some USB devices not working properly: First of all, I caonsider myself a power user. Which means lot of installed programs, apps, utilities etc... WinVer: 1909 (18363.1139) Professional X64 It looks like something in my Win10 install in taking too long time in ISRs which causes some HW devices to "stutter" for...
  3. Sound acting up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound acting up: My speaker sound is way too loud, even on the lowest volume. Yesterday I was trying to fix the muffled sound in headphones, and I did something that worked. I completely forgot what I did though, but my headphones were working and the speaker was still normal. Today I turned...
  4. How do you get rid of the Windows 10 Sound slider bar?

How do you get rid of the Windows 10 Sound slider bar?: The volume slider/sound source bar in the top left of the screen is locked in place and doesn't disappear until I pause all programmes making sound. Is there a way to minimise or close this? Cheers. submitted by /u/DaveyBold [link] [comments]...
  5. My Bluetooth speakers stutter/cut out when the music/sound is very quiet

My Bluetooth speakers stutter/cut out when the music/sound is very quiet: Seems to be some sort of power saving feature? I don't want it. Using a Grundig DTR6000 speaker/radio. submitted by /u/chimp73 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/je8aqz/my_bluetooth_speakers_stuttercut_out_when_the/
  6. no sound at all

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound at all: I tried to play video or music on my laptop using laptop speaker but no sound at all, I had tried to reinstall all driver but still no sound, services running for windows audio and audio end point builder and I had tried to stop and restart many times, when I tried...
  7. Unable to open startup menu, sound and other configs on toolbar menu + unable to click and...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open startup menu, sound and other configs on toolbar menu + unable to click and...: I'm unable to open the start up menu, sound, and other config menu on the tool bar. In addition, I'm unable to open certain menu options. For example, I was unable to open the command prompt with admin rights. what can I do to resolved these issues? Thanks....
  8. My sound and video playback stops working randomly at the same time when i open and close...

My sound and video playback stops working randomly at the same time when i open and close...: this issue happens all the time i have to restart my computer so many times a day because of it. i have reinstalled my audio drivers but it still happens and my sound breaks along with video playback the most when i open uplay, xbox app and epic games and when im...
  9. Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep

Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep: Hi, I have an issue where sound stop whenever my monitor goes to sleep or back. For example, I'm listening to some stone cold heavy metal on Spotify, screen goes to sleep, sound stops for 2-3 seconds, then comes back. When I move my mouse or press a key on my keyboard to...
  10. sound service stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sound service stopped working: hello, someone had messed with my computer and now the audio service is now stuck on 'stopping' and the other audio endpoint builder service has stopped and does not start, I've tried to restart my computer but that didn't work, is there a way to start it up again....