Windows 10: How to get sound back on

Discus and support How to get sound back on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Lenovo laptop was running fine until, then the next day It had no sound for watching videos. I have sound while playing my games online, but not for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnneWatson222, Oct 18, 2020.

1. How to get sound back on

My Lenovo laptop was running fine until, then the next day It had no sound for watching videos. I have sound while playing my games online, but not for the videos online. Can anyone please advise me in layman's instructions how to get the sound back on.

Thanks in advance.

:)

AnneWatson222, Oct 18, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue How to get sound back on :p

cadaveca, Oct 18, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 18, 2020
  4. How to get sound back on

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

How to get sound back on

1. How to get sound back on - Similar Threads - sound

2. Help no mic sounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help no mic sounds: Help no mic sounds Hello, I have a problem here regarding no mic sounds. Actually, this may be a bit confusing but bear with me. I have a quality mic(main) and Bm800(extra), cable (3.5mm to XLR female) black (main, but I think it's broken) and red (new) My mic got cut off...
  3. How to use PowerShell to modify sound volume?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use PowerShell to modify sound volume?: Hi, everyone I hope to use PowerShell command code to modify speaker sound volume to maximum. Do anyone know the command code? Thanks a lot. Note: I hope to use PowerShell to modify SndVol.exe to max sound volume such as the picture as attached. [img] 167181
  4. Video Export Sound Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video Export Sound Issues: I've been trying to export a video from windows 10 video editor into my video files but every time the video finishes exporting there is no sound. Not in the speakers or headphones. The sound plays in video editor but not once it's been exported. It's happened 3 times in row...
  5. Google meet link not working- No sound and no presentation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google meet link not working- No sound and no presentation: I bought a new hp laptop with windows 10.There is a problem that google meet link is not working properly that no voice and presentation is not coming but my speakers have no fault .I want to sort it out so that i can use my laptop. * Moved from IE other/Windows other *...
  6. i cant get the output sound to work after connecting an external mic

i cant get the output sound to work after connecting an external mic: i cant get the output sound to work after connecting an external mic. All the drivers seem to be up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-the-output-sound-to-work-after/6a72ac95-875e-4611-8873-52eda1853aa7
  7. Sound

Sound: My computer is a laptop with up to date drivers just recently it started refusing to recognize that my onboard speakers existed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound/f9069c05-07a2-43e3-90a5-0d44c9e958b0
  8. How to log when Windows makes a specific sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to log when Windows makes a specific sound: Hey everyone, We are looking for a way to log whenever Windows makes a specific sound. Here is our situation: We have a VIRAlert 2 thermal camera plugged in to our Windows desktop. This camera looks for high temperature readings and sends the data back to a program on the...
  9. everyone can hear my pc sound when I use the mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    everyone can hear my pc sound when I use the mic: Every time I chat with somebody through my mic they can hear all of my pc sounds and that is not because the sound is too loud. I plugged in an old mic that doesn't work anymore and my chat partner can still hear my pc sound. how can I solve this? submitted by...
  10. My speaker makes a echoey sound

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My speaker makes a echoey sound: for example when I am typing it echos and I hear it coming out of the speaker please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-speaker-makes-a-echoey-sound/0ccc731a-50a2-4203-9218-989879a180b6