Windows 10: How to get sound back on

Discus and support How to get sound back on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Lenovo laptop was running fine until, then the next day It had no sound for watching videos. I have sound while playing my games online, but not for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnneWatson222, Oct 18, 2020.

1. How to get sound back on

My Lenovo laptop was running fine until, then the next day It had no sound for watching videos. I have sound while playing my games online, but not for the videos online. Can anyone please advise me in layman's instructions how to get the sound back on.

Thanks in advance.

:)

AnneWatson222, Oct 18, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue How to get sound back on :p

cadaveca, Oct 18, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Oct 18, 2020
  4. How to get sound back on

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

How to get sound back on

1. How to get sound back on - Similar Threads - sound

2. Intel smart sound technology OED driver error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel smart sound technology OED driver error: Hi, I have a HP Elitebook 830 G6 and the sound doesn't work. Has a red X over it in the taskbar. I've tried the troubleshooter but it doesn't resolve the problem. When I go into the device manager the driver: Intel smart sound technology OED has a yellow exclamation sign...
  3. Sound decreases after shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound decreases after shutdown: Hi, I have a question about a minor issue with a new Windows 10 laptop that I bought last month. If I turn my volume to say 20 then restart or shutdown the laptop, the volume is always 1 less than what it was. So 20 would be 19 or 30 would be 29. Like I say it's a minor...
  4. Monitor won’t go to sleep with wired headset connected (USB sound card)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor won’t go to sleep with wired headset connected (USB sound card): So I just got my new Razer BlackShark V2 and I am very happy with it. But I noticed it has no off switch, which is preventing my PC monitor going to sleep. Closing Synapse is not solving it. Once I unplug the USB Sound Card the monitor goes to sleep. I’ve tried all the power...
  5. Issues with sound when using headphones

Issues with sound when using headphones: Hi, recently I got new laptop from brand lenovo. When I started using my heaphones, everything went well for first 2 days, after that when i pluged them there was no sound, system couldnt recognise them (win10). Weird thing is that sometimes I pluged them they function well...
  6. I updated windows 10 and now I have no sound on my Dell laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I updated windows 10 and now I have no sound on my Dell laptop: I need the sound on my laptop. It's gone following updating windows 10, as recommended by a message sent to me by microsoft. I did the question and answer support page. Still no sound. I'm a very senior senior. I need the sound and I need help to get it back....
  7. Access denied by command prompt when trying to opening "Taskbar setting" and "Open sound...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access denied by command prompt when trying to opening "Taskbar setting" and "Open sound...: Idk how could this happend but iam sure i just realize it now when i trying to open Sound setting command prompt open and closing so fast but i manage to get a screenshoot what the command prompt said i was trying to get some fix but i got nothing so here iam asking for a...
  8. Sound Enhancements Not Preserved on Reboot

Sound Enhancements Not Preserved on Reboot: The setting of "Loudness" for my speakers from the Enhanced Tab of my Speakers Properties never stays enabled after a reboot. Is there a way to keep it enabled by default when I reboot my computer? [img] 167019
  9. The upgrade to version 2004 destroyed all Sound

The upgrade to version 2004 destroyed all Sound: I have tried all the suggestions i could find with no success. I obtained a Dell Optiplex 990 and had a clean installation of Version 1909, Build 18363.1082 installed. Still no sound. I originally had Realtek Drivers installed. I deleted the installed Realtek drivers and...
  10. my cpu clock speed just broke the sound barrier

my cpu clock speed just broke the sound barrier: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TareqP [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgr7hi/my_cpu_clock_speed_just_broke_the_sound_barrier/