Windows 10: How to get support from microsoft?

Discus and support How to get support from microsoft? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; With the recent update in windows, I can not longer share printers. I've gone through all the trouble shooting steps. The problem is windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichardBurton3, Nov 13, 2018.

1. How to get support from microsoft?

With the recent update in windows, I can not longer share printers. I've gone through all the trouble shooting steps. The problem is windows 10. I've reached out to microsoft several times and they aren't taking ownership. I've lost 2 computers with previous updates. Most recently, they acknowledged the problem was related to updates and had me take computer into a store. Instead of resolving my problem, they offered me a discount on a new computer. Where is ownership and accountability?

The only reason I'm complaining in the community is because when I try to call customer support - I'm continually getting a run around. No ownership, no resolution. I've managed multi-million dollar contracts with Windows - and you'd think they would care for financial reasons. I'd appreciate any coaching on how I can get microsoft to be responsive and get my latest problem resolved.

:)

RichardBurton3, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 13, 2018
  3. B3 Phenom support

I checked gigabyte's site on my GA-M57 and it didn't say anything about b3 stepping update, but all of the x3 chips are b3 steppings, so just use the x3 support bios if available.

OzzmanFloyd120, Nov 13, 2018
  4. curatia Win User

How to get support from microsoft?

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

How to get support from microsoft?

1. How to get support from microsoft? - Similar Threads - support microsoft

2. Why is Microsoft Support, so RACIST & OBSTINATE?Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft Support, so RACIST & OBSTINATE?Windows: I have been trying for the PAST TWO WEEKS to install Windows 11 Pro, on a 2TB hard disc drive, that I have in my HP 17-by0026ds laptop computer. I purchased the 64-Bit OEM DVD of Windows 11 Pro, which I loaded into the my computer's DVD drive, and followed all of the provided...
  3. Why is Microsoft Support, so RACIST & OBSTINATE?Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft Support, so RACIST & OBSTINATE?Windows: I have been trying for the PAST TWO WEEKS to install Windows 11 Pro, on a 2TB hard disc drive, that I have in my HP 17-by0026ds laptop computer. I purchased the 64-Bit OEM DVD of Windows 11 Pro, which I loaded into the my computer's DVD drive, and followed all of the provided...
  4. How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?: How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?Microsoft Support Community You have a reply to a question...
  5. How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?: How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?Microsoft Support Community You have a reply to a question...
  6. How do you turn off notifications for replies to questions in Microsoft support community?

7. Microsoft Support Never Called me back after raising many service requests

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Support Never Called me back after raising many service requests: Microsoft Support Never Called me back after raising many service requestsmicrophone not plugges in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-support-never-called-me-back-after/dc44cf57-71e5-4fe1-9814-1ce1316512c0
  8. Microsoft Support Never Called me back after raising many service requests

Microsoft Support Never Called me back after raising many service requests: Microsoft Support Never Called me back after raising many service requestsmicrophone not plugges in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-support-never-called-me-back-after/dc44cf57-71e5-4fe1-9814-1ce1316512c0
  9. Microsoft Support Never Called me back after raising many service requests

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Why microsoft support so bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why microsoft support so bad: Hello,I had an microsoft account in 2019, that account got banned. I asked for my info back, they couldn’t because i ga e all my personal information and jt didn’t match my account. I created a new account, 1 year later jt got blocked, i asked why wouldn’t give me the reason....