Windows 10: How to get system to show idiot box when I delete a file?

Discus and support How to get system to show idiot box when I delete a file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the opposite way of how the system handles me trying to delete an EXE file, now the system just goes ahead and deletes without the standard idiot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by swampwiz, Aug 8, 2015.

1. swampwiz Win User

How to get system to show idiot box when I delete a file?

In the opposite way of how the system handles me trying to delete an EXE file, now the system just goes ahead and deletes without the standard idiot box asking me if I am sure I want to delete the file. This is quite dangerous as the Delete menu item on the context menu can sometimes be actuated accidentally, without me even knowing about it! *Eek

:)

swampwiz, Aug 8, 2015

2. When I startup windows 10, I get a password box. How can I get rid of it.

No, No, No, It was the same as the windows password, But it drives me nuts, I am using the same computer now , when I start up this computer before It gets to windows password or even before it gets to the F2 or F12 proms window a Blue tag pops-up asking
    for a password ...

wehenderson, Aug 8, 2015
  3. GrJer#1 Win User
    When I startup windows 10, I get a password box. How can I get rid of it.

Thanks for your help but I was never able to input anything between the startup screen and the startup of windows. The Microsoft tech spent over two hours trying to get rid of the password requirement without success. The tech's recommendation was for
    me to contact the vendor for a refund.

Totally frustrated, I finally got access by holding down the F12 key while I started the computer. To my surprise, I was presented with six choices to try. I selected "return the system to previous state". After many circles I was returned to my original
    start screen with the graphical password picture and I was able to recover my computer without any problems. I don't understand how this problem happened or how it was solved but I thank my Lord for inspiring me to hold down that F12 Key. Just never give
    up!

GrJer#1, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Right click an empty space in Recycle Bin folder, choose Properties, highlight the appropriate drive and check mark the 'Display delete confirmation dialog' box, click Apply, click OK.

Edwin, Aug 8, 2015
  5. tinmar49 Win User
    I've just followed the instructions as a precaution, thanks for the tip.

tinmar49, Aug 8, 2015
  6. rezpower Win User
    This was already disabled in windows 7. I find it logical as the files go to recycle bin. So if a file get deleted by mistake you can always restore it. If you disable recycle bin then "'Display delete confirmation dialog" would make sens and should be turned on.

rezpower, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get system to show idiot box when I delete a file? - Similar Threads - system show idiot

2. How to delete system file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete system file: Have a .sys file left after removing application. How do I delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-system-file/16286353-0324-4fc8-8fa5-26cc6d28230b
  3. How to delete system file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete system file: Have a .sys file left after removing application. How do I delete it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-system-file/16286353-0324-4fc8-8fa5-26cc6d28230b
  4. System not showing password box anymore

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    System not showing password box anymore: I dont know what I did but now I cant sign in to computer since the password box is not showing. I dont have sign in options button as well so I cant do anything in the sign in page. Please help me I need it bad...
  5. System not showing password box anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System not showing password box anymore: I dont know what I did but now I cant sign in to computer since the password box is not showing. I dont have sign in options button as well so I cant do anything in the sign in page. Please help me I need it bad...
  6. System not showing password box anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to show the full details in Delete File confirmation dialog box in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to show the full details in Delete File confirmation dialog box in Windows 10: [ATTACH]While deleting a file, Windows 10 shows various details such as file name, file type, file location, etc., when it asks you Are you sure […] This article How to show the full details in Delete File confirmation dialog box in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  8. I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I get this dialogue box when I try to delete these file folders.: I am the admin for my computer, but it says I need to provide Admin permission??? I hit continue, but nothing happens.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-this-dialogue-box-when-i-try-to-delete-these/20a90bbc-f5b4-4293-83a8-9001199f2332
  9. How do I delete files on system volume information?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete files on system volume information?: [img] I have about 58GB unneeded data trapped in "system volume information>file protector" and im not able to delete it. Things I have tried so far: 1. deleting every system restore and even turning it off. 2. Disabled acronis data protection and even uninstalled it. and a...
  10. How do i delete system files on other HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do i delete system files on other HDD?: i just installed windows 10 onto my first SSD (Made it my master drive) and i'd like to delete every file and folder on my old HDD except the one in which all my games are installed (Not program files its a folder labeled "Games" in the root directory). But i keep needing...