Windows 10: How to get the Everyone permission for the file in Mobile-Hard-Disk ?

Discus and support How to get the Everyone permission for the file in Mobile-Hard-Disk ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, thanks for you to spend some time in focusing on this issue! Today, I find a problem about my data-file in Mobile-Hard-Disk. About a 2G size... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bowang233, Sep 26, 2020.

1. bowang233 Win User

How to get the Everyone permission for the file in Mobile-Hard-Disk ?

Hi, thanks for you to spend some time in focusing on this issue!

Today, I find a problem about my data-file in Mobile-Hard-Disk. About a 2G size file I can't open it because itis encrypted that is showed in Advanced properties.The terrible thing is that I can't do anything on this filelike copy, move, decrypt it except delete or modify suffix name because I was told I haven't theEveryone-permission! There is a small yellow lock symbol above the file symbol

I try to modify the Everyone permission on this file but there is noSecurity-Attribute showing in file properties window and the reason that I think maybe the storage type of the Mobile-Hard-Disk is exFAT or ?

So, in this case, how to gain back theEveryone-permission on this file? This file is important for me and if you have some idea about this issue please contact me as soon as possible!

How to get the Everyone permission for the file in Mobile-Hard-Disk ? 138565c8-2bdf-4609-b8f4-af3851a275cb?upload=true.jpg How to get the Everyone permission for the file in Mobile-Hard-Disk ? 1721f78f-93dd-47c4-8bfc-7934482e5e7d?upload=true.jpg

How to get the Everyone permission for the file in Mobile-Hard-Disk ? 36c12bc8-7353-4119-a19a-fa9bdf67fd40?upload=true.png

:)

bowang233, Sep 26, 2020

2. External Hard disk contents are not visible.

Hi Pranoti,

For us to narrow down your concern with your external hard disk, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you hear any clicking sound when connecting your hard disk?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update all your device driver.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 26, 2020
  3. No permission to save on my hard disk.

Hello Colton,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue we need more information. Let us know the following:

• What is the error message/error code which you receive while trying to save pictures to My Pictures on your HDD? Mention the complete and exact error message/code.

• Where – which location – are you trying to save/download the pictures from?

Permissions are rules associated with objects on a computer or network, such as files and folders. Permissions determine whether you can access an object and what you can do with it.

Refer to the suggestion by Anil Kumar B from the following link and check if it helps.

Default Security Permissions for Windows 8 Pro

(Applied to Windows 10 also.)

You may also refer to the following article for more information:

Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders

in Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670/en-us

(Applied to Windows 10 also.)

Check if the above steps work; and send us the information requested above.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Sep 26, 2020
  4. How to get the Everyone permission for the file in Mobile-Hard-Disk ?

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

How to get the Everyone permission for the file in Mobile-Hard-Disk ?

1. How to get the Everyone permission for the file in Mobile-Hard-Disk ? - Similar Threads - Everyone permission file

2. Unable to Transfer Files from External Hard Drive - Permission from "Everyone" Required

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Transfer Files from External Hard Drive - Permission from "Everyone" Required: I transferred files onto an external hard drive from a work computer before being given a new computer. The old computer was a Dell running Windows 10, and the new computer is also a Dell running Windows 10. The hard drive is formatted with the exFAT file system. When I try...
  3. How to get permission to remove a USB hard drive safely?

How to get permission to remove a USB hard drive safely?: This problem has recurred in various Windows systems since XP, occasionally solved temporarily and then reoccurring. When I click on the icon in the notification are to safely remove hardware, and select the USB bridge that has a hard drive connected, Windows denies...
  4. Need permission from Everyone to make changes to this file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need permission from Everyone to make changes to this file: I recently reinstalled Windows and am having permission problems with files on external drives. I have tried changing the ownership of the drives to Everyone (also tried with Admin), and I've set permissions and auditing Everyone with full control for the drive and for the...
  5. get file permissions

get file permissions: Is there any easy way to get the permissions associatied with a directory using Python? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-file-permissions/11362785-023c-435c-b577-7cb103e81e43
  6. Svrhost, permissions granted to everyone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Svrhost, permissions granted to everyone: “Svchost” getting a ton of theses showing in task manager as well as permissions for security managment granted to, EVERYONE, RESTRICTED, ALL RESTRICTED APPLICATION PACKAGES, ACCOUNT UNKNOWN s-1-15-3-1024-etc...... Im almost certain that somehow remotely or wirelessly...
  7. Windows 10 не видит Mobile Hard Disks

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 не видит Mobile Hard Disks: Windows 10 не видит Mobile Hard Disks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-%D0%BD%D0%B5/2f3684ec-a824-488c-97df-4db4a037fb44
  8. Should "Everyone" have full permissions ?

Should "Everyone" have full permissions ?: Hello, I am having some trouble understanding network share permissions. I think I screwed by default settings up. I want to give read-only access to a folder so my family members can access my photos, videos etc on the LAN. I don't want to give write permissions for...
  9. Mobile hard disk

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mobile hard disk: My computer has a USB icon in the arrow in the lower right corner, but I can't find any USB in this computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-hard-disk/696ac1fc-17ad-478e-a471-5bb4bfdc1082
  10. You require permission from everyone to make changes to this file

You require permission from everyone to make changes to this file: I cant copy a file from a cd drive and the one solution I've seen doesn't work as this file doesn't have a security tab under properties https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-require-permission-from-everyone-to-make/d0c54115-9ce5-474e-ad16-74d2024e2d4e"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. you require permission from everyone windows 10