Windows 10: How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...

Discus and support How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When File Explorer opens a folder, it sorts all folders and files inside in an order according to the settings of that folder. How to get the list of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Username_OK, Jun 3, 2023.

1. How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...

When File Explorer opens a folder, it sorts all folders and files inside in an order according to the settings of that folder. How to get the list of all folders and files or at least of files only sorted in the same order? Not meaning just to look the list in the interface of File Explorer, it is an evident way. Meaning to get the list for further processing. For example, to a text file.

:)

Username_OK, Jun 3, 2023
  2. CmdrKeene Win User

file/folder sort order

Yeah they can't be sorted amongst the other non-folder items, the folders will either be above or below the list of other things, but never mixed betwixt them.

CmdrKeene, Jun 3, 2023
  3. cereberus Win User
    Sorting with File Explorer.

I tried the method that was complicated (3rd option) but fell over in second step as I could not find any "apply to folder button"'.

However, the simple put *.* in search bar, then sort results windows by date does the trick. It is slightly cumbersome as I have to do that each time I am selecting files (to upload to sharepoint) but a lot less hassle than I was having to scroll up and down between sorted file block and sorted folder block.

Many thanks.

M.

cereberus, Jun 3, 2023
  4. LeGoo Win User

How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...

Sorting files and folders by size

I tried to sort my SD card by size, and it made absolutely no sense. it reallocated all the files (not in a folder ) at the top, and the folder arrangements were not in size order, the first folder on the list were 6.62MB and the last were 632MB, but there
    are folders with 15GB of content in between. if anyone knows anything about sorting out my view, please help me out here.

LeGoo, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...

1. How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in... - Similar Threads - list files folder

2. Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer: I have file explorer win 11. I have been downloading photos from IPhone to PC Win 11. When I do it, I save to a new folder say 2024-04-14. When open "Pictures" in File Explorer the folders are sorted by date numerically just as I would expect- but Pictures tab, at top left...
  3. Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer: I have file explorer win 11. I have been downloading photos from IPhone to PC Win 11. When I do it, I save to a new folder say 2024-04-14. When open "Pictures" in File Explorer the folders are sorted by date numerically just as I would expect- but Pictures tab, at top left...
  4. How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?

How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?: How to view photos in Windows 11 in the same order as they are sorted in a folder?Now when I double-click some .jpg-file in Windows 11 Explorer, It opens the photo in Windows Photos App. The problem or issue is when I click the arrow to see the previous or next photo, the...
  5. How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...: When File Explorer opens a folder, it sorts all folders and files inside in an order according to the settings of that folder. How to get the list of all folders and files or at least of files only sorted in the same order? Not meaning just to look the list in the interface...
  6. How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...

How to get the list of all files in a folder sorted in the same order they are sorted in...: When File Explorer opens a folder, it sorts all folders and files inside in an order according to the settings of that folder. How to get the list of all folders and files or at least of files only sorted in the same order? Not meaning just to look the list in the interface...
  7. file/folder sort order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file/folder sort order: win 10 file explorer sort order by date is always folders first.i prefer order by date, regardless of folder, shortcut or file...OR folders last, by datei think there is a date column select, then a secondary SHIFT column select... but.... i cant find it...
  8. file/folder sort order

file/folder sort order: win 10 file explorer sort order by date is always folders first.i prefer order by date, regardless of folder, shortcut or file...OR folders last, by datei think there is a date column select, then a secondary SHIFT column select... but.... i cant find it...
  9. file/folder sort order

10. File explorer sort all folders/directories the same

File explorer sort all folders/directories the same: All i want to do is to sort all directories across windows 10 the same as a directory I have already sorted the way I want all of them to look like. In other words i have manually sorted a directory the way i want all of them across my computer to look like. Seems like I've...