Windows 10: How to get the Lock Screen to randomly pick images from a folder?

Discus and support How to get the Lock Screen to randomly pick images from a folder? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know there is a slideshow option but it always seems to start on the same image which is no good for a lock screen that's there for about 5 seconds.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HansJobb, Mar 8, 2020.

1. How to get the Lock Screen to randomly pick images from a folder?

I know there is a slideshow option but it always seems to start on the same image which is no good for a lock screen that's there for about 5 seconds.

Is there a way to get windows to randomly pick an image, from a folder, each time I log on?

submitted by /u/HansJobb
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HansJobb, Mar 8, 2020
  2. pepanee Win User

Load A Random Lock Screen Image From Folder

Hello, so I am curious if there's a method to have the computer pick a random Lock Screen image from a folder with pictures.
    Is there a 3rd party program that can do this? I was thinking of maybe somehow making a Macro using Macro Express to run the macro when the computer Logs Off or Shuts Down, so the next time it loads, it will pick a random picture... BUT this process is tedious and may take a lot of time to make/figure out.

So let me explain. Don't get me wrong, I love my Lock Screen image so much! (I attached an image of my Lock Screen). But maybe every time I load the computer up, it will load another one of my favorite pictures. That would be very nice. But keep in mind that this is Different than the Lock Screen Slideshow. The Lock Screen Slideshow loads when the computer is idle, and I don't want to change anything with that.

As you can see in the attached picture, every time I'm at the screen with my account name & password box, I see this picture. I love seeing this picture all the time, don't get me wrong. But it would be nice to see another randomly picked image from a select few images from a folder.

Thanks

How to get the Lock Screen to randomly pick images from a folder? [​IMG]

pepanee, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Feature Request: Random change of lock screen image from folder

Windows 10

On Settings, Lock Screen, Background:

Add: "Picture (randomly change)"

Config:

• When "Picture (randomly change)" is selected, add "Choose Album for your random picture selection." (much like the current 'Slideshow' option Album selection).
    • Another option could be how often to change:
      • Daily
      • Every x hours
      • Every Lock Screen (new image for each lock screen)
    Currently: When a user tires of the same Lock Screen image, they manually change it.

Request: For "Picture (randomly change)", select a different image from the selected / configured Album. Each time the user is presented with a Lock Screen, they see a different image from the Album. The system would select the image from
    the album randomly.

Notes: This is not a request to replace the Slideshow option. For this new option, when the Lock Screen is viewed, the image would remain static (not change) until the next Lock Screen (after logging on to a Windows session and subsequently
    coming back to the Lock Screen by one of several mechanisms, whether it be for the home user or the corporate energy saving policy member.

Also, this would be a much more energy efficient option than the Slideshow option, since it would just select a single image and the monitor would still power down per the Power settings just like the standard "Picture" option. It merely displays a different
    image each time (or on a scheduled basis) the Lock Screen is invoked.

So this allows a user to display their own images, their favorite images, etc. over time without a) using a Lock Screen slideshow, and b) also having a desktop Screen Saver configured. On that last point: Windows 10 currently does not allow there to be
    a Lock Screen Slideshow configured simultaneously with a Desktop Screen Saver configured. This new option would appease to the users that are unhappy with that restriction.

Chris

NotASpeckOfCereal, Mar 8, 2020
  4. pepanee Win User

How to get the Lock Screen to randomly pick images from a folder?

Load A Random Lock Screen Image From Folder

Here's a few more images that I may want to have as the Lock Screen. (As you can see, I like to pick quality in images)

pepanee, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

How to get the Lock Screen to randomly pick images from a folder?

1. How to get the Lock Screen to randomly pick images from a folder? - Similar Threads - Lock Screen randomly

2. Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Image: Hello. I have a silly question. On my new laptop, when powering on, or when the screen locked, I saw a nice landscape background. After one of the last Windows 11 updates, I now see a blue swirl background image. I tried to find where I could change the settings to resume the...
  3. lock screen images

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen images: How can I know the location of the images on the lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-images/bcfcb866-1912-4b76-8752-3c7ad9d874e6
  4. Looking for an random image picking program.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for an random image picking program.: I'm looking for a Windows 10 supported program that searches through a folder for a specific amount of pictures and displays them. More specifically, I'm creating digital trading cards as images and need a program that can emulate opening packs of cards. If something exists...
  5. lock screen image

lock screen image: I can not change my lock screen image. it says, some of these settings are hidden or controlled by your organization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-image/07ce1f84-20f7-4187-a962-1fbf629e311c
  6. Lock screen image

Lock screen image: Im trying to set a personal photo as my lock screen, windows 10, lenovo 730, but it is expanding to fit the whole screen, making it a pointless picture. Is it possible to just set the photo sized as it is with a black background, so it isnt wide screen?...
  7. Random Lock Screen Image Chooser

Random Lock Screen Image Chooser: Hello, So I've posted about something similar to this in the past, yet there was no solution. I'm hoping that now, after a year, maybe this 'idea' exists. So I'm looking for an app that can choose a random image, from a folder of 10 images for example, to load as the...
  8. Load A Random Lock Screen Image From Folder

Load A Random Lock Screen Image From Folder: Hello, so I am curious if there's a method to have the computer pick a random Lock Screen image from a folder with pictures. Is there a 3rd party program that can do this? I was thinking of maybe somehow making a Macro using Macro Express to run the macro when the computer...
  9. How to stop lock screen images from changing?

How to stop lock screen images from changing?: New to 10 and lots to learn! Lock Screen Images - I don't like 'em and how to stop them from being changed? Lock screen, there's a screen with an image where I click on an icon in the lower right hand corner of my monitor screen and that takes me to the next screen...
  10. Random Lock Screen Image

Random Lock Screen Image: Hello, I'm wondering if anyone knows of anyone who has made this program yet? Say I have 10 images that I really like, and every time I go to the Lock Screen in Windows 10, a random one of those ten images will be loaded as my Lock Screen image. I already have a...