Windows 10: How to get the number lock to stay on during start up.

Discus and support How to get the number lock to stay on during start up. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Many people had this question and I was unable to answer it because the question was locked. So to @FannyFanakan I think that was your name this is how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StefanieCG, Mar 4, 2021.

1. How to get the number lock to stay on during start up.

Many people had this question and I was unable to answer it because the question was locked. So to @FannyFanakan I think that was your name this is how you do it.

1. A. Go in to the search bar and type command prompt...just below the result you will see run as administrator. Click that.

1. B. Type the password you use to unlock your computer if necessary.

2. In the command prompt box type regedit and press enter. This will open another screen.

3. Scroll to the bottom of this other screen until you see HKEY_USERS click the arrow beside it to show a lot of folders under this particular name.

4. Then click the arrow next to .DEFAULT and again a lot of folders will appear.

5. Then click the arrow next to CONTROL PANEL and again a lot of folders will appear.

6. Scroll down down until you see KEYBOARD and double click it. You will then see in a screen next to this main one four options.

7. Double click INITIALKEYBOARDINDICATORS.

8. A dialogue box will appear with an option to change a number from 2147483648. Change the last 2 digits from 48 to 50. OR change the entire number from 2147483648 to just the number 2.

9. You should know right away if it will accept the change if the INITIALKEYBOARDINDICATORS accepts the change in the numbers you provided.

10. Close everything and restart your computer.

This should work.

I hope that helps everyone and that it wasn't too confusing.

Good luck to everyone!

:)

StefanieCG, Mar 4, 2021
  2. wjay Win User

Number Lock

I have now tried every fix suggested on here from fast boot to reg changes and nothing works , number lock stays off after shutdown .

wjay, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Number Lock doesn't stay on!!!

I updated from Windows 8.1to 10 and my Number Locked STAYED on in 8.1 but doesn't stay on in 10.

happyhomemaker, Mar 4, 2021
  4. How to get the number lock to stay on during start up.

Number Lock doesn't stay on!!!

I guess I did not word my problem correctly. After logging on, and turning number lock on, it works until I restart or turn off computer. I then have to manually turn number lock back on. I have a wired keyboard but that has absolutely nothing to do with
    the number lock not staying on. I had tech help with this problem and they said it is Windows 10 problem. Can anyone help me????

happyhomemaker, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

How to get the number lock to stay on during start up.

1. How to get the number lock to stay on during start up. - Similar Threads - number lock stay

2. Windows locking up on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows locking up on start up: This ones a bit of a head scratcher. A couple days ago I got a BSOD with a "page error in nonpaged file" type error and on restart, Windows is now locking up a few seconds onto the loading wheel.I have tried reseating bot RAM modules in all slots, reseating my CPU, and...
  3. Can not get programmes in the start up folder to start during start up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not get programmes in the start up folder to start during start up...: Hello all, I've been searching for a solution to this, I have three programmes in my "everyone" start up folder - one of them starts every time, the other two do not.If I switch them to "enabled" in the task manager start up window, they will start on a restart, but after a...
  4. Can not get programmes in the start up folder to start during start up...

Can not get programmes in the start up folder to start during start up...: Hello all, I've been searching for a solution to this, I have three programmes in my "everyone" start up folder - one of them starts every time, the other two do not.If I switch them to "enabled" in the task manager start up window, they will start on a restart, but after a...
  5. Can not get programmes in the start up folder to start during start up...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Pin number start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin number start up: The screen to enter my pin number does not populate after starting up my computer. I get the startup screen with picture/time/date, but when you click to get to the next screen to enter your pin, everything freezes. I can't even control-alt-delete my way out of this. A hard...
  7. Pin number start up

Pin number start up: The screen to enter my pin number does not populate after starting up my computer. I get the startup screen with picture/time/date, but when you click to get to the next screen to enter your pin, everything freezes. I can't even control-alt-delete my way out of this. A hard...
  8. How to remove skype for business during start up

How to remove skype for business during start up: Hi, I already put the skype for business to off position so as the app does not appear during start ups. I was wondering if you have another way of putting off skype for business app during start ups. Thanks, 172707
  9. How to remove skype for business during start up

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove skype for business during start up: Hi, I already put the skype for business to off position so as the app does not appear during start ups. I was wondering if you have another way of putting off skype for business app during start ups. Thanks, 172707
  10. how to I turn the number lock key to stay on at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to I turn the number lock key to stay on at startup: Every time I shut down my computer, the number lock turns off. When I start up my PC every day, is there an option that automatically will turn my number lock key on on my wireless keyboard?...