Windows 10: How to get the old about:config page back in Firefox

Discus and support How to get the old about:config page back in Firefox in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is helpful if you don't really like the new About:config page in Firefox, and want the previous compact one back. about:config in the URL box... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by f14tomcat, Feb 14, 2020.

1. f14tomcat Win User

How to get the old about:config page back in Firefox

This is helpful if you don't really like the new About:config page in Firefox, and want the previous compact one back.

about:config in the URL box currently gives the redesigned page:

First.....

How to get the old about:config page back in Firefox [​IMG]

then you have to click Show All to get

Instead of using about:config in the URL, use chrome://global/content/config.xhtml

gets you the old one:

Source: https://www.askvg.com/tip-how-to-res...VG+%28AskVG%29

:)

f14tomcat, Feb 14, 2020

2. FireFox

That's why I suggested this for starters, for the issue you report:How to get the old about:config page back in Firefox :)

Firefox - Profile in Use

Scroll down on that page to the "Solutions" section.
    The easiest way is to open the Windows Task Manager and to kill the Firefox process from there.
    If that does not work, then proceed to the next steps in that tutorial: remove the "profile lock" file, etc.

Please let us know how that goes.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 14, 2020
  3. EarthDog Win User
    ASUS Radeon R9 380X Strix 4GB

I believe he does that...

EarthDog, Feb 14, 2020
  4. How to get the old about:config page back in Firefox

Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

How to get the old about:config page back in Firefox

1. How to get the old about:config page back in Firefox - Similar Threads - old config page

2. How to get the old photo editor back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get the old photo editor back?: After the Photos app updated to the new useless one I installed the Legacy Photos app. This still has the new useless editor though. How can I get the old editor back?...
  3. How to get the old photo editor back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get the old photo editor back?: After the Photos app updated to the new useless one I installed the Legacy Photos app. This still has the new useless editor though. How can I get the old editor back?...
  4. How to get back old emails?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get back old emails?: I had no access and activity to my Hotmail account in more than 5 years. I just got access to the account, but I could not find any thing in the email. Alle my data, emails, photos ect. has been lost. Is there any way to get back the contant of my email?...
  5. How to get back old emails?

How to get back old emails?: I had no access and activity to my Hotmail account in more than 5 years. I just got access to the account, but I could not find any thing in the email. Alle my data, emails, photos ect. has been lost. Is there any way to get back the contant of my email?...
  6. How to get back old emails?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How to get my old windows back

How to get my old windows back: I had windows 11. I entered a windows 11 pro key and it didnt work.And windows didnt went back to old windows and kept the old key and shows Activate windows. I cant use my old key too. pls help me...
  8. How to get old Monochrome icons back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get old Monochrome icons back?: I think the Fluent icons look great for 10X, but I just don't like how cartoony and android-like they are on my PC. I liked the simpler black/white ones. Is there an icon pack I can install, or can I even find the icons and if I can how can I change icons for in-box apps?...
  9. How to get back my old hwid?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get back my old hwid?: Hello! I wan't to get back my old hwid because i used a program to bypass a ban in game. But now they did unban all and i wan't to get back my old hwid. How to do it? Someone told me reset will give me back old hwid. I tried system recovery and don't worked. So how to get old...
  10. I keep getting this message about graphics when using Firefox and then the page sometimes...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I keep getting this message about graphics when using Firefox and then the page sometimes...: Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware. Application Firefox.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware.[IMG]...