Windows 10: How to get the old Cortana?

Discus and support How to get the old Cortana? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I haven't used Cortana in years but I decided to try it today. I noticed it looks much simpler and dumbed down. It looks like Microsoft removed a lot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KanyeWestIsTrash, Sep 23, 2020.

1. How to get the old Cortana?

I haven't used Cortana in years but I decided to try it today. I noticed it looks much simpler and dumbed down. It looks like Microsoft removed a lot of it's features? Also when I say "hey cortana" it doesn't respond. It doesn't respond to anything I say unless I manually open the AI. I thought the whole point of the bot was the convenience of being able to handle tasks with your voice. Is there a way to rollback Cortana to an older version?

submitted by /u/KanyeWestIsTrash
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KanyeWestIsTrash, Sep 23, 2020

2. Cortana is not tracking flights automatically after updating the old itinerary

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in Cortana settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable and re-enable Cortana settings in the computer.

• Sign in the computer.
      • Then click on Search bar.
      • In the search box at the bottom, type Cortana & Search settings in the search bar and click on it.
      • Then try to disable Cortana from Windows 10.
      • To re-enable Cortana, you can click inside the Cortana search bar.
      • From the bottom of the left section of the Cortana pane, click the Cortana icon.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

• Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Sep 23, 2020
  4. How to get the old Cortana?

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

How to get the old Cortana?

1. How to get the old Cortana? - Similar Threads - old Cortana

2. does anyone have an old appx of Cortana?

in Cortana
    does anyone have an old appx of Cortana?: Does anyone have an appx for the old 1903 Cortana. If I am correct this version of Cortana was its own app but still looked like the classic Cortana that was integrated into windows 10.old cortana from 1903new cortana from after 1909...
  3. does anyone have an old appx of Cortana?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does anyone have an old appx of Cortana?: Does anyone have an appx for the old 1903 Cortana. If I am correct this version of Cortana was its own app but still looked like the classic Cortana that was integrated into windows 10.old cortana from 1903new cortana from after 1909...
  4. does anyone have an old appx of Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to get Legacy Cortana (Old Cortana) back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to get Legacy Cortana (Old Cortana) back?: [ATTACH] Hi, firstly I want to say, I know this isn't a popular discussion, but after updating to Windows 10 version 20H2, the Cortana features have been useless, I used to be able to tell Cortana to play music, but now it seems that the only few things it can do are add...
  6. How do i get this old cortana search bar? i saw other people with this search bar in 2020

How do i get this old cortana search bar? i saw other people with this search bar in 2020: [IMG] submitted by /u/thedarkelixir [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/igsol2/how_do_i_get_this_old_cortana_search_bar_i_saw/
  7. Anyway to get the old Cortana back?

Anyway to get the old Cortana back?: I just upgraded to version 2004 and got the new Cortana, basally it's sucks and dump and worse than the old one. Playing music was the most important feature to me, the new Cortana doesn't support that sadly :/ Anyway to downgrade Cortana? submitted by /u/Mr_DJA [link]...
  8. Rollback Cortana Beta Windows 10 2004 to old Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rollback Cortana Beta Windows 10 2004 to old Cortana: Hey there, I just need support on how to rollback Cortana beta, to the good old Cortana. I used to use the old Cortana with my Windows 10 1909 update, and it was pretty good, with lots of deep linking features like alarms and times, music control, Alexa, and many more. But...
  9. Help with fully removing old Cortana reminders that I thought I deleted, but are still...

Help with fully removing old Cortana reminders that I thought I deleted, but are still...: Before upgrading to 2004, I had made some repeating reminders in Cortana and deleted them. They still showed up in Calendar long after, and now they're even showing up in the new Cortana, where she says I can only edit them in To Do--except that they're not in To Do and never...
  10. I can't use Cortana, saying that I'm a minor, and i am 20 years old

in Cortana
    I can't use Cortana, saying that I'm a minor, and i am 20 years old: I can't use Cortana, saying that I'm a minor, even if I'm older than 13 When I try to do something as easy as making reminder with Cortana, I am asked to log into my account again. When I tried to, the prompt said that I can't use Cortana because I'm a minor. I'm older than...