Windows 10: How to get the program names to show with the icons when the start button is clicked in...

Discus and support How to get the program names to show with the icons when the start button is clicked in... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to get the program names to show with the icons when the start button is clicked in windows version 1803... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MargoWalker, Jan 12, 2019.

1. How to get the program names to show with the icons when the start button is clicked in...

How to get the program names to show with the icons when the start button is clicked in windows version 1803

:)

MargoWalker, Jan 12, 2019
  2. dehermens Win User

Left Click does nothing on start button

I was having the same problem. Of the five steps you list I tried the third. By going to Full Screen ON and then back to OFF, The menu came up fine when I left clicked. Thanks!

dehermens, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Jump lists do not show on taskbar but do on Start button

I want jump lists on both taskbar and Start button, they are only showing on Start button. I have checked the registry key that controls this attribute and the value is "1" so both should show. The "Show recently opened items... " switch in Settings is set to ON. Something is supressing the jump lists on my Taskbar icons. I do get live thumbnails on the icons but that is all. Right clicking does nothing.

Windows 10 Pro is an upgrade install and did not clean install afterwards. In my opinion not needed. I have run SFC /scannow and got a clean report.

CORRECTION: The Start button is showing the context menu on right click, not the jump list, unless that IS the jump list.

Is the registry key value 1 to show the jump lists?

Cbarnhorst, Jan 12, 2019
  4. How to get the program names to show with the icons when the start button is clicked in...

Unable to view installed programs when i click on the windows icon or type in program name in search box on task bar

I am unable to view installed programs in the program list. When i click on the windows icon or type in program name in search box on task bar, the program doesn't show up. For example, I installed visual studio, launched it, closed it and searched for
    it in using the above steps. Did not show up. I had to re-install it! As a workaround, I either pin these programs to my task bar or create a desktop shortcut during installation. I use Windows 10 Enterprise edition, Surface book, purchased in August 2016

Soumyavijay, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

How to get the program names to show with the icons when the start button is clicked in...

1. How to get the program names to show with the icons when the start button is clicked in... - Similar Threads - program names show

2. Start button not working when clicked on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button not working when clicked on: Start button not working when clicked on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working-when-clicked-on/e525af79-3cc0-4874-bfa4-b893e0b2e911
  3. Start button not working when clicked on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button not working when clicked on: Start button not working when clicked on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working-when-clicked-on/e525af79-3cc0-4874-bfa4-b893e0b2e911
  4. Start button not working when clicked on

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to show Program icon names in Taskbar of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to show Program icon names in Taskbar of Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Taskbar in Windows 10 comes with a lot of customizations. One of those customizations allows you to show/hide texts beside icons in opened windows […] This article How to show Program icon names in Taskbar of Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  6. All of the programs I have listed when I click on the "Start" button

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All of the programs I have listed when I click on the "Start" button: I am just an amateur when it comes to using these computers. I recently purchase a new because Windows 7 is going away big mistake. Anyway I now have Windows 10 and I have a list of god knows how many of what I think they call APPS or something like that. Mt question is:...
  7. windows 10 start button and taskbar buttons "no-show" nothing happens when clicked

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 start button and taskbar buttons "no-show" nothing happens when clicked: i am confused if virus or malware causes this problem, cause nothing happens if i clicked any taskbar buttons including start. windows is updated but still nothing happens. your opinions are highly appreciated...
  8. Incorrect icon when clicking Start button and typing Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Incorrect icon when clicking Start button and typing Settings: When I click the Start button and type "Settings" the Settings icon is incorrect (it shows the IrfanView icon, and doesn't prevent the program from opening). I've tried everything I can think of to fix this, including resetting my IconCache and various other Google research....
  9. Clicking taskbar icon starts wrong program.

Clicking taskbar icon starts wrong program.: I have a Bible program in my taskbar that when I click on it, a popup appears asking if I want to continue installing Office Professional 2003, which is already installed. If I let it run the message pops up that is attached by screen capture. Even if I try to start eSword...
  10. Start > Programs. How to show program name - not manufacturer's name?

Start > Programs. How to show program name - not manufacturer's name?: . I have Windows 10 Pro. I tried to find a seldom-used program using Start > Programs. The search took a long time, because the list of programs contained the manufacturer's name - not the name of the program. Is it possible to edit or modify the entry so that I see...