Windows 10: how to get the shortcut keys working on my asus laptop...? is there a way to activate them?

Discus and support how to get the shortcut keys working on my asus laptop...? is there a way to activate them? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; heya, my shortcut keys such as volume and the like on the laptop keyboard I have aren't working... any help? cheers, Stefan.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StefanDowney1, Oct 18, 2019.

1. how to get the shortcut keys working on my asus laptop...? is there a way to activate them?

heya, my shortcut keys such as volume and the like on the laptop keyboard I have aren't working... any help?

cheers, Stefan.

:)

StefanDowney1, Oct 18, 2019
  2. grecinos Win User

Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Oct 18, 2019
  3. Cheezus99 Win User
    Win 10 upgrade on refurbished ASUS S200E notebook - Activation error code: 0xC004C003 (key blocked)

Basic facts

The upgrade:

• Upgraded a couple of days ago from a properly licensed version of Windows 8.1.
    • Asked during install to input product key; skipped it as didn't have the key to hand.
    • Tried to activate post-upgrade but received error to say key blocked.
    Next steps:

• Contacted ASUS tech support.
    • Told to register laptop online; registered laptop.
    • Then told no service for refurbished laptops so no key.
    Question: on the basis that: (a) MS say that they will upgrade any compatible device running a genuine copy of Win 7 / 8 / 8.1, and (b) my device is compatible, and (c) it was running a genuine copy of Win 8.1,
    then will MS provide me with a key given that ASUS has refused to?

Cheezus99, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

how to get the shortcut keys working on my asus laptop...? is there a way to activate them?

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

how to get the shortcut keys working on my asus laptop...? is there a way to activate them?

1. how to get the shortcut keys working on my asus laptop...? is there a way to activate them? - Similar Threads - shortcut keys working

2. Asus laptop's some Keys Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus laptop's some Keys Not Working: I have an Asus Vivobook X543MA model laptop The "spacebar key", "E key", "3 key", and "Caps Lock Key" are not working, I need to press the key multiple times to perform, I tried reinstalling the keyboard driver and update bios & windows, what to do?...
  3. Asus laptop's some Keys Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus laptop's some Keys Not Working: I have an Asus Vivobook X543MA model laptop The "spacebar key", "E key", "3 key", and "Caps Lock Key" are not working, I need to press the key multiple times to perform, I tried reinstalling the keyboard driver and update bios & windows, what to do?...
  4. how to get my activation product key

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get my activation product key: want to activate my windows 10 education, but not responding.so how can I get the product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-my-activation-product-key/67623ade-9d82-4a10-8945-8b9bffc2626e
  5. how to get my activation product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get my activation product key: want to activate my windows 10 education, but not responding.so how can I get the product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-my-activation-product-key/67623ade-9d82-4a10-8945-8b9bffc2626e
  6. How to get my active product key ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my active product key ?: I have a windos 8 laptop. I lost my product key. How to get my product key ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-my-active-product-key/0c719cc8-e103-44b2-abcf-0209567b1798
  7. How to get my active product key ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get my active product key ?: I have a windos 8 laptop. I lost my product key. How to get my product key ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-my-active-product-key/0c719cc8-e103-44b2-abcf-0209567b1798
  8. Bitlocker activated on my Asus laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker activated on my Asus laptop: my Asus UX461UN which I bought new out of the box about 2 years ago will not boot requesting a Bitlocker code which I never knew I had. None of the options offered in the Bitlocker screen seem to work. I never activated Bitlocker or set it up with a code though my microsoft...
  9. How to get Activation Keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get Activation Keys: Hi, On 28th November i upgrade my windows 10 home edition to windows 10 Pro edition through System--> Activation process. I select windows 10 pro and made the payment and then automatically the upgrade starts but after the up gradation i saw it was not windows 10 pro it was...
  10. How to get Activation Key on PreInstalled Win10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get Activation Key on PreInstalled Win10 Laptop: I have a Lenevo , YOGA710 15IKB series laptop with preinstalled Win10 Home. I want to re-install the Win 10. I have following queries: 1. I don't have Activation Key( probably it already activated when I received the Laptop), so I need that. Where do I get it 2. Need an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the shortcut for the at on a asus laptop

2. asus shortcut keys not working