Windows 10: How to get the tiles to save in Windows 10

Discus and support How to get the tiles to save in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Please help! My daughter has bought a brand new Lenovo Yoga laptop on Saturday, changed all the tiles and pinned her favourites to the start menu. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Chrissy3008, Dec 3, 2018.

1. How to get the tiles to save in Windows 10

Please help!
    My daughter has bought a brand new Lenovo Yoga laptop on Saturday, changed all the tiles and pinned her favourites to the start menu. But then it just reverts back and doesn't save anything.
    We are quite inexperienced on the mechanics of laptops so any dumbed down advice would be appreciated on how to fix it.

This is quite stressful as it is brand new.

:)

Chrissy3008, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Live tiles not working Windows 10

I tried your suggestions, but when I got to the 'Apps & Features' list, none of my tiles were listed.

Thank-you for trying to help.

DorothyFabi, Dec 3, 2018
  4. How to get the tiles to save in Windows 10

Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

How to get the tiles to save in Windows 10

1. How to get the tiles to save in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - tiles save

2. Deleting RSS feed from active Weather tile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting RSS feed from active Weather tile: I have an active weather tile, on two different HP's, one is a tower with Windows 10, the other is a laptop. For some reason the PC tower show what looks like a RSS feed, as opposed to a Weather Alert. When I left click all I get is Microsoft Weather, nothing linked for a...
  3. Weather app tiles do not update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather app tiles do not update: I put multiple tiles of weather app on my Start menu - one for my hometown, others for my favourite places around the world - places I'd like to watch and follow. It used to work before, but some time ago it has stopped working. Only the tile for my current location works (I...
  4. Critical error, tile missing, and taskbar corruption problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical error, tile missing, and taskbar corruption problem: My Windows 10 laptop was working fine until I downloaded the latest version of Firefox... 65.0... and couldn't get on any websites. Found out later that Avast was the culprit, but I had already tried System Restore to see if it would fix the problem. Well, that started a...
  5. Weather app Live Tile and Washington D.C. - what the heck is going on???

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Weather app Live Tile and Washington D.C. - what the heck is going on???: I reinstalled Win10 on my laptop (Home, vers 1809, OS build 17763.253) and since then the Weather app Live Tile in the Start Menu is nonfunctional or it shows the weather for WASHINGTON D.C., despite the fact that I live in Arizona. Also, the weather function on the lock...
  6. Metro apps display blank tiles - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Metro apps display blank tiles - Windows 10: I'm having trouble with the metro icons, in that instead of displaying the icon for the app, its showing nothing but the tile, empty. Its doing it for firefox and chrome, both, and they are the only ones showing this behavior. Here:...
  7. How to copy the tiles on MS 10 so I can move them to another computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to copy the tiles on MS 10 so I can move them to another computer: I would like to be able to locate and copy the MS 10 tiles so I can transfer them to another computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-copy-the-tiles-on-ms-10-so-i-can-move-them/6c058176-7a0a-4354-a159-5b93c1ea032c"
  8. Tile windows vertically with one click in Windows 10

Tile windows vertically with one click in Windows 10: I have multiple monitors and like to tile some emails vertically in the right half of one of the screens. I use Dual Monitor Tools to place the emails in the right half of this screen, but they take up the half-screen from top to bottom. I learned from a post to highlight...
  9. windows 10 pro , how to turn off tile menu and block people from installing apps

windows 10 pro , how to turn off tile menu and block people from installing apps: Hi, For the company computers, I need be able to setup a start menu for all users. I would like to create a short menu (I mean tiles) and all users should get the same menu. If I can't do this , I have to turn off the tiles menu. another problem is I reilized when I...
  10. User account settings corrupt Windows 10 Weather live tile

User account settings corrupt Windows 10 Weather live tile: I noticed this the previous time I installed Windows 10 - after setting up the weather app and selecting my location, there was a message something like "You have changed your settings while signed out. Would you like to merge these settings with your account?" It doesn't...