Windows 10: How to get to automatic repair mode to have the option of reset PC keeping files?

Discus and support How to get to automatic repair mode to have the option of reset PC keeping files? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My windows 10 PC has been BSOD critical process died since the 11th of June Previous post hereSince preforming this in command prompt:bootrec... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Betheny.W, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Betheny.W Win User

How to get to automatic repair mode to have the option of reset PC keeping files?

My windows 10 PC has been BSOD critical process died since the 11th of June Previous post hereSince preforming this in command prompt:bootrec /fixmbrbootrec /fixbootbootsect /nt60 sysbootrec /fixbootbootrec /rebuildbcdbcdboot c:\windowsbootrec /rebuildbcdchkdsk c: /fsfc /scannowMy PC hasn’t been booting up in Automatic Repair mode, instead I get a blue Recovery screen error 0x0000001 with the optionsHow to get to automatic repair mode to have the option of reset PC keeping files? :press enter to try againPress F1 to enter Recovery Environment Press F8 for Startup SettingsPress Esc forUEFI firmware settingsI’ve finally given in to having to resetting my PC only to realis

:)

Betheny.W, Jun 23, 2024
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Windows won't reset or restore, Automatic repair loop

Hi Bruno,

When the Automatic repair fails, we can suggest using the command prompt from Windows 10 Boot Options menu to run bootrec commands to fix the files the Auto Repair couldn't. Here are the steps:

• On the windows Recovery Option, choose Troubleshoot >
      Advanced Options
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Enter the following commands in the Command Prompt:
    • bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot
    Once the repair is done, restart your PC and check if the issue is resolved. Let us know the outcome, so we could provide further assistance as necessary.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Jun 23, 2024
  3. UNI
    Uni Win User
    Critical Service Failed - Automatic Repair and Advanced Options

Update:
    Tried the Repair disk. Still back to "Your pc ran into a problem", "Preparing automatic repair" followed by Advanced Options which have been tried again.

Would anyone recommend:
    • bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot

Otherwise, I have a bootable Win PE file waiting to be burned on to USB key, as suggested by other Forum user, but unsure what to do with it when (or if) it boots up the laptop.

4. Argel Obm Win User

How to get to automatic repair mode to have the option of reset PC keeping files?

Can’t reset or turn back stuck in automatic repair, and after attempts now there is no system administrator on pc.

Hi Joseph,

It is possible that there is an issue with the system files of Windows 10. If you're unable to recover your computer using the different options in the Advanced page of Windows Recovery (WinRe) environment, we suggest resetting your computer and choose either
    to keep your files or remove everything. Resetting your computer will revert the system files of Windows 10 to default and it will address the "stuck in automatic repair" issue. Since you can access the Windows Recovery (WinRe) environment, you can perform
    a reset by performing these steps:

• In WinRe, choose Troubleshoot.
    • Select Reset this PC.
    • Choose Keep my files. Please take note that the programs that you've installed will be removed. You need to re-install the programs again after the reset process.
    • Wait for the reset process to finish.
    • After resetting your computer, kindly observe if you will be able to log-in to the computer.

Let us know the outcome.

Argel Obm, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

1. How to get to automatic repair mode to have the option of reset PC keeping files? - Similar Threads - automatic repair mode

2. How to get to automatic repair mode to have the option of reset PC keeping files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get to automatic repair mode to have the option of reset PC keeping files?: My windows 10 PC has been BSOD critical process died since the 11th of June Previous post hereSince preforming this in command prompt:bootrec /fixmbrbootrec /fixbootbootsect /nt60 sysbootrec /fixbootbootrec /rebuildbcdbcdboot c:\windowsbootrec /rebuildbcdchkdsk c: /fsfc...
  3. How to get to automatic repair mode to have the option of reset PC keeping files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to get to automatic repair mode to have the option of reset PC keeping files?: My windows 10 PC has been BSOD critical process died since the 11th of June Previous post hereSince preforming this in command prompt:bootrec /fixmbrbootrec /fixbootbootsect /nt60 sysbootrec /fixbootbootrec /rebuildbcdbcdboot c:\windowsbootrec /rebuildbcdchkdsk c: /fsfc...
  4. Can get in safe mode or automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can get in safe mode or automatic repair.: Hi So my problem is that I have this blue screen and I tried to fix it by going to the safe mode but I don't know why it's not letting me get in. The automatic repair will not appear and I've tried with pressing the power button 3 times but the automatic repair never appears....
  5. Can get in safe mode or automatic repair.

Can get in safe mode or automatic repair.: Hi So my problem is that I have this blue screen and I tried to fix it by going to the safe mode but I don't know why it's not letting me get in. The automatic repair will not appear and I've tried with pressing the power button 3 times but the automatic repair never appears....
  6. Can get in safe mode or automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Automatic repair mode

Automatic repair mode: Hi Laptop went into automatic repair mode, blue screen came up with A list of options tried a few without luck, then tried to reset laptop & save files & laptop has been stuck on repairing disk errors for 2 days....
  8. Reset This PC -- "Keep my files" option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset This PC -- "Keep my files" option: I was wondering, if you select the "Keep my files" option while resetting the PC, what folders does Windows keep on the laptop? And besides that, does Windows wipe everything else other than those folders? Any help is appreciated! :...
  9. how to fix reset this pc keep enter automatic repair during the reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to fix reset this pc keep enter automatic repair during the reset: When choose reset this pc after 1% it keep enter automatic repair i want to reset this pc because i cant fix high memory i need help how can i fix this issue?...
  10. how to fix reset this pc keep enter automatic repair during the reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to fix reset this pc keep enter automatic repair during the reset: When choose reset this pc after 1% it keep enter automatic repair i want to reset this pc because i cant fix high memory i need help how can i fix this issue?...