Windows 10: How to get to know the current settings for the external display

Discus and support How to get to know the current settings for the external display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a special display whose EDID gives only one modeline. Some lines from the EDID: Identifier "YongXing " ModelName "YongXing "... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by resutoor, Feb 25, 2019.

1. resutoor Win User

How to get to know the current settings for the external display

I have a special display whose EDID gives only one modeline.

Some lines from the EDID:

Identifier "YongXing "

ModelName "YongXing "

VendorName "LZT"

# Monitor Manufactured week 12 of 2017

# EDID version 1.3

Modeline "Mode 8" 147.80 1080 1180 1185 1355 1200 1206 1209 1212 -hsync -vsync

I connect this display with HDMI cable to Windows 10 laptop.

Windows knows perfectly how to use this display. By default it uses the resolution mentioned in the modeline: 1080x1200 90Hz.

When I uncheck "hide modes that this monitor cannot display" from display settings, I can make Windows also use resolutions

800x600 90Hz and 640x480 90Hz.

Is there any way to know how Windows controls the display when it uses these lower resolutions, i.e. what are the modelines that Window sends to the display?

I have tried several tools to tweak the modelines, but without success: Moninfo, Dxdiag, Powerstrip.

Those tools only show the EDID modeline.

:)

resutoor, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Projecting to an external display

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Windows 10.

I understand that you are unable to use external display with windows 10.

This usually occurs if the video driver was not installed properly or not configured correctly.so I would suggest you to reinstall the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Uninstall Display Adapter drivers

I suggest you to uninstall the display drivers and reinstall them in compatibility mode.

To uninstall the driver, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type devmgmt.msc
    • Right click on the driver you want to uninstall
    • Click on Uninstall
    • Restart the system
    After the computer restarts, install the driver in compatibility mode.

• Select the setup file
    • Right click on it and click on
      properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select the operating system
    • Click Ok.
    Hope it helps, do get back to us if you need further assistance with Windows.

Arul_D, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Oct 10, 2019
  4. SoNQ Win User

Projecting to an external display

Hi,

When the computer restarts the driver re-installs its self. and also how would I go about going into compatability mode. Would this be through internet explorer?

Any insite on this would be a great help.

Best Regards,

Shaun Johnson

Thema:

1. How to get to know the current settings for the external display - Similar Threads - current settings external

2. How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??: I have bought an external display from waveshare of 7" with resolution of 1024x600 and my laptop is hp probook 6470b with i5 3320M without HDMI port.I bought usb to hdmi cable but its resolution is 1024x768 and not 1024x600.I tried CRU but it didn't workedofcourse did tried...
  3. How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set custom display resolution in win10 for external display of 1024x600??: I have bought an external display from waveshare of 7" with resolution of 1024x600 and my laptop is hp probook 6470b with i5 3320M without HDMI port.I bought usb to hdmi cable but its resolution is 1024x768 and not 1024x600.I tried CRU but it didn't workedofcourse did tried...
  4. External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...: The SystemI have a laptop: Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 running windows 11 and an external ultrawide monitor: LG 38GN950 with a native resolution of 3840x1600, it is an ultrawide monitor. which is connected via the laptops HDMI output to the monitors HDMI input. The laptop uses...
  5. External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...

External monitor resolution does not display correctly when display settings are set to...: The SystemI have a laptop: Asus ROG Zephyrus S17 running windows 11 and an external ultrawide monitor: LG 38GN950 with a native resolution of 3840x1600, it is an ultrawide monitor. which is connected via the laptops HDMI output to the monitors HDMI input. The laptop uses...
  6. How do I adjust the size of an external monitor in Display Settings?

How do I adjust the size of an external monitor in Display Settings?: My external monitor is not lining up correctly with my laptop screens. I have adjusted the external monitor location in the display settings, but it won't align correctly because my external monitor is much larger than my laptop screen. Display settings shows both screens as...
  7. Anyone know how to get rid of Settings header

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone know how to get rid of Settings header: Just noticed this big tab in the settings home screen, does anyone know how to disable it, Windows 10 build 662, it's so in your face *Sad [img] 169702
  8. Can not get into display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not get into display settings: When I click on the 'System' option in windows settings, the app just closes. I am able to get into every other system settings such as sound or power options via right clicking on the start button, but I am unable to get into the display settings....
  9. Unable to get HDR on external display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to get HDR on external display: hi, I’m using Hp Elite book 840 G4 with windows 10. What I’m trying to do is run videos (movies) though my laptop on a 55” 4K philips television which supports HDR10. I have bought a display port adapter which supports 4K @ 60hz. The setup is as below - 1. Laptop...
  10. One external display (projector), 5 shown in Display Settings.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    One external display (projector), 5 shown in Display Settings.: I've tried searching the forums but haven't been able to find anyone with the same problem, so if a thread already exists and I just failed at finding it please point me in that direction. I have a Lenovo L440 laptop running Windows 10 1607, it has an Intel HD Graphics...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yong xing display driver