Windows 10: How to get to Safe Mode when I'm having that Auto Repair loop problem?

Discus and support How to get to Safe Mode when I'm having that Auto Repair loop problem? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Obviously I can't click on anything or type anything because the loop is constant. I've been reading forums etc for the past couple of days for a fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Magwheelz, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Magwheelz Win User

How to get to Safe Mode when I'm having that Auto Repair loop problem?

Obviously I can't click on anything or type anything because the loop is constant. I've been reading forums etc for the past couple of days for a fix for this Automatic Repair loop..nothing that would help and I notice many others the past year also never found a solution.

I burned on a dvd a Windows 10 bootup thing- as suggested by someone. That doesn't stop the loop either- and yes, I did get to the page via F12 that allows to change it to boot from the DVD etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

:)

Magwheelz, Jan 10, 2016

2. pciide.sys corrupt

I try to put it in safe mode but when I do it starts to auto repair and it brings me back to the same screen, im Stuck in a loop

Sharpey459, Jan 10, 2016
  3. ScottHagy Win User
    windows 10 updated crashed my computer

I get through the 2 hard resets and select option 4 for safe mode...but I still get the Blue stop screen and loop right back to the auto repair option again.

scott

ScottHagy, Jan 10, 2016
  4. Injust Win User

When you try to boot from the DVD, when it prompts you to "Press any key to boot from CD/DVD", are you hitting a key to continue the boot?

Injust, Jan 10, 2016
  5. Magwheelz Win User
    Yes..I hit"Enter"...and if I remember correctly a pop-up appears asking to confirm it.

Magwheelz, Jan 11, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Can you try the DVD you created on another computer to see if it's actually bootable?

How did you create the DVD, exactly what steps did you do?

Ztruker, Jan 11, 2016
  7. Magwheelz Win User
    I just did..and nothing happened. There is a bunch of folders etc on the DVD though- clicked on "setup" and it did start to set it up. It was on some page I was following on how to go about it...Microsoft page I'm almost certain. Did I miss something or is it not actually supposed to boot from it when turning on the computer..one has to tell it to do so??

Magwheelz, Jan 11, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

You need to do one of two things.

1. Press a Fn key at boot to bring up the Boot Options menu, often F12 but not always)
    2. Change the boot order in BIOS Setup to make the CD/DVD drive the first boot device.

I prefer 1 since it's easier and does not require me to change BIOS setup. What is the make and full model number of your computer?

Fill out System Specs for tenforums.

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Ztruker, Jan 11, 2016
  9. b1rd Win User
    Hey Magwheelz-

Just to confirm, you did burn the bootable DVD using an .ISO file?

10. Magwheelz Win User
    Yep...the .ISO file.

Ztruker..am burning another DVD following a Youtube vid someone suggested...doesn't look like it's any different than what I did but ya never know. Will post the other info requested later if I'm still having problems. Thanks

Magwheelz, Jan 12, 2016
  11. Magwheelz Win User
    After changing the boot order to 1 I actually saw something I hadn't seen before- "hit any key to boot from cd or dvd"(or something like that)- I guess that's what Injust above was referring to(sorry, I thought you meant when choosing to boot from dvd and you hit enter etc there). Unfortunately hitting any key didn't make it do anything different- it just started doing the same stupid loop thing right away again.

Will look at it again in the morning..maybe switch it to 2?

The computer is a Dell-Inspiron M731R 5735
    Link to the configuration: Product Support | Dell US

Magwheelz, Jan 12, 2016
  12. Magwheelz Win User
    Still no luck. I noticed when I put the DVD in this computer that works..it doesn't boot up on it's own- a pop-up appears asking if I want to do the setup or something. So if on the computer I'm having problems with it's not booting up on it's own and it doesn't stop and give me that pop-up....what to do?

Magwheelz, Jan 13, 2016
  13. Injust Win User

Have you set the BIOS to boot from the CD/DVD as first priority, before the hard drive?

Injust, Jan 13, 2016
  14. Magwheelz Win User
    Yep. Even checked it after numerous attempts..it's still at #1.

Magwheelz, Jan 13, 2016
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Dell uses the F12 key to get to the Boot Menu, have you tried tapping that every second or so when you first boot the computer? It should bring up a menu where you can choose the optical drive to boot from.

Ztruker, Jan 13, 2016
Thema:

1. How to get to Safe Mode when I'm having that Auto Repair loop problem? - Similar Threads - Safe Mode I'm

2. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto repair loop: Hey I kinda need help with something. When I turn on my laptop I get taken to an auto repair thing. I’m not able to reset my pc or run a sfc scan. I’ve been stuck on that for hours and I really need help trying to fix it. I’ve been looking up things to help me escape it but I...
  3. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto repair loop: Today when I turn on my laptop, I get a black screen that says "preparing automatic repair" and then changes to "diagnosing PC". They take me to a blue screen with various options. I have searched the internet on how to solve this, but nothing has worked. Whenever I tried...
  4. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Auto repair loop: Today when I turn on my laptop, I get a black screen that says "preparing automatic repair" and then changes to "diagnosing PC". They take me to a blue screen with various options. I have searched the internet on how to solve this, but nothing has worked. Whenever I tried...
  5. Auto repair loop

Auto repair loop: Hi, my asus laptop is stuck in an auto repair loop any fixes i cannot restart nor boot into safe mode F4 i also recently got this app so called restoro to scan my laptop for any viruses or updates . When it was scanning it had a blue screen idk why could this new app cause...
  6. auto repair loop

auto repair loop: I have a pc that I use for gaming it recently started going in a loop auto repair mode telling me stop code page fault in non page are and it says what failed win32k.sys I have tried the offered fixes in auto repair with no luck I am not computer lterate but would really...
  7. Auto repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto repair loop: y windows 10 got stuck on the auto repair inicialization loop. I've tryed everything, even restauring the system keeping only the files and it didn't work. I think it's a hardware problem. At the end I bought another notebook, and I'd like to know if there is a way of copying...
  8. In the auto repair loop, can't get into safe mood

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In the auto repair loop, can't get into safe mood: My Lenovo laptop was fine this afternoon, but after an error of MS office popped up, I decided to restart to see if it could solve the problem. However, it was then trapped in the automatic repair loop. I tried many methods, such as 1) chkdsk /f /r C: (it said found no...
  9. Auto Repair Mode Loop with no Admin account

Auto Repair Mode Loop with no Admin account: I recently restored my laptop to a restore point from last week to reset settings. That process worked fine but when I turned my laptop on this morning, it began to boot into Recovery Mode. I tried to run cmd as well as the other advanced settings but could not because I...
  10. Safe mode initiating auto repair?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode initiating auto repair?: For the last 9+ months updates are giving me trouble. I keep getting these 0x80073712 errors for any cumulative or .NET updates. The last update I got on my system was KB4033637. I have tried SFC and DISM which both fail. Today I decided to try SFC/DISM from safe mode. I...