Windows 10: How to get to Text Import wizard - trying to change to Excel, delimited

Discus and support How to get to Text Import wizard - trying to change to Excel, delimited in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How to get to Text Import wizard - trying to change to Excel, delimited... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MelBrodsky, Oct 5, 2018.

1. How to get to Text Import wizard - trying to change to Excel, delimited

How to get to Text Import wizard - trying to change to Excel, delimited

:)

MelBrodsky, Oct 5, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

if i have a big comma text delimited file

Hi Beejay.

Is the text file comma delimited already?

If so,

Open Windows File Explorer

On the view ribbon, check the box marked 'File name extensions'

Then go back to that file and change the file extension from txt to csv

Then just double click that file to open it in Excel

If the file does not open in Excel, there may be something wrong with the comma delimiting - where did the file originate?

DaveM121, Oct 5, 2018
  3. How do I turn a notepad into an Excell sheet ?

no ...There is nothing I can do to change or input anything ...

Thx for trying to help

JonasRoshi, Oct 5, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

how to convert a text file to excel

Hi Barbara,

Generally the text file must be delimited by commas and saved as a csv file. This will automatically import into Excel . . .

If it is just a straight text file, it might be a bit more difficult!

If the file is not delimited by commas, can you please provide a sample of the first 2 lines of the file in order for us to provide further advice . . .

DaveM121, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to get to Text Import wizard - trying to change to Excel, delimited - Similar Threads - Text Import wizard

2. Excel, windows version 10 - Data - Text to columns - wizard box not appearing that appears...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel, windows version 10 - Data - Text to columns - wizard box not appearing that appears...: I am using an external source to pull data and my colleague is using Windows 11 pro and I am using windows 10 pro.Once dataset is loaded into a raw data tab. We then go to the data tab and then the text to columns tab, in my colleagues tab a wizard box appears and in this...
  3. Excel, windows version 10 - Data - Text to columns - wizard box not appearing that appears...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel, windows version 10 - Data - Text to columns - wizard box not appearing that appears...: I am using an external source to pull data and my colleague is using Windows 11 pro and I am using windows 10 pro.Once dataset is loaded into a raw data tab. We then go to the data tab and then the text to columns tab, in my colleagues tab a wizard box appears and in this...
  4. How to import .url files into one text file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to import .url files into one text file?: Hi,I have more than 1000 .url files files you generate when you drag an URL from your web browser to your Windows file explorer.How to send all these URLs into one txt file at once?...
  5. Import Excel file into Access 2010

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Import Excel file into Access 2010: When I try to import a 2010 Excel file into 2010 Access database, I get the error that there is no search key to be found in any record. What does that mean?...
  6. Import Excel file into Access 2010

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Import Excel file into Access 2010: When I try to import a 2010 Excel file into 2010 Access database, I get the error that there is no search key to be found in any record. What does that mean?...
  7. Import Excel file into Access 2010

8. I need to know How to Change Multiple text Files into an excell column

in Microsoft Office and 365
    I need to know How to Change Multiple text Files into an excell column: Hello, Just wondering If anyone can help with this small issue. I have a hundreds of TXT files which I want to upload to my Wordpress website, each text file should create one page. I understand how to create a create a CSV, with a column for content and another for the title...
  9. SQL Import/export wizard using excel and this error: The ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0’...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SQL Import/export wizard using excel and this error: The ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0’...: Trying to use SQL server import/export tool and data source excel and get this error: The ‘Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.16.0’ provider is not registered on the local machine. (System.Data) I have tried multiple tings from researching what others are doing but to no avail. I need...
  10. How to get to Text Import wizard - trying to change to Excel, delimited

How to get to Text Import wizard - trying to change to Excel, delimited: How to get to Text Import wizard - trying to change to Excel, delimited https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/how-to-get-to-text-import-wizard-trying-to-change/c184eb5e-3837-4ce2-81fd-17063f4cd2af