Windows 10: How to get true-color scans in Windows 10?

Discus and support How to get true-color scans in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I try to scan something with the "Scan" or "Windows Fax and Scan" apps, Windows seems to be doing some sort of automatic adjustments to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Black_Vortis, Jan 25, 2021.

1. How to get true-color scans in Windows 10?

Whenever I try to scan something with the "Scan" or "Windows Fax and Scan" apps, Windows seems to be doing some sort of automatic adjustments to the brightness and contrast, presumably to make white paper look more uniformly white. The problem is, this makes the edges of text really jagged, makes the whole scan look washed out, makes colored ink look very desaturated, and gives the background an ugly speckled appearance.

I was able to fix these issues in HP Solution Center by turning the "Highlights" slider to 0, but that program doesn't work now that Flash isn't supported, and their new "HP Scan and Capture" app doesn't have any color settings besides "Color" and "Gray" and doesn't even support exporting to PNGs.

I feel like it shouldn't be too much to ask for a scanning app to give me scans that haven't been monkeyed with through automatic contrast "fixes" or JPEG compression. If there are some hidden settings to fix this, please let me know. If not, is there a scanning app with more advanced settings? Failing that, I'd settle for some way to re-enable Flash so I could just use the program that's worked for me for years now.

submitted by /u/Black_Vortis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Black_Vortis, Jan 25, 2021

2. True Color

I downloaded Windows 10 to my PC laptop which had Windows 8.1. After downloading, says True color did not download. How do I download True Color on my laptop again?

DebbieBorato, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Window background color - I don't appear to be able to do this on windows 10 as the change color scheme bit isn't there.

Hi Anton,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change color scheme for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Right click on “Desktop screen”.
    • Then click on “Personalize”.
    • Click on “Colors”.
    • And change the color accordingly.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 25, 2021
  4. How to get true-color scans in Windows 10?

Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

How to get true-color scans in Windows 10?

1. How to get true-color scans in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - true color scans

2. How do I get my HP ENVY 5530 printer to SCAN IN COLOR in WINDOWS 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my HP ENVY 5530 printer to SCAN IN COLOR in WINDOWS 11?: How do I get my HP ENVY 5530 printer to SCAN IN COLOR in WINDOWS 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-hp-envy-5530-printer-to-scan-in/72645dc9-e5ef-4ad2-8cb7-6980087fb425
  3. How do I get my HP ENVY 5530 printer to SCAN IN COLOR in WINDOWS 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my HP ENVY 5530 printer to SCAN IN COLOR in WINDOWS 11?: How do I get my HP ENVY 5530 printer to SCAN IN COLOR in WINDOWS 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-hp-envy-5530-printer-to-scan-in/72645dc9-e5ef-4ad2-8cb7-6980087fb425
  4. How to enter the "true" BIOS

in Windows 10 Support
    How to enter the "true" BIOS: I have Samsung laptop, and i want to enter the BIOS but upon entering i get a crappy, limited BIOS ( and i want to access the actual BIOS. How do i skip, take out or just access the true BIOS? And by BIOS i mean the UEFI firmware settings path, that takes you the BIOS. 179698
  5. how to get 16 bit color on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to get 16 bit color on windows 10?: hello, how can i change my windows 10 computer to 16 bit color? thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-16-bit-color-on-windows-10/a44818cc-dde9-4dc6-a58b-45af63e155d2
  6. 32-bit True Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    32-bit True Color in Windows 10: When I check under Windows settings, under Advanced Display Settings, it says the color depth is only 8 bit. However when I click on display adapter properties, it tells me that my highest available mode is 32 bit TrueColor. So is there an issue here? Thank you....
  7. how to get better scans with 3d scan app in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get better scans with 3d scan app in windows 10?: I've watched an older channel 9 on scanning using 3d builder but I at the best get one arm and the other cut off. In addition, I get streaking with my model as I move slowly around. What settings do I have wrong and/or what environment do I need to perform a good 3d scan?...
  8. the colors are mixed up and they are not true colors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the colors are mixed up and they are not true colors: the faces are green and reds are pink https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/the-colors-are-mixed-up-and-they-are-not-true/7429797d-046a-4554-a46c-9f5697359813
  9. Windows 10 not displaying actual true color after upgrading from 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not displaying actual true color after upgrading from 7: Hi all, I have encountered the following issue: I have upgraded my Windows 7 to 10 for some time now and i have noticed that although my drivers/settings are ok, no actual 32-bit (true color) is displayed. That's noticeable when there is gradient color involved in a...
  10. Is this true??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is this true??: I have just read this article out of curiosity and am shocked at what is being stated in point 1 is this true or not?? Windows 10: Ten big things to watch for in 2016 - TechRepublic 35600