Windows 10: How to get W10 back after crash if I got it via the W7 online upgrade

Discus and support How to get W10 back after crash if I got it via the W7 online upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC will no longer boot into windows. It is a Sager gaming laptop that has been my desktop for 2.5 years. If this is fixable but W10 needs to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tspnyc, Jan 13, 2019.

1. tspnyc Win User

How to get W10 back after crash if I got it via the W7 online upgrade

My PC will no longer boot into windows. It is a Sager gaming laptop that has been my desktop for 2.5 years.

If this is fixable but W10 needs to be reinstalled, how do I do that? I have no disks as it came from the free upgrade online from W7.

Should I reinstall W7 and then apply for the online upgrade again? Or can I somehow just get W10 (without paying for it.)

I do have a little Yoga 900 that also got the free upgrade. Is there some sort of license number on that computer to get W10 reinstalled on the broken computer?

And I have same question about Office 2010. It too was an upgrade.

Thanks!

:)

tspnyc, Jan 13, 2019
  2. BobiJoBJ Win User

W7 to W10 upgrade

I have tried to upgrade to W10 home premium from my 64-bit W7 home premium operating system on my laptop. I checked that I meet all requirements and have tried everything anyone ever suggested. I wasted 2 days in December 2015, and still failed.

I had no problem in March 2016 upgrading my desktop W7 Ultimate to W10, so I thought I might try again to upgrade my W7 home premium.

I have now wasted another 2 days in March trying to upgrade the laptop. Either it is a problem with my laptop that the Windows Update Trouble-Shooter does not find, or W7 Home Premium (64) will not upgrade to W10. I give up.

BobiJoBJ, Jan 13, 2019
  3. W7 to W10 upgrade

I am considering upgrading from my current w7 home premium 64 bit to w10 which is offered free.

Main reason due to w7 home premium only allowing me to use half of my 32gm of ram.

Simple question:

Will w7 home premium 64 bit upgrade to w10 home 64 bit?

jetmechnor, Jan 13, 2019
  4. How to get W10 back after crash if I got it via the W7 online upgrade

upgrade W7 to W10

My first question was answered so quickly thought I would try another question

Having problems right now with W7. Will an upgrade to W10 be impacted by issues I am having with W7. Are there any shared files from W7 that remain.

yetifreddy, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

How to get W10 back after crash if I got it via the W7 online upgrade

1. How to get W10 back after crash if I got it via the W7 online upgrade - Similar Threads - W10 crash got

2. Upgrading from W7 to W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from W7 to W10: I am currently running W7 on an SSD and want to upgrade to W10 on the same hardware. Is this possible? If so, anything special I need to do? I was unable to install the free upgrade when it was available because of the SSD. Thanks....
  3. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  4. upgrading W7 to W10

upgrading W7 to W10: Hi. This will probably be a common question. My wife uses W7. Does not want W10. I have been told that I can copy my W10 from my PC to a USB stick and install W10 like that on to her Laptop.. Is this possible please. If so, is there any set proceedure like which files to...
  5. Desktop 'pulsing' after W7 - W10 upgrade...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop 'pulsing' after W7 - W10 upgrade...: Hello, Having just updated an ASUS laptop by replacing the old hard drive to an SSD and upgraded from W7 to W10 I’m faced with rather an odd problem. When I start the laptop the desktop appears normally but then goes blank, then re-appears then goes off again, 'pulsing'...
  6. Upgrade to W10, roll back to W7, then back to W10 - possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to W10, roll back to W7, then back to W10 - possible?: Hi there, I have a small net-top running Win7, which is primarily used as a WMC DVR/TV system in my living room. As is well known, WMC is not part of W10, and isn't coming back. I'd like to upgrade to W10 on this machine to try out some other options that are out there....
  7. Free upgrade to W10 and go back to W7: do I keep the free upgrade?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Free upgrade to W10 and go back to W7: do I keep the free upgrade?: I don't want to update to W10 yet and I have read that I cannot keep my current W7 installation along with a free upgraded a W10 from the same W7 key. So, if I do the free upgrade from W7 to W10 and then go back to W7, will I keep the free upgrade on this PC if I install W10...
  8. VIDEO: Upgrading W7 to W10 9926 (and rolled back to W7)

VIDEO: Upgrading W7 to W10 9926 (and rolled back to W7): For those who are thinking about upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10, here's how I did it. I upgraded WIn 7 to Win 10 and then I rolled it back to Win 7 again. Warning: 16mins video from start to finish (you can fast forward at will). Total upgrade and rollback time is about...
  9. W10 Home x64 (via upgrade W7 Home Premium) upgrade to W10 Pro by DVD

W10 Home x64 (via upgrade W7 Home Premium) upgrade to W10 Pro by DVD: Windows 10 Home x64 in use. This W10 is activated after upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium. Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home with a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro DVD and a valid key ? The current Windows 10 Home x64 has applications...
  10. Upgraded from W7 Pro, and got W10 Home...

Upgraded from W7 Pro, and got W10 Home...: Hi all, Done a fair bit of searching and my problem seems to be fairly unique. Long story short, I had W10 Home installed, formatted and installed an unused copy of W7 Pro, used the W10 Upgrade Assistant to upgrade to W10 again expecting to then have W10 Pro, but it still...